Angels and Devils

The Joys of Being a Parent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They are so beautiful. You did very well, my love. Take a rest and let me take care of you all." Sehun shared through their link and Tao's cheek gently. A few hours ago Tao had given birth to their beautiful pups: Jongin, who had dark brown fur, was the youngest. Then there was Kyungsoo, the second youngest with caramel colored fur but the tiniest of them all. Yixing, who was completely white and lastly the eldest, YiFan with black fur who was the biggest.

They were lying on the floor in their living room, Tao resting against his mate with his back while the pups were feeding eagerly on him, ling and making cute, high pitched sounds.

"I am fine, Hunnie. No worries." Tao nuzzled his mate's snow white fur before facing their pups again and grooming them gently "Finally they are here. I can't believe these little things were in my belly just a few hours ago."

Sehun huffed softly because Tao was stubborn once again and didn't listen to him. "It was very exhausting, love. The pups won't mind if you go to sleep for a few hours and look at Yixing, he is falling asleep too."

"Won't they get upset? YiFan, Jongin and Kyungsoo are still awake though. I don't want to go to sleep while the pups are awake," Tao whined softly and curled up around their precious pups. He each of their heads and watched Yixing yawned cutely. Their eyes were still closed but they instinctively found their mother's teats.

"They won't, don't worry. And I am here, too. Nothing will happen while you are asleep, I promise." Sehun his mate's black fur again and nuzzled him gently. "I will get you some deer when you are awake again and then I will close all curtains so the pups won't be blended by the bright sun light when they can finally open their eyes."

The black omega whined softly again, giving up and nuzzling the white wolf back. "Watch over us well, Hunnie. I want the thighs and back of the deer, please." He his muzzle, his eyes twinkling. Sehun just chuckled through their link, knowing that those were Tao's favorite parts, and nudged his mate to finally get some rest.

The omega Sehun's cheek one last time before resting his head protectively over the tiny bodies of their pups. Sehun watched his small family closely, his heart swelling proudly in his chest. He just became father of four healthy pups and his mate was still as strong as before, Tao had done very well and Sehun was proud of him. It had hurt to see him in pain while he had given birth to their little treasures and the alpha was happy the worst was over; Now they could completely enjoy being parents. 

The first time Sehun had felt them kicking and had heard their heart beats, the white wolf had been barely able to sit still. He had talked to his sons without a break, had told them what he would do with them when they were finally born and grew older. He had done it to an extent that Tao, sensitive with all the hormones, had thrown him out into their garden and let him sleep there for one night like a dog, just to have a peaceful night without waking up to the consant babbling of his mate, although it had been very cute most of the times.

A couple of high pitched squeaks pulled Sehun out of his thoughts. "Aigoo, not even one day old and already wanting lots of attention, huh?" Sehun gently YiFan's head and carefully nuzzled his eldest son. Soon after, Jongin and Kyungsoo seemed to have noticed it and squeaked for attention as well which Sehun gladly gave them.

"I thought umma and appa's life was perfect already but you little things made it even more perfect. You have made umma's and appa's life complete now." The white wolf talked to his sons, he knew they couldn't understand him yet but he was sure it had a calming effect on him and would make it easier for them to develop the link between them.

Soon, a quiet, almost silent yawn escaped the pups' mouths as they all snuggled against the soft, velvety fur of Tao's underbelly as the heat and his heart beat gently lulled them to sleep. All Sehun and Tao could do at that one moment was watch them in awe. "Sehun..." His name being said sweetly through the link made Sehun look lovingly towards his mate, he bowed his head a little as if urging Tao to continue and he caught the message. "I love you."

Instead of using words to comunicate, He nudged Tao's head up lightly and repeatively his muzzle, both closing their eyes and thinking about how it possibly couldn't get any better than this. The light, calm breaths from the pups signalled they had drifted off to dream land and Tao gave the pure white wolf a sleepy smile before laying his head down so that his body was wrapped loosely around the four tiny, fragile treasures that were sleeping and only closing his eyes when his tail covered them gently.

"Sleep well, my love. I will be back soon, I promise." was the last thing Tao heard before slipping into a peaceful slumber, occasionally shuffling closer to the pups, making Sehun stare softly at the sight. All he could think about was how amazing it all was. That his mate, Tao, had given him another great gift as well as his love. He had given him pups. Four sons that prove their love to each other, afterall, what creates a pup? Love. So to create four pups made Sehun want to go and howl excitedly underneath the moonlight but he knew he'd have to wait for two things. He'd have to wait for Nightfall and he would have to wait until he caught his mate some food because he wanted to give everything he could to the coal black wolf that was currently sleeping before him.

Giving his family one last glance, a gentle on their heads and shutting the curtains, Sehun then left to go and hunt for the love of his life.

 

One month later, the freshly baked parents had their hearts swell in pride as they watched their sons try their first steps. YiFan and Jongin were eager to try it on their own. They were a little clumsy but their little legs seemed strong enough to carry them a few steps before they fell down again and let out frustrated huffs. Kyungsoo on the other hand was scared to walk and even with his mother's snout under his belly as support he kept whining, just wanting to snuggle into Tao's black, soft and not dangerous fur.

Yixing was the clumsiest of them all, when Sehun was supporting him just like Tao did with Kyungsoo, the pup with the fur as white as his father's did very well and made squeaky noises of joy. But as soon as the supporting and warm snout was gone, Yixing fell onto his every few steps, but that didn't lessen his determination to try over and over again.

"Look how different each of them is. They are perfect and little Kyungsoo is so adorable." Tao remarked lovingly through their link and Sehun agreed, his cheek as they watched their sons grow up. Meanwhile Kyungsoo was cuddled up to Tao again and nuzzling the soft fur of his mother.

Only a few days later though, the tiny pup got so annoyed that his siblings were walking and got so many praises and attention from their parents that he tried to walk on his own as well. YiFan and Jongin were balancing very well on their tiny paws already and very playful with each other, Kyungsoo was jealous of the attention his youngest brother got and so walked to Jongin clumsily and nipped at his ear playfully.

While Kyungsoo finally got attention from Jongin and received help from him, YiFan decided it would be funny to try and climb his father's body, who was currently busy cleaning his mother. The black pup yipped happily and reached the top of his father, laying down and burying his snout into the snow white fur. "Hey little man, what are you doing up here, huh?"

Sehun the top of YiFan's head as he felt his fur getting wet and nudged his son gently, chuckling. "Is appa tasty, FanFan? Are you hungry, boy?" 

"Jongin? Kyungsoo?" Tao blinked as he looked around the living room and only found Yixing falling on his again with a huff. There was no sight of their remaining two sons and the black omega got worried as he stood up and went to look for them. Luckily, Sehun was busy with YiFan and wouldn't freak out about it. Usually, although being the mother, Tao was the calmer soul of them two. 

Eventualy, he spotted them in the kitchen, noses stuck into a jar with strawberry jam that was mysteriously lying on the floor. The two pups were squeaking happily and curiously at the red, sweet and sticky stuff inside the jar and didn't notice how their mother walked up behind them and took them by their scruffs, setting them aside and nudging the jar into a corner for now. "You little rascals, you need to stay near umma and appa."

Tao their snouts clean and shielded the jar as Kyungsoo wanted to dash over to it again. "So, first being scared and now being all eager to walk, Soo? Strawberry jam is way too sweet for you. If you are hungry you can get milk from umma." 

The black omega took his two rascals by their scruffs again and carried the whining pups back to the living room where Sehun was playing with YiFan and Yixing. He sat next to them and set Kyungsoo and Jongin down at his feet, making sure they wouldn't escape again.

 

Two months later, a little yelp escaped the snout of the sleeping puppy, Yixing, causing Tao to quickly stop nuzzling Jongin and whip his head towards his direction only to find YiFan standing over him while playfully biting his fur. Thinking it was ok because they should play if they want to be able to hunt, Sehun watched over them with a slight pain in his heart. He didn't want their puppies to hurt each other but this was how they would learn to bite things. If they told them off for biting then they would probably not be able to hunt to survive. Letting out a loud yelp as Yifan bit too hard, Tao rushed over and pulled YiFan away, placing him behind his hind legs before repeativly lapping at the other's back. "Yixing, are you ok?" 

It wasn't long after, finally soothing Yixing, that they heard little growls and barking from Jongin and Kyungsoo who were fighting over who would have the spot next to their father and the white wolf sighed. "Jongin, Kyungsoo... Don't fight." He nudged them both gently with his nose to get their attention but they were too busy shooting cute, little glares at each other.

"They are a handful lately." Tao chuckled through their link and groomed Yixing gently. YiFan was sulking near them and watching Kyungsoo and Jongin fight. 

"They really are. Especially Kyungsoo and Jongin. I don't get how they can be like the best of friends one second and suddenly be the greatest rivals the next. Is Yixing hurt?" Sehun looked at their clumsy pup worriedly as he gave up on stopping their two rascals. Tao nodded and shoved the white pup over to his father before walking to Kyungsoo and Jongin, giving a soft bark.

The two pups froze and loooked up to their mother innocently, sitting down like little angels. "Don't give me that look, Kyungsoo and Jongin. There is enough space to lay with appa and no need to fight, Now be good boys and cuddle with your brother." Tao nudged them over to Yixing and Sehun before looking around for YiFan. 

After not seeing him, he huffed and walked to the couch to stuck his head below and look for their eldest. YiFan had developed a weird obsession with the space below the couch. So whenever he thought his parents were not watching him, the black alpha would sneak under it and hide, curling up and sometimes be found sleeping.

"YiFan dear, come out. What are you doing their again? If you come out umma will give you your plushie~" Luckily, their sons seemed to be able to connect little words to their favourite objects and food, so it was easy to get YiFan to come out and yip happily at his mother.

"You are getting heavy, Fannie." Tao huffed as he picked up his eldest son by his scruff and walked to his and Sehun's shared bedroom, that was getting too small for all six of them, to get YiFan's dragon plushie. When Sehun had come back from grocery shopping a few months ago, the alpha had come back with four plushies for their sons. YiFan had a green and yellow dragon, Yixing a white unicorn with a pink horn, Kyungsoo a brown owl with big eyes that were as big as his own and Jongin had a Poodle. Since then they couldn't sleep without their plushies and Kyungsoo didn't want to do anything without it anymore except when he was with Jongin.

YiFan barked and yipped happily as he spotted his dragon and squirmed in Tao's hold to be set down. Tao chuckled and set the eager pup down, watching him running off to his plushie. The black alpha nuzzled it happily while wagging his tail eagerly, picking the plushie up carefully with his few growing teeth before walking back to his mother and following him back to the living room as they heard Sehun whine softly. 

Worried, Tao picked up YiFan and walked to his mate, setting the pup down again and his mate that had been playing with Kyungsoo and Jongin. "What's wrong, Hunnie? Are you hurt somewhere?"

Sehun huffed softly and nuzzled his mate before looking to his tail on which a cute, white pup was attached with his snout. "Another one is teething. We should get teething toys soon. I don't want to know how hard Jongin can bite."

Tao let out a soft snort of amusement, ignoring the little whine from his mate, and walked over to the sleeping pup that was biting on his father's tail. "Yixing, dear..." He spoke gently through the link, noticing the little white pup twitching as if he was having a bad dream. After not receiving a response from the latter, he nuged the tiny body slightly, looking softly at Yixing as he slowly fluttered his eyes open and sleepily glanced around. Feeling something in his mouth, Yixing's natural response was to try and eat it, earning a yelp from his poor father, Sehun, who was trying not to turn around and push him off. However, after realising he couldn't eat it, the pup spat it out lazily and waddled heavily to his mother, collapsing at the paws of black.

Sehun huffed through the link and hid his tail underneath his as he sat down so to stop the others from doing what Yixing had done, only making his mate chuckle. "Don't laugh, My love..." He whined to which Tao responded by moving closer and nuzzling into his chest.

"Mian... You are just so cute that-" Before Tao could finish with what he was saying, his attention was brought towards the pups as a loud clatter echoed, sending shivers down his body. Both of them had no idea what they were even witnessing and could only stare at the scene in shock. Jongin had somehow tackled a sleepily wandering Yixing, causing him to tumble his little frame into the oldest, Yifan, who thought it was Kyungsoo so charged as fast as he could into him, earning growls from Yixing and Jongin before a little scrap happened. They had been fighting while their mother and father were talking, all diving on top of each other and Yixing even falling asleep on top of the youngest who was wriggling desperately to escape his brother's weight. It was only when Kyungsoo used his hind legs to fling Yifan off of him did they all stop... He had somehow managed to launch his older brother straight into one of their parents' favourite things, their picture together as pups. They all knew they had a short time to act before they turned around so they quickly rolled the sleepy Yixing over to the scene and hid anywhere they could, leaving the innocent Yixing to receive the blame.

Tao lifted up the sleeping pup and felt his heart drop as he saw their picture laying there in tatters, trying hard not to let his tears fall like his shoulders did, which didn't go unnoticed by the white wolf, he placed Yixing gently into a little box they call 'The Naughty Box", frowning down at the little pup who had just woken up and stared at his mother sleepily until he realised where he was and he whined cutely, begging the midnight black wolf with his sleepy eyes. "No, Yixing. You did wrong. You have to be a big boy and think about what you've done." Hearing his mother telling him off for no reason, The small white pup began to shake and cry, moving himself to the back of the box and laying down, absolutely distraught for being put there when he hadn't done anything.

"... I don't think it was him, my love..." Caught Tao's attention as he stared at the little, frail shaking body. He couldn't look away from Yixing and it was breaking his heart. Not once had he seen the little pup so upset before. "Love, think about it... Where are the others?" Sehun's question lingered in Tao's thoughts before he gasped and quickly lifted out the sobbing, mess of an innocent puppy, placing him down and him quickly.

"Umma is sorry, Yixing. I didn't know, I'm sorry." He repeated soothingly to the white pup and soon the pup rushed to his paws and burried his little face in the tiny amount of fur there. Meanwhile, The White Alpha began sniffing around for their other sons who were watching the scene with guilty conciences, almost letting out little pitiful whimpers for their brother but then remembering what would happen if they did.

"Boys, come out, I know you are there." Sehun Barked through the link, sending shivers through the puppies' as they had never heard their father's voice so strict before. Yifan quickly ran out when he heard because he thought that maybe he wouldn't be punished as strongly but the other two remained glued in their hiding places, shaking from fear a little bit. "Kyungsoo, Jongin... I will put your plushies in the Naughty box if you d-" He was cut of by the two suddenly dashing out and sitting next to the guilty looking Yifan. The white Alpha couldn't mask the corners of his lips twisting up into a soft smile as he looked at them. 

He glanced back at his mate to find that he had finally managed to calm the fluffy, white bundle of nerves down before turning back to the other three who were staring at Yixing guiltily. Sighing a little, he gave them a subtle signal to go to their brother which they caught straight away and went bounding to him, going as fast as their little limbs would carry them.

The three of them began nuzzling the white pup rapidly, earning a delited little squeak from Yixing. "S-S-Stop..." echoed through the link, both Tao and Sehun blinked while staring down at the pups. 

"Y-Yixing, baby.... did you just speak?" The pitch black wolf asked in surprise, spreading a proud smile across his face as the little pup nodded while giving his brothers a big slavery as punishment. He turned to his mate with teary eyes and the other returned it with a gentle nuzzle. 

"They are growing up so fast. Soon they will say umma and appa and after some more time they won't stop babbling to us about anything they have in mind." Sehun chuckled softly through their link and picked the three trouble makers up to set them by his feet so they wouldn't bother Yixing anymore.

"Too fast... Hunnie, I don't want them to grow up. They are so cute and adorable and I don't want them to get into puberty and hate their parents." Tao whined softly and only earned a soft laugh from his mate as well as a gentle nudge. 

His mate was just too cute somtimes and that's why Sehun loved him and their pups so much. "Don't exaggerate, you are worse than me. I don't want them to grow up either but they will and we can stop it and they won't hate us, even in puberty, because we are two amazing parents, you know?" He Tao's cheek lovingly.

Tao nodded and bent down to nuzzle the white pup gently who rolled onto his back to get the belly nuzzles he liked so much and yipped softly. Yixing was happy again but his three brothers were still feeling guitly. They wanted nuzzles and love too but they didn't dare to ask for anything just yet and just guiltily hid in their father's fur. 

 

"Jongin, Kyungsoo! Why can't you just be a little more like YiFan and Yixing?" Sehun was a little frustrated on this day. The pups were six months old now and their two youngest were real trouble makers while Yifan and Yixing were rather quiet, little angels. Only sometimes would YiFan join his younger siblings into a fight or do something stupid. 

Today Sehun had come home with some groceries, potatoes, flour and other stuff for him and Tao as well as fresh meat for the pups who had their baby teeth finally and could eat tiny slices of meat. YiFan was the hungriest of them all and never could wait until it was time for food. Well, back to the trouble maker pups, Sehun had just once not paid attention to them and left the door to the kitchen open to tell Tao he was back. A big mistake, because when he came back the two of them had ripped open the bag of flour meaning the floor and themselves were covered in powdery white. 

Sehun picked them up and carried them to the bathroom to bathe them despite their protests. Grooming seemed unfitting in this situation. The first time their sons had seen their parents in human form they had cried horrible. It had been almo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter