two

Coffee Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum never did let Jonghyun know how that evening went when Minho took him to that club. He could only assume that it ended most likely in them spending the night together as that is what usually happens when Kibum forgets to call or text while he goes out. He usually always has things to say or pictures to send when he’s out on the town, but Jonghyun wasn’t mad or anything. As Kibum had predicted, the night was slow and he and Taemin mostly just nerded out over video games and ate some of the old biscuits they would have thrown out before the night ended.

The next few days started like any other; in the morning Jonghyun awoke and did his morning chores (simple, really), ate a minimal breakfast of eggs and a croissant and go to class. His shifts at work started at 4, and Kibum usually took care of the morning shift which honestly Jonghyun preferred because that meant he could kind of sleep in depending on if he had class or not. The blond did wonder if Kibum was going to keep his word though and hire someone new. Although business was steady enough that the two of them could manage (plus Taemin), they still did needed help in managing the register and having to go in the back and do minimal baking. Thankfully, their stream of customers were always patient and friendly and it helped that they did serve great coffee and service.

By the time 4pm rolled by, Jonghyun was already getting off the bus stop just across the street from the coffee shop when someone in front of him tripped right out of the bus. Jonghyun yelped and rushed to his aid, but the stranger stood up quickly and dusted his knees, laughing somewhat embarrassingly and speedwalked away. Frowning, Jonghyun straightened his posture and, coincidently, began walking in the same direction as the stranger who tripped off the bus. They both reached the crosswalk and in a matter of moments, began crossing the street. Wouldn’t it be funny if they were both headed to the coffee shop, Jonghyun wondered, still just a few steps behind the clumsy stranger, who almost tripped over the curb, but caught himself. Jonghyun could only imagine what this guy would look like in a work place, constantly falling all over himself. The man seemed like a hazard, the blond mused. He was a little shocked to find that the stranger was actually headed inside the coffee shop—strange, because he had never seen this stranger before.

The door chimed again when Jonghyun went inside and his eyes quickly sought out the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter