Prolouge: It's All About Perspective: Part 2

Unexpected

Chaelin:

I arrived at school early like usual, I would usually go hang out with Jiyong and Seung-hyun but I can't face Jiyong. I spent the whole weekend crying. I wish I hadn't .

"Chae! Please come here!" Jiyong yells

His voice like poison to my ears.

"Coming oppa!" I yell back as I run towards them

"Hey..." Seung-hyun said awkwardly

"Hey, what do you want oppa?" I ask.

"Where's Dara?" He asks

Rage fires up inside of me. You're looking for her! That's all you wanted me for, her.

"She isn't coming today. Flew to the Phillipenes to visit her sick uncle," I blurt out. At least it's the truth.

"Oh..." He says, sounding so disappointed.

My reflexes kicked in, I had to make him feel better.

"Hey hey let's not feel bad. Let's all go fill up our watter bottles and have a water fight. Okay oppa?" I say nicely.

"Please, let's do that!" Seung-hyun smiled at me.

That made me smile.

"Okay...." Jiyong says nervously.

I dragged him along, Seung-hyun slowly followed. Seung-hyun didn't like standing too close to me. I think I make him nervous.

As I pour water on Jiyong I think about how he poured his feelings to me and I only thought about myself. I felt so bad that I let both Jiyong and Seung-hyun soak me. Us three were so close, I mean Jiyong and I were the closest but we were all pretty good around each other. Seung-hyun and I looked at each other and ran away. As we hid I knew it was time.

"Seung-hyun?" I whisper.

"Yes... Chae...lin," he stumbles through his sentence. It's kinda cute.

"Do you feel more towards me than just friends? Like a relationship," I ask, scared of hurting him.

"Chaelin..." He grabs my hands.

"I think you are beauitful. Your face, your body, your personality. I really do like you. I wish I could be with you but we can't. It's fairly obvouis you like... well... him," He says with infactuation and points to Jiyong who's looking around to find us.

"I want to ask you something..." I say too quiet to hear.

"As I was saying, I wouldn't want to hurt him either." He says as if I knew what he was talking about.

"Why would it hurt..." I didn't finish my sentence because Jiyong interrupted.

"Hey there you guys are!" Jiyong's face lit up in a way I have never seen before.

Seung-hyun gets up and starts to walk with Jiyong

"You coming?" Jiyong asks

I look at Sehung-hyun, he's avoiding eye contact.

"No thanks, I'm going to just umm go someplace else," I say nervously and run away.

I hide behind the building. All I can think about is Jiyong and Seung-hyun. Why! I need to move on from Jiyong like he did with me. At least I think from me... I don't know anymore.

Then out of no where, the answer comes.

 

"Um Chae... I need you..." Sehung-hyun said as he crept around from the side of the building.

"What? What happ- Oh who cares, Are you ok?" I ask worriedly.

As Sehung-hyun grabs my hands and pulls me in close, he whispers "Will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?"

"Of course, I want to be with you," I reply.

We lean into kiss but Jiyong interrupts.

"Hey- oh sorry..." Jiyong looks shocked and disappointed.

Why is he disappointed? In me for dating his friend? Why though?

Then it made me realise. Is he jealous? Because Jiyong was my first kiss but now I'm moving on? Well too bad Jiyong.

 

*Flashback*

"I's raining, Oppa. Can we still play outside?" I ask Jiyong.

"Let's just sit with the flowers," He was sad, his friends because he had never had his first kiss.

As we lie in the flowers I ask,

"Oppa, how do you kiss?" I ask innocenctly

"Do you want to know?" Jiyong asks flirtatiously.

"Who'd wanna kiss me?" I ask while laughing.

As we lean in, I get nervous. I'm only 10, why am I having my first kiss now? Right because Jiyong started it!

My palms get sweaty, my lips get dry, my eyes close. I can taste his breath... It tastes like mint from the mint lolly we shared earlier.

As our lips press I can't help but just take over, he always was slow at starting things. Our tongues touch, we exchange salvia. All the normal kissing stuff.

I am Chaelin at the age of 10 and I had my first kiss with my best friend, Jiyong

 

Before Seung-hyun could realise I wasn't looking at him, I kissed him. It went for at least a minute. I opened my eyes to see Jiyong's eyes tearing up as he ran away. Why was he crying? My mother would be crying if she were watching us right now, my first boyfriend. I hope I'm a good girlfriend... Well good enough.

 

Jiyong:

Seung-hyun and I were sitting around at school, waiting for Chaelin.

"I think I'll tell her today," Seung-hyun said awkardly.

"Tell her what?" I ask confused.

"That I like her," He smiles shyly.

I feel angry and jealous. Why do I care? He's liked her longer and I like Dara. I spot Chaelin.

"Chae! Please come here!" I yell

"Coming oppa!" Chaelin yells and runs over.

She looks so cute trying to run and hold her bag at the same time.

"Hey..." Seung-hyun said awkwardly

"Hey, what do you want oppa?" Chaelin asks.

"Where's Dara?" I ask, avoiding my thoughts of her.

"She isn't coming today. Flew to the Phillipenes to visit her sick uncle," Chaelin replied quickly.

"Oh..." I say sounding so disappointed.

"Hey hey let's not feel bad. Let's all go fill up our watter bottles and have a water fight. Okay oppa?" Chaline said nicely.

"Please, let's do that!" Seung-hyun smiled at Chaelin.

Chaelin smiled. Her smile is so cute and lights up her face.

"Okay...." I say nervously.

Chaelin dragged me away with Seung-hyun following. Her holding my hands made me feel.. No! Control.

Chaelin was winning, like usually. She was pouring water on me when I realised that she looked guilty. Using this to my advantage, Seung-hyun and I poured water on her.

She then ran away with Seung-hyun.

I knew this is when he would confess his feelings. I'm not ready to say goodbye to my Chaelin

I pretend to not know where they are.

Seugn-hyun comes out from hiding I run up the hill to talk about how it went but i didn't want to seem impolite so...

"You coming?" I asked Chaelin as Seung-hyun walked together.

She looks at Seung-hyun, he avoids her gaze.

"No thanks I'm just um going to go someplace else," She says nervously and runs away.

"So how'd it go? Are you guys a couple?" I say hiding my anger.

"No... I didn't want to upset you," Seung-hyun answers while looking at the ground.

I grab him by the shoulders and force him to look me in the eye.

"ASK.HER.NOW!" I saw, making my words clear

"But what about.." I cut him off

"No just ask her," With that he ran away to find Chaelin.

I followed slowly. As I come from behind the building ready to comfort my rejcted friend and I see them kissing.

HOW DARE SHE! She doesn't even like him like that! She can't like him like that!

Tears well up in my eyes, what's wrong with me!

I run away. I can run away from her but not from my feelings and thoughts about her.