Chapter One

every cloud has a silver lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the happened to your face?" Luhan grimaces when he stumbles into Baekhyun's room the next day. 

It started with a simple suggestion...or rather an impulsive, daring (pretty ing rude, according to Jongdae) statement that he made after 3 shots of vodka. Side note: Baekhyun's alcohol tolerance is embarrassingly low. 

"Let's ," he grinned with one eyebrow raised and the side of his lips lifted slightly. 

In his dream, he likes to think that he had looked attractive back then. That's also probably because Luhan wasn't there to remind him how ugly he was. 

He doesn't remember clearly of what had happened but somewhere between his "smooth" move to her and her offended reaction, his face was burning with pain.

Baekhyun had only been punched twice in his life; the first time was when he provoked Luhan by popping all of the balloons during his 8th birthday and Luhan had always been quite a sensitive soul. The second time was when he played a hero by attempted to stand up for a girl down the alley when a few guys was ing to her. Both times were massive pain; he wouldn't have expected any less though. But this girl, whoever she was, knew what she was doing. It was as if she knew just the right spot to hit in order to have him bleed through his mouth and wake up utterly sore the next morning.

"You kind of really deserve it," Luhan struggles and Baekhyun sort of agrees. "That was ing uncalled for. What an ." 

If the weight in his head isn't so heavy and his face doesn't feel like it could fall off at any second, Baekhyun would have make a snarky comment back. 

He digs his head deeper into his pillows before loud footsteps entered the room again. 

"Yo hyung, how have you been to make such bold statement? Seriously when was the last time you got laid."

He could recognize that voice by anywhere. A ing annoying voice by a ing bastard.

He would beat the kid up and curse his life away, but Jumyeon always gritted his teeth for Baekhyun to be nice to Sehun, be a good role model, be a respected hyung. How come no one sees how evil that little devil is?

"How the did you all find out?" Baekhyun mumbles from the pillows.

"You don't think that Jongdae would hit like everyone up after what happened?" Chanyeol laughed and he sounded like a dying giraffe. "How do you even know what a dying giraffe sounds like?" Luhan had furrowed his eyebrows once when Baekhyun made the comment out loud when he first met Chanyeol in freshman year. 

"It was quite a sight actually, according to Jongdae," Luhan added.

He will cut Jongdae up alive and burn him up on the barbecue grill that Zitao had recently purchased from the 50% sale at Walmart. No one could really understand why Zitao had wasted $75 on something he probably will never bother to use; although now Baekhyun could think of a few things he can do to put that grill to use.

"Who is she anyway?"

"I don't know," Baekhyun whines to answer Chanyeol's question. 

He has a blurry memory of what she looks like but a complete blank mind of who she is. 

"How bad did you want her for you  to say that, man?"

He cries out because damn it, he just wants to sleep and convinces himself that everything was just a very bad dream. It's embarrassing enough and all of the stupid mocking comments aren't really appreciated. 

"I was so wasted okay; I don't even know what had pulled me to say that."

 "Your thirst," Sehun giggles.

Since when did Sehun ing giggle?

" off," Baekhyun waved them away. "Leave me alone. Go, go, go."

***

They never actually leave because Sehun and Luhan were screaming for the soccer match on TV and Zitao sings out loud as he entered the apartment with Jjajangmyun and Baekhyun knows because Chanyeol had exclaimed in excitement, "JJAJANGMYUN!!!!!"

He still sleeps through the day though and he has never been more glad that it was a Sunday because no way would he able to make it to class with the condition that he's in. This will be the last time that he would ever drink. For real this time. 

Jongdae would laugh if he's here to hear Baekhyun's thoughts but Jongdae, he's going to be dead by Baekhyun's bare hands anyway. 

It's Monday morning when he finds a tiny note in his jeans pocket with a phone number written neatly on it and a heart scribbled nicely at the end. 

He grins lightly because suddenly the tough girl doesn't seem all that tough anymore. But then, the bruise on his right cheek still ing stinks and he lets out a low whimper at that. A manly one. 

***

If fate isn't what this would be called then those ing fairly tales have been telling lies. 

Because the next day, he runs into her at the cafe in campus. 

She orders a iced caramel latte with extra ice and Baekhyun has to hold himself back from laughing because who orders ing iced coffee in the middle of January. 

It doesn't seem like she is much aware of his existent until she turns around and her eye widens at the sight. 

The lopsided grins made it to his face without him even notice it. And Baekhyun swears he could see the fire burning up in her eyes again.

Ah, the pain of the bruised cheek is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter