Final

Older Brothers

 

You were lying on your bed, face down, legs swinging in the air as you flipped through your textbook. You lazily browsed through the book, flipping page by page, not bothering to memorize anything. There was an exam tomorrow and you had to sit for it. You looked up from your book and looked at the table beside where you were. Seunghyun had his eyes glued on the computer screen, researching for his project. Unlike him, you were more playful, hyper-active while he was more mature and knew when to do things at the right time. What more can you say? He was ing 4 years older than you. And how old are you? Just 14! “Older brothers,” you muttered quietly, making sure he didn’t hear anything.

 

“Excuse me?” Seunghyun said, his eyes looking up and down from his notes to the computer screen.

 

“What? I never said anything. Are you hearing things?” You smirked back. You didn’t like how hardworking Seunghyun was; even if he was your older brother. Seunghyun nodded his head lightly; face facing his notes, reading it with full caution on his face. With this, silence filled the atmosphere. You then gave up and continued ‘reading’ your textbook.

 

You just couldn’t concentrate. Soon, you threw your textbook on the table with a loud thud. With his fast reaction, Seunghyun jerked bit and looked at you.

 

“Now what’s your problem, little sis?” He asked with an eyebrow up.

 

“Nothing…” You mumbled then folded yourself in the blankets. You hated studying. Who doesn’t? Oh, Seunghyun doesn’t. Older brothers, you thought.

 

As you were inside your cocoon, you heard pages flipping from the outside, and then came a sigh. A second later, you felt your cocoon slowly unfold and saw your older brother with big, black geeky glasses.

 

“What?” You were trying to get back your blanket, but Seunghyun’s strong arms held onto it tightly. “Seunghyun! Yah! Let go of this… Ughhh!”

 

Seunghyun laughed at the sight of you stretching your arms out to get back your blanket. He then jokingly held it further away; a mischievous smile perched on his face.

 

“Seunghyun! Give me back- UGHH! Forget it! TAKE IT!” You huffed frustratingly and lied back down on the bed.

 

“Oh, come on. I was only joking,” Seunghyun smiled as he placed the blanket back on the bed. “You have an examination tomorrow, am I right?”

 

“Yeeeesssss,” you groaned, “And I’m NOT studying for it! Never will.” You then took the blanket he just put down and covered your face.

 

“Come on, get up. I’ll teach you. I bet you don’t understand anything. That’s why you find it boring,” Seunghyun said as he pulled the blanket from your face.

 

“You know me so well…” You said as you sat up from your bed as he got out to take an extra chair for you. Older brothers, you thought with a smile on your face.