Last Farewell

Last Farewell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to send you to the dorm, Jiyong?” the manager asked.

 

They were just finished with Seungri’s funeral. They had brought back Seungri’s body to Seoul and his parent want him to be buried in Gwangju, where all the dream has started.

 

It was very gloomy, the ceremony. Each of those present to the funeral were saddened by the death of Seungri. His parents cannot hold their tears and always been coaxed by their only child left, Lee Hanna and also Jiyong’s parent, who were sitting behind them, giving comfort words and encouragement. They couldn’t hold their cries when been asked to give their last word to their beloved son. Yang Hyunsuk, as the ‘papa’ for the members took over the spot.

 

“Seungri.. he is amazing. He lifted up the name given to him. Among the many artists YG had come out with, no one can match his strength, his passion and also his confidence in himself. He is my favorite. But, we do have that love-hate relationship with each other.”

 

“He is mischievous. And very naughty!”

 

Yang Hyunsuk’s statement brought a little laughter to the audience. Then he continue again...

 

“But that mischievousness of him makes me miss him even more...” the president cried. He then excused himself as he couldn’t continue with the speech anymore. It surprised so many people there that the president can be this weak in dealing with the death of Seungri.

 

-----------------------

 

“Some people here might not know me. I am just a technician staff in YG Ent, not related to the entertainment site at all. But, one night, after that scandal happened to Seungri, while I was fixing some wiring for the building, he came to me. He said that he is sad and need accompany. Seungri stayed with me the whole night while I was doing my work. We talked, we laughed and we shared our problem. Then he treated me to dinner, said that people like me helps YG to grow,” the man talked, as he came to the front, wanting to give a speech too. 

 

“I thought he would never recognize me again. Thought we talked before just to fill his time. But no, Seungri never forget on people. I had told him that my daughter is sick and he helps me. He gave me financial and moral supports throughout the whole thing. Seungri neun.. he is the savior for my family. I would never forget him. Thank you, Seungri. May you rest in peace surrounded by the angels of God,”

 

 

“But hyung, no one will be there,” Daesung said.

 

They had discussed. They need to take a time off from their schedule. Time to heal from their current wound. And they need to think of how to move on when now Bigbang had left with only four members. Forever.

 

“I know..” Jiyong spoke, in a very small voice.

 

“Then why you want to go back there, Ji? There’s nothing there anymore!” Youngbae said, desperately.

 

He didn’t want Jiyong to do this. To keep searching for Seungri’s present. Seungri’s trace. Jiyong had been quiet since the day Seungri’s left them. At night, Jiyong keep on screaming and crying in his sleep, keep calling for their maknae. It is achingly hurt to see his best friend torturing himself like this. He knew it is too new to talk about forgetting, but it is too painful for them to accept too.

 

“My memories with him... It still there...”

 

And they knew they can’t do anything anymore.

 

-----------------------

 

“There were so many time where he act like he is the eldest of us all. One time when I was having a hard time, he came to me. He cooked for me, though his cooking is …” Daesung laughed with a single tears falling down his face.

 

“He makes me laughed. Makes me remembered all the good things that happened in my life...”

 

“He had once said this to me, ‘don’t let your problem loses the smile on your face. People lived to see you smile. I live to see you smile, hyung. Every single day. So don’t ever let that disappear.’ ” Daesung smiled, reminiscing the memories he had with Seungri.

 

“I’m gonna miss him, my strong dongsaeng. My one and only dongsaeng. And now... He’s gone…” Daesung cracked, looked away as the tears won’t stop falling down his face. He covered his face, trying so hard to control his sobs.

 

“Seunghyunie... till we meet again. Rest now, dongsaeng ah. I am gonna miss you,”

 

The other members didn’t want to give the speech. The managing ceremony people insisted on having Jiyong to the front, to give Seungri his last farewell, saying that he is the leader of the team he should say something. But Seunghyun stopped them to come near Jiyong, knowing too well that Jiyong don’t have any capability to stand, more over to speak a speech. He had been sitting there quietly with half of his face covered with hair and sunglasses. Jiyong didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter