Chapter 1- A Big Surprise Of My Life.

I Fell In Love with a Genie [Indefinite Hiatus]

 

~

 

Yoona’s POV

 

“Yoong! Over here!” Nicole called to me and waved her arms in the air. “What?” I exclaimed, annoyed. It was a Saturday evening, both my best friend Nicole and I decided to go shopping in the newly opened shopping center. I frowned at her as she continued to gush over all the branded bags available and squeak as she passed by all the shops.

“Would you quit it, Nicole?” I snorted, before turning my gaze to a mysterious looking antique shop. It was a tiny shop, and it looked as if it was coated with a thick layer of dust. “Nicole, what’s that shop selling? Let’s check it out!” I gestured to her and entered the old looking shop.

The Cube. Strange name for a shop name. Oh well….

 

~

 

“Welcome to The Cube,” I gasped as I heard a sinister voice behind you. Shivering and brushing the imaginary goose bumps away, I scanned through the mass of products.

“Yoona-ah, come here! Look! I found something!” Nicole squealed and dragged me to a peculiar looking object. Oh no, not some handbag or something, she’d already bought five… I groaned inwardly but halted when I saw a glowing object. It was a rainbow-coloured stone, with minute size words engraved and carved onto the stone.

“May your wish come true…” I squinted at the words and then turned to Nicole.

“What does that mean?” She asked curiously.

“Beats me,” I shrugged before jumping again at the sudden familiar voice. “Well, it’s a rather special stone.  It’s full of magic.” The store owner’s eyes glinted as he replied. Magic? Does such thing even exist? I asked skeptically, “Are you sure?”

The mysterious guy paused then nodded. “Of course. Why don’t you buy it and see if it works?” Nicole shook her head and gave me an it-may-be-fake look. Ignoring the look of disbelief on her face, I took out some cash and replied nonchantly.

“I’ll buy it.”

 

~

 

When I got home, I immediately took out the stone. Inside the antique box, I found a set of instruction sheet attached to it.

 

Step 1: Hold the stone in your hand.

Step 2: Place your other hand on the top of stone.

Step 3: Lightly rub against the stone while closing your eyes. Wait for 3 seconds.

 

Okay, that is definitely weird. I followed the steps obediently. Now what? Opening my eyes, I found myself still staring into the blank white wall. “Arrghh…I just got cheated of my money!! It doesn’t work at all!” I yelled, frustrated, then sat down in a huff. Sighing, I then finally deciding to sleep since it was already late at night.

 

~

 

The next day I opened my eyes, then to find myself staring into someone’s eyes. I rubbed it, hoping that I was hallucinating, but realized the pair of eyes was staring back with the same intensity that I flinched a bit.

I blinked once.

Twice.

………….

……...

…….

….

..

“ARRHGHGHGHHH!!!!!!” I let out an ear-piecing scream before scrambling out of bed.  Why the hell was a boy doing inside my room???

Startled at my scream, he toppled backwards and fell on his bottom. “Ow…” The guy groaned while I hid under my blanket.

“W-who are y-you?” I stammered, and he stood up abruptly. Brushing off the dust on his pants, he grinned widely. “Who am I? I’m your genie, and you’re my master.”

“What nonsense? How did you even get into my room?” I shrieked before trying to get the pillow and whack him. He snatched the pillow from me then pouted. “Chill woman, don’t need to get all blotchy! You ask who I am; I said I’m a genie!” 

Staring at him in disbelief, my eyes narrowed while I glared at his rather smug face. He was handsome, with smooth features and muscular body. His face resembled a god, and his eyes seemed to glow in the dim-lit room.

“Why do you seem so frightened, Yoona-ah?”

“How do you know my name?” I gasped.

“Duh, well, obviously. All genies know their master’s name. And I’m sure you want to know what exactly happen?” He stated dully.

“I’m a genie; I come from a magical world of another realm. My sister, Tiffany, is the queen of genies. Remember this?” He points to the stone while I nodded slowly.

“Well, once you rub it, I come out.” He said matter-of-factly. I glowered at him suspiciously, with lots of questions still in your mind. “But… I thought genies come from a lamp?” I replied, slightly nonplussed.

“Ah, but we are a special type of genies. And instead of granting three wishes, we grant one.” He sat on the wooden chair. I nodded once again, finally trying to digest all the new information.

“So he grants wishes? My wishes? Wow….cool but, what wish to grant?” I muttered to myself, unaware that he could hear everything.

“I’ll stay here in the human world with you until you can find a suitable wish you want me to grant. But remember, be careful what you wish for,” He warned. I rolled your eyes at his comment.

“Puh-lease, I’m not five. Anyway, what’s your name?”

“What name?”

“Don’t all genies have name?”

“Oh…oh that, I’m Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun? I thought. What a weird name. “Hey, my name’s not strange!” Kyuhyun pouted, slightly offended. I stared at him in amazement. Did he just read my mind?

“No, I didn’t read your mind, your facial expression, figures.” He yawned before curling up on my bed. “I-I-I’m going to sleep, good night!” I shoved him off my bed before sticking out my tongue.

“No way are you sleeping here. Sleep in the couch. No, not outside! My parents are in the living room!” I hissed. But Kyuhyun smirked then stepped out.

“I’m invisible. They can’t see me. Only you, my master,”  Tch, whatever. Not my business.

 

~

 

"So what do you usually do on Sundays?" He smiled. "Me? I've to go to school," I frowned.

"School? Who goes to the school on Sundays?!"

"Extra classes."

"Oh."

I rolled my eyes then took my uniform. "Now, go out! I'm gonna change clothes." I instructed but he smirked. "Why can't I stay in the room- Ok ok, fine! Sheesh..." Kyuhyun raised his arms in defense as I growled at him. Grrr..... So much for having a genie. He then vanished in a puff of smoke, making me cough at the billowing cloud of dust.

Gritting my teeth, I slammed the door shut. I took out my clothes, but stopped when I heard someone said," Oooh, nice body."

"YAH KYUHYUN!!!!”

 

~

 

 

 

A/N: Hey :) Update the first chapter :) Thanks to those who subscribed and commented!!!!! I'm sorry is it's a very short update ><