Me Be

.⊰ The Bed Where You Lie ◇ Requested by ⋮ “XOXO17”
 
beautifulpain_zpsa38b147e.png

divider2_zpscb8ca6e4.png

 

“Mom…” Boyoung crossed her arms across her chest. “For the last time, I’m not going to that party.” She turned her body away from her mother and back to her sizzling ddeokbokki.

 

Her mother frowned as she made her way over to her daughter. She placed her hands on Boyoung’s shoulders and turned her around. She inhaled and exhaled deeply as she looked at her one and only child’s beautiful face.

 

She understood what her daughter went through. All these years at high school weren’t her best. Teenagers could be very mean. Braided low pigtails during freshman, glasses during sophomore, and braces throughout junior and senior year. This wasn’t the idea girl nor friend, but a nerd waiting to be bullied.

 

“Sweetie, this is a good chance to get some friends.”

 

Boyoung removed her mother’s hands from her shoulders and held them in hers. “Mom~” She sang. “I got my own kind of friends. Besides, parties aren’t really my thing and you know that.”

 

“You don’t know that.”

 

“Yes I do. I’ve never been to one because I don’t like them.”

 

“But—

 

“No buts mom. I’m not going to change my mind.”

 

Her mother sighed. “Okay. If you insist.”

 

“Thank you.” Boyoung turned away and grabbed a bowl for the ddeobokki.

 

“Are you sure—“

 

“Mom~”

 

“I was just making sure.”

 

Boyoung smiled as her mother’s footsteps faded upstairs. She placed the ddeobokki down in the center of the table with the rest of her delicious dishes that her mother had taught her. She set out four plates, each with its own fork, spoon, cup, and napkin.

 

She took a couple of steps back and smiled at the wonderful, tasty dinner she had made. It was perfect. One of the best dinner meals she’s ever made. She turned around to call her parents for dinner but bumped into someone. She took a couple of steps back and regained her composure.

 

“Oh. Minah. I was just about to call my parents and you for dinner.”

 

Minah crossed her arms over her chest as she put most of her weight on one leg and gave Boyoung a deadpan look.

 

“What’s with the mild look?” Boyoung walked around Minah and towards the stairs.

 

“I heard your mom said you aren’t going to the party.”

 

“Oh so that’s what that look was for.” Boyoung stopped on the first step of the stairs and looked at her best friend. “I can’t believe we’re even talking about this.” She her heels and went up the flight of stairs; heading to her parents’ bedroom.

 

Minah followed her friend upstairs; staying hot on Boyoung’s footsteps. “Oh come on. You have to go.”

 

“Don’t Minah.” Boyoung knocked on her parents’ bedroom door. “I’ve already had this talk with my mom.” She turned her back to the door and faced her best friend. “My answer is final. I’m not going.”

 

“But— Minah was cut short when Boyoung’s father opened the door.

 

“Yes you are.” Mr. Jeung asked with his hands on his hips.

 

Mrs. Jeung came from behind her husband and peaked her head out from his shoulder. She gave a weak smile to her daughter.

 

Boyoung’s mouth fell open as she stared at her childish mom. “Mom~” She sang in annoyance. “I can’t believe you told on me.” She sighed and ran a hand through her hair but stopped and massaged the back of her head.

 

Minah pursed her lips hard; trying to hold her laughter back. Boyoung’s mother gave her a thumbs up but stopped after receiving a light glare from her daughter.

 

“I know you two planned this.” Boyoung turned away and walked towards the stairs.

 

“Ah come on Bo. Don’t be like that.” Minah chased after her friend as the parents followed suit.

 

“Yeah sweetie. We just want what is good for you.” Her mom stepped off the last step of the stairs and walked into the kitchen after the two.

 

Boyoung kept silent as she took her seat. Her mother sat across from her. Her father was to her right and Minah to her left.

 

The silence in the room was killing everyone except Boyoung, who was a little angry. She didn’t understand why her family and friends wanted her to go. Everyone knows that Jeung Boyoung doesn’t party. She’s a highly educated, middle class, boring teenager.

 

The last time she went to a party was when she was twelve. The boys and girls were being mean. They didn’t want to share anything with her nor did they want her to be on their team during games. Kids in this generation somehow just knew how to be terribly evil.

 

But that wasn’t what was keeping her from going. She was afraid to show the new Boyoung to people who knew her as teacher’s pet or a geeky nerd. This new her could be the end of her. She could already imagine all the girls’ and boys facial expression once she walks into the party. Those faces won’t be anywhere near pleasing and impressed.

 

Minah looked from Mrs. Jeung to Mr. Jeung and sighed. She felt bad that they were ganging up on her and forcing her to go.

 

“Bo.” Her father started as she turned to face him. “If it means that much to you to not go, then you shouldn’t go.” He gave Boyoung a gentle smile.

 

She gave a weak smile back knowing she couldn’t say no to her father.

 

 

 

 

“Yo! Cheol! Get your up here!” Mingyu yelled from Vernon’s room.

 

Seungcheol groaned as he set his phone down on the table in the living room. He dragged his feet up the stairs and into Vernon’s room, where the other three were located at.

 

“What~?” He complained as he scratched his head and closed the door.

 

The three looked at him with gummy smiles before looking at each other. Seungcheol furrowed his brows as he walked closer to them. They stood in a line, blocking something on the bed.

 

“What are you guys doing?”

 

“Nothing.” They teased.

 

“Psh!” Seungcheol placed one palm on Mingyu and the other on Wonwoo and parted the two to opposite sides; Wonwoon caught himself before he fell as Mingyu was helped by Vernon to regain his composure.

 

“Really?” Seungcheol asked as he turned and looked at the other three. “You asked me upstairs to look at dresses?” He pushed each of their heads with his finger.

 

“Ow!” Vernon rubbed his temple.

 

“Aiya!” Mingyu crossed his arms over his chest.

 

“Yah!” Wonwoo’s hands rested at his hips.

 

“Seriously guys, I don’t have time for this.” He shook his head and started walking away. “I have other things to do.”

 

“Really? Like what?” Wonwoo chased after him.

 

“Like talking to Qri?” Mingyu followed suit.

 

Seungcheol made a turn and went back to Vernon’s room. The two followed. He went back out and down the stairs trying to avoid the two’s endless questions.

 

“Stop following me around.” He grabbed his phone and joined Vernon back in his room and locked the two out.

 

“OPEN THE DOOR HYUNG!” Mingyu knocked on the door nonstop.

 

“DON’T DO THIS TO US!” Wonwoo pounded on the door loudly every other second.

 

“Stop banging the door. I’m not going to open it.”

 

“Hey Cheol.” Vernon spoke.

 

“What?”

 

“If you were going to bring a girl to Mingyu’s grad party, which dress would you pick?” Vernon watched as Seungcheol made his way over. “Would you pick this one, that one, the one over here, or the one over there?” Vernon pointed to each dress as spoke.

 

Seuncheol assessed the dress as his left hand propped his right hand, which was his chin in thinking mode. “Why'd you ask?” He looked at the younger lad.

 

“Erm… uh… it’s… it’s for Qri!”

 

“O…h…” Seungcheol turned away. “Let’s see. The black and blue ones are out, since white and red are my favorite colors.” Seungcheol reached for one of the dresses and held it up by the hanger. “This one.”

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you’re going!” Minah squealed as she tossed a few dresses onto Boyoung’s bed. “I’m so excited. Everyone is going to be so gaping at you.”

 

Boyoung scrunched her nose as she checked out the dresses Minah had picked out for her. “I don’t think that’s going to be happening.”

 

“Don’t doubt yourself.”

 

“Psh… why wouldn’t I?”

 

“Cause Bang Minah, aka the Queen of Fashion, is here.” She walked away from the closet and set the last dress down. “Now let’s start trying out these dresses.”

 

Boyoung sighed as she grabbed one of the many dresses and entered the bathroom. She changed and looked at the mirror. She made a duck face as she shook her head sideways. This wasn’t going to do.

 

“So…? How do you look?” Minah asked as she sat down on the bed and stared at the bathroom door.

 

Silence erupted the room as Boyoung refused to come out. “Oh come on. It’s can’t be that bad Bo.”

 

Boyoung sighed as she walked out. “Hm…”

 

“Oh my.” Minah’s pursed her lips as she reached for another dress. “How about we try this one instead?”

 

After hours of trying on dresses, the two slept on the bed and sighed; staring at the ceiling.

 

“I knew this was going to happen.” Boyoung said as she rolled over; back facing Minah.

 

“Ah… this would have been easier if you had let me buy a dress for you.” Minah rolled over and tapped her friend’s shoulder. “I’m telling you, you don’t have to pay me back. Not even a penny. This is all on me. I really want to do this for you.”

 

Boyoung sigh. “But I don’t want you to.”

 

“Please~” Minah sat up as placed her palms in a praying position. “This will be the first and last time I ever buy anything for you regarding fashion.” She ended with a frown.

 

Boyoung tsked as she sat up and faced her friend. She closed her eyes as she exhaled in defeat.

 

“Alright.”

 

“Oh my god!” Minah jumped up in happiness as she ran over to the dresser and grabbed her purse. “Let’s go right now.”

 

“Right no—“

 

Boyoung was dragged out of her room and towards the stairs. Before they made it to the door the bell rang. They stopped and looked at each other for a couple of seconds, wondering if they should get the door or not.

 

“Kids!” Mr. Jeung yelled from the kitchen.

 

“What dad?!”

 

“One of you open the door and the other come give us a hand!”

 

Minah offered to go help Boyoung’s parents. Boyoung went to the door opened it. There stood a guy dressed in a tuxedo. He was holding a box wrapped with pretty ribbons and a stunning big bow.

 

“Uh… can I help you?”

 

“This is for Ms. Jeung.” The man replied.

 

“Senior or Junior Jeung?”

 

“Junior.”

 

Boyoung slowly reached for the box and welcomed it into her arms. She watched as the male walked away and got into the limo’s driver side. Her eyes trailed to the back window, behind the passenger’s side. It slowly went down as she swallowed. Time seemed to be going slow.

 

Her eyes enlarged as she saw none other than Wonwoo when the window completely rolled down. He pointed to the box. She looked at it and then back.

 

He did a pulling motion. She pulled the ribbon.

 

He did an opening motion. She opened the box.

 

He smiled at her charmingly. She slowly lifted the tissue papers.

 

Her eyes enlarged as she quickly looked back at him. He pulled out his phone for a second before looking at her in the eyes. He smirked and pressed the button to make the window go up. Once it did the driver drove off.

 

Her phone buzzed. She shook her head as she came back to reality. She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and unlocked it. She had gotten a text message from an unknown number. She pressed it.

 

                “See you at the party beautiful." – Love Wonwoo.

 

Boyoung blinked, figure frozen in place.

 

"What is it?" Minah asked as she came behind Boyoung. 

 

"It's a red dress."

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey there XOXO17, here's chapter two. I'm so sorry for the delay. I'll try to update as much as I can. I hope you like it.

SM17ES SMILE FOR SEVENTEEN AND GIVE ME A SM17ES NATION HUG!