one

Coffee Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun didn’t hate his job, he just really did not want to be there 5 days out of the week. Instead, he preferred to be home sleeping or eating whatever remnants he had in his fridge (which was minimal), but school  tuition didn’t pay itself and he needed a job to help fund his college since sadly whatever his mother had saved up for him wasn’t enough to get through for four years. He was still thankful for whatever his mother had given him so maybe deep down he really didn’t mind working as long as it meant not stressing out his mother when it came to school bills. It was also another great thing that he knew the owner of the Coffee place he currently worked at so getting a job was ….easy enough. An interview with Kim Kibum was a job all in itself, especially when trying to save face and not laugh like a buffoon when you’re trying to get interviewed by your best friend, but thankfully Kibum was good and kind enough to give him the job despite the bad interview because he loved Jonghyun oh so much.

 

“Jjong, wake up, for the fifth time!”

 

Said person bolted out of his reverie and looked up from his job of wiping tables. “what?”

 

I told you, I need help cleaning the supply room, it’s a mess. I wonder who left it that way?” Kibum said, giving his friend a knowing look. Jonghyun shrugged. “It wasn’t me?”

 

Kibum gave an exasperated sigh before returning to his own job of cleaning out dishes in the small sink they had. It was just the two of them that worked at the Coffee shop so there was always a lot of things they had to do between the both of them. They had a third coworker, but do to certain circumstances, he had to quit and leave the town entirely. Jonghyun was constantly asking Kibum to hire a new person, but apparently it wasn’t that easy and that he needed to talk to the actual manager who was always away on cruises or whatnot. Apparently way too busy having fun in his personal life to bother with silly things regarding his own coffee shop he opened, which he kind of just dropped onto kibum to help manage since he was one of the first workers he hired the day it opened about two years ago. Jonghyun managed to snatch this job up about 3 months ago so despite Kibum being younger than him, he was the boss for now.

 

“Hey, you know how it’s kind of usually slow during the evenings, right?” Kibum started, leaning across the counter after he finished up his dish washing and serving a customer.
 

“ehm, yeah?”
 

“well, there’s this place that Minho wanted to take me to tonight…like a club. He said the music is great and that he figured I’d enjoy it, sooo…..”
 

There was an inflated silence.
 

“Oh NO, Key. Not again!!! You always leave me alone in the evenings!!! This isn’t fair!” with added anger, he tossed his dirty cleaning rag onto the table.
 

“yah! Keep it down!” Kibum said, exasperated. “I’ve only left you alone like, what, 3 times?” Jonghyun snorted. “ Yeah, 3 times a week. “

Kibum rolled his eyes and smiled at the next customer that came through the door before shooting a glare at his best friend. “we’ll talk about this later,” he shot back before continuing to serve the customer that stood patiently waiting.

 

It wasn’t until it reached 6pm that their usual crowd of customers dwindled and it became easy enough for one worker to actually be able to handle a shop by himself…Which was basically what Kibum was asking of Jonghyun once again.


“Where do you two even actually go that you just leave me alone!” Jonghyun whined, slumping down in his seat at a table he just cleaned. Kibum had changed into a completely different outfit, now currently tossing his apron into his bag. “please, hyung, I’ve told you, Minho wants to take me to a club to check it out.”
 

The shorter blond made a face and crossed his arms. “What`s so fun about that anyway? Just stand there and –“
 

He was soon interrupted by the door chiming open and in walked Kibum’s boyfriend, Minho. Jonghyun had to admit, minho was a nice catch. He was tall, legs that seemed to go on forever, a handsome boyish face and was, well, an alpha. He gave off this air or superiority that Jonghyun and any other omega couldn’t help but be attracted to. But, thankfully, that attraction for him didn’t mean romantically or else kibum would have his head. Minho had frog eyes anyway.
 

“Hey,” Minho greeted easily. Jonghyun gave a weak smile in return. “Wanna add to the re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter