final

Dear Mr. Rescuer

"Baekhyun, don’t swim too far! Come back!”

Baekhyun did nevertheless. He was a good boy at the age of eight, listening to every of his mothers commands. But when it came to swimming somewhere, he just couldn’t listen to her and did as he pleased. Whenever it came to swimming, he was a bad boy in the eyes of his mother and just swimming a few meters farther away from his mother than she allowed made her alarm senses to start ringing in her head and call him back in panic. Sometimes he thought if his mother wasn’t just a little exaggerating. And well, she was, according to his father with whom he always made fun of her whenever she wasn’t paying attention.

She was always caring so that nothing would ever happen to her Baekhyun.

Now, he didn’t listen to her.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

But eventually, it was predestined that someday, something must happen to him.

 

Baekhyun got water in his lungs and immediately started coughing hardly, reaching for his throat with his short fingers. Because he swam too far, he had reached the part of the pool where it was incredibly deep and he couldn’t just stand on the ground. He stopped swimming and lost track of what was happening as the waves caused by his arms slapping on the water in panic closed over his eyesight and he went under water, losing consciousness a few seconds later.

The last thing his sight caught was a tall male jumping quickly but still in an elegant way in the water and swimming in his direction.

 

When he gained back consciousness, he realized someone was pressing down on his chest in a steady rhythm. He heard whispers along with loud cries and he frowned slightly. Confused, he wanted to open his eyes when someone pinched his nose so that he couldn’t breathe and a hand grabbed his chin to part his lips. Something warm and comforting laid over his mouth and his eyes shot open when warm air was blown in his mouth, immediately seeing a few strands of honey colored hair in front of his eyes. He realized someone was kissing him.

He stared in large widened eyes, seeing it was a male who had his mouth on his. Baekhyun felt the urge to cough and he did so, getting accompanied by the large hand that was patting his back. Tears grew in his eyes and there was the need to be held by someone and when he was finished coughing, he circled his arms around the rather handsome males neck in front of him and squeezed him as tightly as possible.

Baekhyuns mother disturbed his moment of bliss with the handsome male who saved his life. He felt really comfortable with the other boy and he liked the warmth his tall body radiated. He was even happier when strong arms were returning the tight hug he gave away. He instantly felt a safeness that his mother couldn’t make him feel.

 

His mother forced him to write a letter to the ‘nice man who rescued him’ since he was too shy to talk to him. It happened not even a week later when he finally gained the courage to start writing, feeling obliged to do so.

 

Dear Mr. Rescuer,

I feel incredibly pleased that you gave me the honor of saving my life. I’m sorry that I can’t tell you in person how happy I am but I’m too shy and the fact that I got to meet a handsome boy as you makes me even happier that I didn’t die. My mommy forced me to write you a letter, so please don’t show if you are uncomfortable with it and just burn it when she’s not looking.

Thanks again.

And also thanks for stealing my first kiss before a nasty girl could do it. I prefer a handsome boy like you.

Greetings, Baekhyun

 

Well, the gaze the handsome boy was wearing when he read the letter told Baekhyun that his choice of words may have been a little too blatant but his mind changed quickly when the boy chuckled blissfully and Baekhyun immediately grew fond of the way his plush lips stretched into a wide grin revealing pearly white teeth and his eyes sparkled while he was emitting a series of cute but loud noises for the other people to hear. They looked up from their places to see what made the pool attendant laugh as ridiculously as he did but Baekhyun found it cute, he liked his laughter.

Baekhyuns mother stood closely behind him and had a hand on his shoulder and he felt the urge to shrug her hand off, feeling embarrassed in front of the handsome boy who had stolen his heart the second he saw him for the first time.

The tall guy gazed in Baekhyuns direction and flashed a toothy grin at him, waving his hand shortly before turning his attention back to the pool. However, Baekhyun still stared at him, observing every movement of his. When Chanyeol gazed back at Baekhyun, he saw him still staring and Baekhyun was too blatant to look away in embarrassment, instead, his cheeks heated up and he turned a brilliant red but continued staring. Chanyeol smiled softly and got up from his seat to walk over to Baekhyun, leaning down to him.

Fortunately, his mother had left to talk to his father about something.

“I’m happy that you’re alive, too. I’ve had my eyes on you and luckily, I was fast enough to rescue you. Will you come here again?” a deep voice asked Baekhyun and the young boy felt himself heat up even more while he nodded shyly.

“Wonderful!” he smiled and ruffled Baekhyuns hair, “I have to leave now, please take care of yourself and I expect you to come back here.” He cheered and waved shortly before returning to his seat.

This was the best day of Baekhyuns life, well, with the day the pool attendant had saved him.

 

From that day on, Baekhyun was at the pool every day. He spent his whole pocket money on entrance fees and nothing else beside that. Whenever something was left over, he saved it in his piggy bank.

He just sat there, observing Chanyeol, the boys name which he picked up in a conversation he once overheard by chance, for the time being. When school was finished, he would go to the pool and occupy some lounger close but not too close to the pool attendant. He did his homework and he studied, occasionally throwing a glance at Chanyeol who not-so-accidentally gazed at him, too. They always missed each others stares though. He never left his lounger to take a swim in the pool.

Baekhyun gasped nervously upon finding Chanyeol approaching him one day during summer holidays, he was sixteen and puberty was confusing him, his heart was crazily beating inside his chest and he deemed it upon the heat of the burning sun even though he had an umbrella above him, shielding his precious milky skin from the sun. They never shared much more as a friendly smile or a short wave as a greeting and a goodbye and Baekhyun felt nervousness creeping up his spine. Chanyeol smiled as he came to a halt in front of the younger, making Baekhyun blink in confusion and gazing up from his books at him shyly.

“Why do you never go inside the pool, Baekhyun?” he asked curiously. Baekhyun felt his face heating up, Chanyeol still knew his name.

“I-I don’t know” he pressed out, embarrassed, because he knew why he never went inside the water again. He was afraid of it.

“What a shame… I’d love to swim with you when the pool closes and nobody’s there anymore. Won’t you like that? It’ll be all quiet and empty.”

Baekhyun tried to swallow the lump he had in his throat but it just didn’t want to go away.

He was afraid of the water.

He nodded shyly, agreeing to Chanyeols offer but not planning to stay at the pool longer than normally. His mother wasn’t fond of the idea that he spent all his money for the pool and only came home after six in the evening but Baekhyun didn’t care. He did what he wanted and that was staying close to Chanyeol who fascinated him so much. Still, he wasn’t planning to stay longer than usually.

Chanyeol smiled warmly and combed his fingers through Baekhyuns hair once, hand resting a little longer than usual against the back of his head. Baekhyun asked himself what the usual was that walked around through his brain. Was there even a usual? Then he turned around and went back to his place, observing the people in the water.

The end of the day arrived pretty fast, faster than Baekhyun wanted it to arrive but what could he do? He packed his things back in his backpack and rushed out of there along with other people before Chanyeol could catch a sight of him. He did, though, and he sighed sadly, turning his attention back to the pool to distract himself from his rambling thoughts that Baekhyun maybe didn’t like him.

 

Baekhyun felt bad for leaving the day before without saying anything and he hoped Chanyeol wouldn’t be too mad at him. He sighed when he paid the entrance fees and headed to a lounger, sinking down on it and falling asleep instantly, having spent the night awake because he felt so bad for leaving without another word. He forgot to open his umbrella though and when Chanyeol finally turned his gaze to his lounger, Baekhyun always occupied the same one, he saw his usually beautiful milky white skin colored a vibrant red. He jumped from his seat and hurried to the young boy, taking in the state of his burned arms peeking out of the t-shirt he wore. Luckily, there is a tree hat shielded at least his face. Bending down, he wrapped his arms under his knees and his back and lifted the light boy in his arms, carrying him inside the nearby building and laying him down on a lounger inside. Since it was summer, nobody was inside the indoors pool and he had the whole hall for himself and Baekhyun only. He the bangs out of Baekhyuns face, careful not to wake him up and examined his soft features before he left the boy sleeping there.

When Baekhyun awoke, he blinked and gazed around the room he was in, realizing it was the indoors pool. He sat up, confused to why he was indoors, remembering that he fell asleep outside. Raising a hand to rub his forehead, he groaned in pain when his fingers collided with the still heated skin. He then realized that his arms wore a vibrant shade of red and he gasped, getting up from the lounger slowly.

He found the sun setting already when he left the building and nobody was left anymore. He was alone. Afraid of being alone, he shyly took a few steps forward and saw his lounger, all his things were still laying there. Did they forget him? Did Chanyeol maybe lock him inside as revenge? When he caught no sight of Chanyeol or just anybody, he sighed softly and scurried to his things to gather them along with his backpack.

An arm was wrapped around his waist and he squealed in shock, staying still and letting the towel fall to the ground. He whimpered in fright, trying to not move any muscle.

“Why did you run away yesterday?” a deep voice whispered in his ear from behind and he tensed up more but at the same time relaxed because it was Chanyeol who held him tightly.

“L-Let me go” he whispered.

“I won’t until you answer my question.”

Baekhyun hesitated to tell Chanyeol the reason why he left earlier. He wanted him to let go but strangely, he didn’t feel uncomfortable. Instead, he really liked the elders arms locked tightly around his waist.

“Will you tell me now?”

Baekhyun still hesitated, feeling embarrassed with his reason.

A sudden movement made him gasp in shock and he was lifted off the ground. Chanyeol came to a halt in front of the pool and Baekhyun had eye contact with the wide rectangular hole in the ground that was entirely filled with water. His eyes widened.

“I’m gonna drop you inside if you won’t tell me.”

He gasped again and struggled, soft cries leaving his lips as he tried to get Chanyeol away from the pool. His arms struggled to find something to hold onto and he slightly turned around in the elders strong grip, enough to throw his arms around his neck and bury his face in the others shoulder, weeping softly in need to get away from the water. Chanyeol seemed to understand him and he took a few steps back, away from the pool, carrying Baekhyun in his arms and dropping down on an empty seat with the boy in his arms. Drawing circles in the youngers back, he tried to soothe him what he managed eventually.

Baekhyun pulled away and gazed at him with puffy eyes, tear stains covering his cheeks.

“Baekhyun, I-I didn’t know, I’m really sorry.” He tried to apologize and Baekhyun just stared at him and his lost expression as he was struggling to find the right words to apologize. A warm smile spread across his lips seeing his confused ramblings and he cupped the elders cheeks, drawing his attention towards him.

“It’s alright. Just don’t do it again, please.” He asserted and let go of Chanyeols face. He kinda liked their position in which they were at the moment but he didn’t day something.

“I-I’m really sorry.”

“I told you, it’s okay.” Baekhyun giggled.

Chanyeol withdrew his arms from his back and settled them against his waist, holding him securely when he gazed in Baekhyuns eyes.

“Tell me, why did you react that way?”

Baekhyun hesitated again, feeling embarrassed to tell the elder his fear. Heat rushed over his face and he gazed down sadly.

“Hey, Baekhyun. Please tell me.” his eyes were earnestly gazing in Baekhyuns and he just couldn’t hold back any longer.

“Chanyeol, promise me you won’t laugh.” He whispered.

“I won’t. I promise.”

“Umm… Since that day… the day you rescued me… I have aqua phobia, I’m afraid of water… I mean, a shower is okay but I can’t go inside a pool… That’s also why I left earlier yesterday. And why I struggled when you wanted to drop me in the pool.” He said, shame evident in his voice and his gaze locked away to the ground.

“So you are afraid of water… Let me help you to loose that fear, okay? Then I’ll be your Mr. Rescuer in total.” He grinned at the last part and Baekhyun blushed, hitting Chanyeols chest.

“How would you want to start?” he asked unsurely, tilting his head to the side slightly.

“Well, you could stay here longer since you are here every day. And then I can take you into the pool. Over the stairs. And every day we’ll take a step farther into the water. How does that sound?” he smiled softly and Baekhyun was just really happy.

“I-I’d really love that, Chanyeol. Actually, I tried getting in the pool before whenever you weren’t watching but… I was just too afraid and before I could even dip a toe inside I already went back to my place and wrapped in my towel, studying in frustration of my own fear. I’d really love some help.” He answered earnestly.

“Well then, since you like men better than women I guess you’d like a handsome boy like me to get you in the water, right?” he smirked and Baekhyun gasped.

“Y-You remember?!” he exclaimed, hiding his face in his hands.

“Sure. I really like you and I was really happy that I got a letter from you as a thank you because every time I had to rescue someone, there was most of the time not even a thank you as a return for my favor. Really, thank you for that letter. I’ll never forget that.”

Baekhyun smiled softly and caressed the elders soft locks, feeling free during their first real talk.

“Shall we get inside the pool, then?” Chanyeol smirked and lifted Baekhyun from his lap, guiding him to the pool. Baekhyun hesitated when he was close to it and stopped, pulling Chanyeol back slightly.

“Don’t be afraid, Baekhyun. I’m here with you, okay? I won’t do anything to you. How useless would that be, first rescuing you and then drowning you?” he laughed and intertwined their fingers, pulling Baekhyun closer slowly.

He gave in and followed Chanyeol to the broad stairs that lead inside the pool. His heart started to beat faster and his body turned hotter, feeling sweat against his forehead when Chanyeol grabbed his other hand, too and pulled softly. He took a few steps back, standing on the second step from the top, water pooling around his calves. Baekhyun gulped when his toes came in contact with the water and he wanted to pull away and run back to his seat. He gazed up at Chanyeol who grinned at him cheerfully and he bit his lip.

For Chanyeol.

He placed his feet on the first step in the water, feeling water enclosing his ankles. He whimpered and grabbed Chanyeols fingers in between his own tighter, not wanting him to let go.

“That’s good, Baekkie. Do you want one more?” the elder cooed and gazed inside Baekhyuns chocolate eyes.

“I-I’m afraid…”

“It’s okay, you don’t need to go deeper inside. We can do that another-“

“But I want to.” Baekhyun interrupted him.

“Are you sure?”

“I really want to but… I’m afraid I’ll fall…” he whispered.

“I’m here to catch you if you fall.” Chanyeol assured and made sure Baekhyuns hands were securely in his own before he took a step backwards and pulled Baekhyun further inside, one step farther down. Baekhyun felt his calves getting wet and he shivered, staring inside Chanyeols eyes who threw him a reassuring gaze.

“See, you didn’t fall.” He smiled, “I’m proud of you.”

Baekhyun stared. Nobody has ever been proud of him and he felt warm inside, smiling softly when he took another step in the water and hugged Chanyeol closely. Chanyeol seemed startled but nevertheless reciprocated the hug, holding Baekhyun in his arms with a soft smile.

The younger rested his head on Chanyeols shoulder and closed his eyes, listening to his breathing and enjoying the elders soft caresses at his back.

When the time came, Baekhyun let go and pulled Chanyeol out of the water.

“I’m sorry but I have to leave now. My mother will scold me when I get home too late. I bet she’s already sent out the police to search for me.” He sighed and gathered his things together.

“Okay, Baekhyun. Will you come back tomorrow?” there was some kind of sadness in his expression and hope in his voice.

“Do you think I won’t come back? After all the years I spend all my days here?” Baekhyun giggled and patted the elders head, “Surely I’ll come back.”

Chanyeol smiled brightly and accompanied the younger to the exit, stopping in front of it.

“Well, see you tomorrow then.”

“Won’t you leave, too?”

“I still have to clean up here a little.”

“Ohh…”

“Baekhyun?”

“Yes?”

“Make sure you rub your arms with some cream.”

Baekhyun blushed and despite the darkness, Chanyeol could see it. He grinned and ruffled Baekhyuns hair before turning around to walk back inside the building.

“See you.” He waved and left.

 

“Where have you been?”

There it was. The scolding face of his over protective mother.

“At the pool, where else?”

“Why do you even still go there?”

“Because I like it there.”

“But you are afraid of water? Where’s the meaning in spending your money at the pool and not even going in the water?”

“Mom, I told you to let me alone with that.”

“My son! Don’t you dare talk to me like that! I endured it long enough that you go there! And if you won’t stop wasting all your money for this useless pool, I promise you, I am not going to give you money ever again!”

“Mom?! You can’t do that!”

“Sure I can!”

“I hate you!” he yelled and ran away, locking the door of his room behind his back. He wanted to cry because he’ll maybe not be able to come back to the pool and see Chanyeol again. He wanted to crash all the things around him, out of frustration. He sniffled softly and fell on his bed, closing his eyes before falling asleep, his dreams containing a smiling Chanyeol like always but now, he finally had a close-up of the elders soft smile in mind.

 

 

“You don’t need to get into the pool again, if you don’t feel like it.” Chanyeol said, glancing at Baekhyun who was moodily sitting on the lounger and playing with his fingers. Chanyeol knew something has happened but he didn’t want to ask, waiting for Baekhyun to talk to him instead. Baekhyun kept mum, staring far away.

“Maybe I’ll never come back again.” He said and Chanyeol gaped at him.

“Why?”

My mother doesn’t appreciate that I spend all my money here without even going inside the pool. She said she’s going to not give me money again if I don’t stop coming here.”

“Is she still this overprotective of you?”

“Yeah. She doesn’t want me to go anywhere. I can’t even leave with my friends unless she knows where we go to or what we are doing in every detail. And when she finally allows it, she calls me at least every hour and asks what we are doing. My father thinks she’s overreacting, too. Sometimes he tries to talk to her and stop her but she almost never does.” He said sadly.

“Wow.”

“I don’t want to stop coming here. I’ve been here almost all my life and it’s not even wasted time because I study and do all my homework here. I don’t understand why she behaves like this. I want to keep coming here.”

“And why do you want that?” Chanyeols voice was deep and promising and Baekhyun swallowed, trying to find the reason.

“B-Because you saved my life.”

“Aww that’s not a reason.” Chanyeol scolded with a grin.

“I like it here. The atmosphere is wonderful and here happens to be a handsome boy.” He blushed and his gaze dropped to the ground.

“And who is that boy?”

“I thought you knew that.” Baekhyun was embarrassed.

“Sure I know that. But I want to hear it from you.”

“Where’s the sense in this?”

“Tell me.”

“It’s you.” He whispered, looking in the other direction where Chanyeol was not in his way.

“See, that wasn’t that hard, was it?” he cooed, wrapping an arm around Baekhyuns waist. Baekhyun flinched, startled but nevertheless leaned against the elder male hesitantly.

“I think you are pretty. Very pretty. Prettier than any girl I’ve ever met.” Chanyeol whispered next to Baekhyuns ear who shuddered slightly.

“I’ve had my eyes on you since the day I fished you out of the pool. You never left my mind since then.” He whispered deeply, pulling Baekhyun closer to himself.

Baekhyun smiled softly and gazed in the elders eyes, feeling comfortable in his arms.

“I think you’re more handsome than every boy I’ve ever seen.” He exhaled and wrapped his arms around Chanyeols neck, “I want to get inside the pool. I want to get inside and lose my fear so that I can tell her that there is indeed a reason to why I have always been here.”

“As you wish.” Chanyeol said and raised from the lounger with Baekhyun in his arms, walking them to the pool, “How far do you want to go inside?”

“As far as possible. Take me inside all the way.”

Chanyeol nodded and took the first steps inside until he was inside to the point that Baekhyuns calves were in.

“Do you want to stand?”

“I want to try…”

Chanyeol let him down slowly, seeing Baekhyun standing in front of him a little over his hips in the water. Baekhyun whimpered and grabbed Chanyeols fingers in between his own.

“You’ll do it. You are strong, Baekhyun.” He pulled the younger with him further in the water.

Baekhyun clung to his hands like a baby but he didn’t stop Chanyeol from pulling him until he was in the water to his chest.

“Stop, please.” He whispered and Chanyeol stopped, smiling softly at Baekhyun.

“You made it very far. I’m really proud of you.”

“I don’t understand this…”

“What?”

Whenever my mother or father tried to get me into the water it couldn’t work. I was always crying and begging them to stop. And someday, they stopped trying.”

“Maybe it’s something you can’t do with a relative. Maybe you need someone special or someone else who’s not in your circle of friends.” Chanyeol suggested.

“Then are you someone special?” he asked confused, making Chanyeol blush a little.

“Maybe?”

Baekhyun saw in his eyes and he noticed the very tiny space left between them. Chanyeol moved closer and Baekhyun felt soft and long fingers at his hip, feeling them caress the spot beneath his t-shirt tenderly. Chanyeols fingers were so beautiful and gentle. As were his eyes and his lips and suddenly, he felt himself drawn closer and he closed his eyes, some kind of knowing what was going to happen. He expected it eagerly and he couldn’t wait any longer to feel those wonderful soft looking lips against his own.

Something startled him. He felt water running down his forehead and then he was drenched in water, his eyes closed and his hands moving to cover his face in a shielding motion in fear of more water. He whimpered and took a step back, almost tripping if there hadn’t been the large hands that grabbed for him and pulled him up to stand again. He scoffed when Chanyeol gazed at him worriedly and he turned around to leave the pool but someone grabbed him by the waist and threw him away from the stairs, where his feet could barely touch the ground fully and only his head was outside the water. He gasped in shock, trying to get up from the ground and holding himself anywhere but somehow he forgot how to swim and his arms slapped the water in need to find something to hold on or to get away from there. He gasped and cried in fear something could happen.

Something similar to what happened eight years ago.

Someone grabbed his waist and pulled him away from there, he circled his arms around whoever it was and clung to him tightly, not stopping to cry until he had safe ground under his feet. He felt someone rocking him slightly and he buried his face in that someones wet neck to inhale the familiar scent of Chanyeol what made him wail only harder, knowing that the elder had saved him for the second time in his life.

Slowly, he calmed down and withdrew his arms from Chanyeols neck who was gazing at him apologetically.

“I’m sorry this had to happen.” He pouted and Baekhyun wasn’t mad anymore.

“You stupid . Nobody does that to strangers!” Baekhyun gazed at him confusedly but quickly realized the elders eyes were focused on some being behind him and he slowly turned his head around and saw a tanned male there, smirking evilly.

“You were about to kiss, then someone has to stop you to safe your lips.” The guy guffawed and gazed at them, “You sure decided for a female one. How old is that kid? Thirteen?” he continued laughing and Baekhyun felt the rising anger and rage in Chanyeol but there was a blush on his face.

“Yah! He’s sixteen, !” Chanyeol yelled and hugged Baekhyuns waist tightly. The younger giggled a little and gazed at the new guy.

“Did you throw me in the water?”

“Yeah.”

“That was not necessary, Kai. He’s still learning, .” Chanyeol scoffed.

“Learning what? How to swim?” he guffawed again and both Chanyeols and Baekhyuns gaze got stern and stoic and there was no hiding that Kai infuriated Chanyeol.

The elder almost burst in anger and Baekhyun cupped his cheeks, holding his face and smiling softly.

“It’s okay, he doesn’t know, does he?”

Chanyeol calmed down and nodded after a few seconds.

“Right, he doesn’t know.”

“What do I not know?”

“Is it okay if I tell him?” Chanyeol asked carefully and Baekhyun smiled while he nodded and let the elders face go.

“He’s afraid of water.”

Kai stared at them and his gazed dropped shortly after.

“I’m sorry that I threw you in the water, I didn’t know…” He apologized regretfully.

“It’s okay, Kai.” Baekhyun assured.

“No, I’m really sorry, Baekhyun.”

“Huh? Where do you know my name from?”

Chanyeols face went scarlet red and Kai stared, laughing when he saw how mad Chanyeol blushed.

“He’s talking about you, a lot.” He chuckled and Baekhyun blushed, looking at Chanyeols red face stunned.

“Gaah, you ! I promise you, you will regret this!” he yelled but Baekhyun held him back from standing up and running after Kai, leaning against his body with a grin stretched across his face.

“It’s okay, Chanyeol.” He assured and smiled.

“Well then, nice to meet you. My name is Jongin but Chanyeol calls me Kai. We’re best friends.” Kai introduced friendly and reached a hand out for Baekhyun to shake. The younger stood up from Chanyeol, missing the pout of the taller and locked hands with Kai.

“Nice to meet you, too. My name is Baekhyun.”

“So, you’re sixteen?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you think it’s smart to hang around Chanyeol?”

“Kai?!”

“What do you mean?”

“He’s twenty five.”

Baekhyuns eyes widened a little and then he shook his head slowly.

“I don’t care. Age doesn’t matter if two people like each other, right? I mean, if he was, like, seventy, I wouldn’t but twenty five is okay.” He smiled and thought he heard a relieved sigh from behind him.

“Aww, ‘when two people like each other’” Kai imitated with a teasing voice and a smirk and Baekhyun blushed, “So you admit that you like Chanyeol.” He grinned.

“Well, I told him, eight years ago, that he is the most handsome boy. And that won’t change.” He smiled.

“Baekhyun, are you serious?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief and Baekhyun blushed, having forgotten that Chanyeol was there.

Baekhyun nodded.

“I’ve had my eyes on you, do you remember?”

Baekhyun nodded again.

“And I still have.” He smiled and Baekhyun gazed inside his eyes. They would have kissed if Kai wasn’t standing there and Baekhyuns phone wouldn’t ring at that very second to disturb their little moment.

The youngest sighed and walked away from Kai and Chanyeol, heading for his phone and accepting the caller, knowing who it was already.

“Baekhyun?!”

“Hello, mom.”

“When are you coming home?! We’re waiting for you to come home to eat!”

Baekhyun checked the time.

“Mom, it’s only seven. We’re normally eating half past seven and until then I’m always there. I can’t know that you want to eat earlier.”

“Well, from today on, we’re eating at six. So get used to it. Come home now!”

“But mom!”

“No arguing! You’re coming home, now!”

Baekhyun ended the call and gritted his teeth in frustration, slamming his phone on the ground in growing rage. He wanted to cry, he wanted to scream, beat everything up around him because his mother was a about him and his passion. He wanted to cry and sank down to the ground, kneeling in the grass and burying his face in his hands.

Chanyeol approached him and kneeled down next to him, rubbing gentle calming circles in his back.

“Hey Baekkie, it’s alright. We’ll find a way to teach you swimming again, baby. Don’t be upset. Mothers are always not understanding.” He cooed and hugged Baekhyun who had started to sob softly.

“Has you mother ever been this unfair? Trying to get you away from places you love?”

“Yes. My mother was pissed when I told her I wanted to continue working here. You know, originally, it was just a holiday business. I wanted to earn some money and came here as a pool attendant. But then I rescued you out of the water and you wouldn’t leave my mind even for a second and I was asked to continue working here. I agreed because here was the only place I was able to see you, so I was kinda happy about the job they offered me. My mother didn’t want that, thinking I wouldn’t pass high school if I would hang around here so much but I made it and now she’s silent about it.”

Baekhyun smiled and stopped sobbing during his talk and he leaned his head on Chanyeols shoulder, closing his eyes for a moment.

They were interrupted by someone clearing his throat behind them and Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“Can’t you just be silent one time, Kai?” he sighed and turned around to glare at his friend who grinned and walked past them.

“Well, if you two lovebirds are finished there, I suggest that we all leave now because, Chanyeol, you promised me to play this new game you bought and Baekhyun, you need to go home if I remember? I think you should stay strong and not give in to your mother because that’s exactly what she wants, that you give in and that you’re doing what she wants.” He smiled and left the place.

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun up and left the place with him, too.

“So, that was our last time having fun in the water here.” Baekhyun sighed and clenched his fists. “I don’t want to stop having fun with you.”

“Don’t cry again, you hear me? Be a good boy. We’ll see each other again, right?”

Baekhyun nodded and gazed up in the tallers eyes.

“See you tomorrow, then.” He whispered and turned to leave but before he could, Chanyeol grabbed his fingers and kissed his cheek softly. Baekhyuns eyes widened and he saw the red color tinting the elders cheeks. He giggled and waved a little before leaving.

 

“Where have you been?”

Baekhyun sighed.

“At the pool.”

“It closes at six, so tell me the truth.”

“At the pool, mom.”

“Don’t lie to your mother! I know you’re having suspicious friends. I bet you meet them to drink alcohol and take drugs, am I right?!”

Baekhyun stared at her in disbelief, and so did his father who was sitting at the table and listened silently as always.

“Do you really think so low of me and my friends?” he asked, hurt that she had such a bad image of her own son.

“Admit it! I bet you’re even hanging around s and this cheap stuff!”

“Now you crossed the line!”

Baekhyun gazed at his father in disbelief, his father was always quiet and never had an outburst like this before. His mother gazed equally shocked and his father glared at her.

“Don’t you think, you’re exaggerating now?! Look at him, he doesn’t look like he would drink alcohol and take drugs! Hell, you’re even too blind to realize that your own son is gay! Look at him, does he look like he would sleep with s?! He’s sixteen for gods sake! Maybe you would get to know what his reason for staying away this long is, if you finally let him talk and speak on his own! You always forbade him almost everything, I’m impressed that he even has friends with a mother like you! Don’t get me wrong, I like you but I like Baekhyun too, he is our son and I won’t endure it any longer that you behave like this. Get your things together and think about what you’re doing to him.”

Silence filled the kitchen as Baekhyun and his mother both stared at him in utter shock, he’s never talked this much at once. A few seconds later, his mother raised her voice.

“B-Baekhyun is… gay?”

Baekhyun wanted to run away and hide in his room, he was about to turn away but his father blocked the way out.

“You’re not leaving. It’s okay. Let us talk, okay?” he smiled and Baekhyun hesitated, embarrassed that he was going to talk about his uality with his parents.

He sat down again, head hung low and staring in his lap.

“Baekhyun, please tell us what you are doing after school.” His father encouraged him friendly and after hesitating for a long time, he started to talk.

“I-It stared when I was e-eight and almost drowned i-in that pool. You know, since then I spent my time there after school… A-And I’m still going there after school and I’m doing nothing else.”

“That can’t be it. I’ve seen how happy you are lately. I’ve noticed your smile when you came home earlier.”

Baekhyun gulped. Should he tell his parents about Chanyeol? He wasn’t sure if his mother would allow it and even if his father revealed this side of him, he couldn’t be sure if he would appreciate it.

“I’m curious who makes you happy, Baekhyun.” His father smiled and Baekhyun sighed in defeat.

“It’s the pool attendant. He wouldn’t leave my mind after he saved me and a few days ago, he talked to me and asked me why I never go inside the water. I haven’t told him and left earlier. And then he found out about my fear by accident and he’s trying to defeat it with me. He’s really helping me lose my fear. It’s working and… I think he likes me too.” He whispered the last part and gazed in his lap, ashamed of the situation he was in.

“That sounds good. So he’s helping you after the pool officially closes and that’s why you come home later recently?” his father suggested.

“Yes.” Baekhyun was impressed by his father.

“Wait, do you mean the same attendant who rescued you out of the water?” his mother asked.

“Yes.”

“But he was, like, twenty at that time?!”

“No, he has been seventeen. He’s twenty five now.”

“He’s too old for you! And a man, too! Can’t you just find a girlfriend of your age?” she asked, displeased with Baekhyuns choice of maybe-future-partner and her maybe-future-son-in-law.

“I-I don’t want a girlfriend, mom.” He replied shyly and suddenly his fingernails became so interesting.

“It’s okay, Baekhyun. You don’t need to get a girlfriend. I understand that you like him but don’t you think he’s a little too old?” his father asked gently and Baekhyun came to like him a lot. But still, he had a point against their relationship, too.

“I like him, so age doesn’t really matter and I mean, he’s not thirty or something like that.” He tried to convince with the last courage that was still inside of him.

“But he’s a lot more experienced than you.”

“I don’t think so. He told me he continued being a pool attendant because of me and until now, he hasn’t done anything bad to me. I know I can’t judge him from only that but I’ve been there every day and I observed him and he doesn’t pay much interest to girls, so he’s definitely not a playboy.” He smiled and he saw that he had convinced his father.

“Okay then, but I want to meet him, alright?”

“Sure.”

“I won’t accept that.” His mother cut in, “A male and then an old bastard! He’s going to be all sweet and nice until he gets you in his bed and then you’re just a toy for him like everyone else.”

“Mom!” Baekhyun couldn’t believe his eyes, there was no way his sweet and gentle Chanyeol was going to do that to him. He felt tears growing in his eyes and he sniffed silently, hating his mother for that. “You don’t even know him, how can you s-say that?!” he exclaimed.

“Baekhyun, how about you ask him to come over for dinner tomorrow? We could get to know him and I’m sure he’s very nice.”

Baekhyun nodded and started to eat in frustration.

His father chuckled and started eating too and even his mother did, still not pleased with their outcome.

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun threw each other many looks. Baekhyun almost forgot to do his homework. He was jealous of all the girls who hung around Chanyeol but the tall boy didn’t treat them like he treated Baekhyun. He answered questions they asked him in their skin tight bikinis that were showing off too much of their bodies, really. But he never did more than smile friendly. Baekhyun wanted to stay by his side too and exchange physical contact with his going-to-be boyfriend. He hoped so, at least. He wanted to hug him and show all those girls that he was the one for Chanyeol and that they had no chance with the handsome man.

Baekhyun fell in a daze when the elder smiled at him again.

Finally, it was six o’clock and he was alone with his giant. Chanyeol scurried towards him and flopped down in front of the younger between his spread legs, grinning cheerfully. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyuns waist who giggled at the action.

“What did your parents say? Are you allowed to continue coming here? Did they hurt you? Are you alright?” he rambled and Baekhyun silenced him with a finger pressed to his lips.

“First, I am allowed to come here. No, they didn’t hurt me. Yes, I’m alright. My mother insinuated that I hang around s and take drugs with my ‘suspicious friends’-“

“What?!” Chanyeol interrupted and Baekhyun pressed the finger to his lips again.

“Let me talk.”

Chanyeol nodded.

“Well, my father had an outburst and then we had a talk where I told them why I’m staying away so long. My father understood me and told me to bring you with me to dinner. He asked me if you’re not too old for me and I insisted that you aren’t and now he wants to meet you. Today.” He released Chanyeols lips from his finger and the elder stared at him.

“I should come with you to have dinner, today?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun nodded.

“What about your mother?”

“She’s still not convinced and said you’d only stay friendly until you get me inside your bed-“ Chanyeol wanted to interrupt, already inhaling deeply to extend his outburst of protest and Baekhyun used his finger again, “but my father ignored her. I defended you, of course.”

“Your mother is weird.” He said after he released all the air in his lungs to calm down. Baekhyun found it rather cute.

“She is but she’s always been weird. Now come and let me introduce you.” He smiled and wanted to get up but Chanyeols hug tightened and he didn’t let go.

“B-Baekhyun, wait.” He whispered.

The younger was tense. What would he say now? Would he say he doesn’t want to meet his parents? Would he say that it was actually true what his mother assumed? He was afraid of Chanyeols next words.

“I think it’s better when I ask this first…”

Baekhyun swallowed.

“B-Baekhyun… will you be my b-boyfriend?”

His eyes widened and he instantly smiled brightly, hugging Chanyeol close to himself and feeling the elders arms tighten even more.

“Of course I’ll be, you .” He giggled and Chanyeol laughed, holding his newly gained boyfriend as close as possible and caressing his hair tenderly.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, Baekhyun indulging in his manly scent.

 “You smell so wonderful. I like that a lot.”

Chanyeol chuckled and let go of Baekhyun, grinning while getting up and pulling Baekhyun with him.

“Let’s go now. I’m dying to leave a good first impression as your boyfriend.”

 

“I’m home!” Baekhyun shouted when he opened the door to his house, Chanyeol in tow. They pulled off their shoes and Baekhyun led the taller in their kitchen. His father was cooking, something that wasn’t unusual since his cooking skills were better than Baekhyuns or his mothers.

The man turned around and smiled when he saw Chanyeol.

“Hello. I’m Baekhyuns father, you can call me dad.” He greeted and Chanyeol shook his hand.

“My name is Chanyeol. I’m pleased to meet you.” He said and bowed a little.

“No need to be so formal.” Baekhyuns father said and chuckled.

“Do you want something to drink?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol and he nodded.

“I’ll go and get mom.” His father said and left the kitchen.

“I like your father.” Chanyeol admitted.

“Yeah, he showed us a whole new side of him yesterday. I like this side better.” Baekhyun smiled and poured him a glass of water.

“I’m kinda nervous.” Chanyeol confessed and Baekhyun chuckled.

“You were so eager to come here before.”

“But that was before… I’m so nervous… What if I’m not allowed to be your boyfriend? I know that I’m really old but I still want you… Why is age so cruel?!” he exclaimed and rubbed with his hands over his face.

“We’re going to convince them. We’ll make it. Don’t think we won’t make it. Let’s believe we’re going to make this. And if we’re not allowed to be together, I’ll come to you during the night.” Baekhyun smiled and grabbed his hand reassuringly.

Chanyeol sighed but still smiled a little.

Baekhyuns father came back and he had his mother in tow who wore a displeased look. Chanyeol swallowed nervously and shuffled closer, bowing in front of her respectfully after dropping Baekhyuns hand.

“Hello. My name is Chanyeol, I’m pleased to meet you.” He pressed out and Baekhyun held back a laugh.

“Yeah.” His mother replied and sat at the table next to her husband. Chanyeol took place next to Baekhyun at the opposite and instantly, a small soft hand intertwined their fingers in Chanyeols lap and squeezed gently.

“How old are you?” his mother started right away before he could direct his attention to his pretty boyfriend.

“I’m twenty five.”

“Don’t you think you’re too old? I bet you had a lot of girlfriends before and now you want to try a boy, right?” she spat with venom in her voice and Chanyeols grip on Baekhyuns hand tightened.

“Mom, please stop that.”

“No, let me talk.” Chanyeol interrupted him and gazed in her eyes, determined to leave a good impression.

“Mrs. Byun, as you know, I’m the pool attendant who saved your son, eight years ago. And I am honest about this, I liked him since then. I know, maybe you think I’m a e but I never did anything to him. I waited until he seemed mature enough to talk to him. I never stopped liking him and originally, it was just a job for the holidays that I attended at the pool. Because Baekhyun came back, it became a constant job and I was really happy. I have no intention in harming your son in any way because I care for him. Also, I’ve never had a relationship before. When I was younger, I quickly realized that I don’t like girls but I never had a boyfriend before. Maybe I seem too old to you but I really like him a lot and I’m gonna fight for him because all these years shouldn’t be effortless.” Baekhyun had tears in his eyes and his parents were listening silently when he spoke, his hand almost crushing Baekhyuns.

There was a long silence between them all with Baekhyun sniffing silently. Chanyeol locked eyes with him and rubbed his hair soothingly, smiling at him tenderly.

“What are your parents doing?” Mrs. Byun asked further.

“Well, they run a restaurant in the city. My father is cook and my mother does the management.”

“Can you cook, too?”

“Of course. My father taught me a lot when I was younger and I often came along to help them in the restaurant.”

Baekhyun put a load of noodles on Chanyeols plate and served himself something before it would get cold.

“I hope you won’t judge my average cooking skills, then.” His father joked and Chanyeol chuckled.

“Why should I? I think it’s wonderful to be able to cook something. Not everybody is capable of doing that.”

“That’s true.”

They started to eat and the mood lightened up a little, they exchanged many questions and Chanyeol answered all of them.

“How is Baekhyuns progress to get in water?” Mrs. Byun asked and Baekhyuns gaze raised from his dinner, finally a question that included him.

“He’s doing great progress. I’ve been taking him inside two days now and he became a lot more confident.” He smiled at Baekhyun.

“I hope he’ll go inside again because when I tried there was no progress at all. He didn’t even want to come near any pool.” Chanyeol chuckled and Baekhyun blushed, looking away from the table.

They finished their dinner in silence.

“Chanyeol, Thank you that you came over today. I’m happy to meet the person who makes my son smile like that and I hope you’ll treat him well. You can have my son but whenever I hear the tiniest complain from Baekhyun, make sure you’re far away from here unless you don’t want to keep your head.”

Chanyeol smiled and nodded.

“Thank you, Mr. Byun.”

“You seem nice, Chanyeol, but take care of Baekhyun.” Baekhyuns mother said and Chanyeol nodded again.

“Thank you a lot. I’ll throw him the stars to his feet.” He laughed and grabbed Baekhyuns hand.

“You are dismissed now, do what you like. You can stay the night here if you like because tomorrow it’s Sunday anyway.” The elderly man chuckled and Chanyeol thanked him again before Baekhyun pulled him away in his room.

“That was hard.” The elder sighed and fell on the bed, pulling the younger with him in his arms.

“But you made it.” Baekhyun smiled.

“But only because you were with me.”

“Don’t lie, .”

“I don’t lie.”

“Yeah.”

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol sat up and turned to hover above Baekhyun.

“Yes?” he whispered.

“I love you.”

Baekhyun smiled and circled his arms around Chanyeols neck, pulling him down and kissing him slowly. Chanyeol kissed back and rolled them over the bed that Baekhyun was on top of him.

“I love you too.” The younger said and kissed him again.

 

 

“You made it, Baekkie! I’m so proud of you!” Chanyeol exclaimed and hugged Baekhyun tightly who was swimming in the water next to him.

“Don’t! I’m gonna drown!” he whimpered and tried to push Chanyeol away.

“But I’m so proud of you! You need to be hugged!”

“Then do it somewhere safe where you won’t drown me!”

“Hey you lovebirds!”

Chanyeol stopped hugging him this tightly and faced Kai with Baekhyuns back against his chest and arms around his waist. Kai had someone standing beside him.

“Hey Kyungsoo! Long time no see!” Chanyeol greeted and Kyungsoo waved at him.

“How are you doing, Chanyeol?”

“I’m doing perfectly fine, I got what I wanted.” He grinned and Baekhyun blushed.

“So you are Baekhyun.” The new boy smiled and got inside the water after undressing, “I’m Kyungsoo, Kais boyfriend.”

“Let’s have some fun!” Kai yelled and jumped inside the water. Kyungsoo shook his head and swam closer.

“He dragged me along to finally get to know ‘Chanyeols baby’ even though I don’t really like the pool.”

“You ” Chanyeol kicked Kai when he approached them, “Don’t tell everybody that I call him my baby!”

Baekhyun blushed and Kai laughed.

“You just said it yourself!” he guffawed and Chanyeol stopped in his tracks.

“B-Baekhyun?”

“Why do you never call me b-baby, Yeollie?” he asked sweetly besides being shy and Chanyeol swallowed.

“I thought you d-don’t like it”

“Of course I like that, .” He smirked and splashed water in his face.

“I’m so happy that you can play with me in the water, Baekkie~ I thought you’d never go inside.”

“Stop whining, you baby.” Baekhyun laughed and tried to escape Chanyeols hug.

“I can drown you as often as I want!”

“Why?!”

“Because I’ll always rescue you.”

Chanyeol cornered Baekhyun and kissed him softly, not minding Kai and Kyungsoo cooing about them.

 


 

I'm finished!

Sorry that it took me such a long time.

Tell me if you liked it ^^