004

Young In Revolt

What should I do? I cannot speak the truth.

"Jong In... has... chlamydia."

"WTF did you just say?" - Gina raised her left eyebrow. There was so answer. Eun Ji thought it would be better if she kept shut from now on. She then walked with a fast pace, left Gina confused behind. Gina could not stand that her question was unanswered, so she ran after Eun Ji and grabber her shoulder, made Eun Ji's head turned towards her. Her eyes were widen open, full with fear that her lie could be exposed.

"I... I stalked him to his neighborhood. They are all gangsters and stuff. Drugs are everywhere. And one of them told me..." - Eun Ji mumbled, Gina could hear her voice shaking.

After two seconds, Gina let go of her hands which were placing on Eun Ji's weak shoulders.

"This news'd better be real because it's going to be a blast." Eun Ji heard the cracking sounds of high heels further away from her.

Just only 20 seconds later, every student in the campus received a text from "Gossip Girl 2.0." Currently "Mean Girls" was not the only thing Im Jin Ah was obsessed of.

>> Hello cuties. Sorrrry for not updating in two days but I'm back with some shocking news. A little bird told me that our dear Lonely Boy has chlamydia and things are not going well for him these days. God bless you! - text from Gossip Girl 2.0

It was still ambiguous who this "Gossip Girl 2.0" might be. But they wouldn't care. They went crazy when "she" updated and checked their cells everyday to see what they missed. It was told to be the janitor because she was always in the school and she would have known some things about them. But every rational human being would easily realize that Im Jin Ah was "she."

"Gossip Girl 2.0" wasn't around until Im Jin Ah came and ran Seo Won High with her Western way of living. She was the one who brought American culture into this school and that made her stood out among other basic wannabe es. One of them was her "minion", Goo Ha Ra. Ha Ra had tried to steal the "Gossip Girl" phone many times but she either missed her chance or got busted. She always lived under the shadow of the superior, but if she left Im Jin Ah's right wing even one bit, she would become a "nobody."

Same day as everyday, Gina, Ha Ra and Bo Mi sat at the same table and waiting for the boys to bring them lunch.

"Drop that book nerd reading isn't gonna make you smarter." - Gina told Bo Mi while fixing her manicure.

"Jane Eyre adaption's audition is next Monday. You know what, Min Ho is in it too." - Bo Mi was still reading.

"Choi Min Ho? When does he have something to do with it?"

"Since today. I heard him talking to Krystal about going to the audition. He's probably gonna play Rochester."

"And who the is Rochester?"

Bo Mi was too bothered to speak for herself, so she continued digging in her book. A boy then put a tray of food in front of them. There were tuna salad, vegetarian's spaghetti and diet coke.

"Thanks Chan Yeol." - Gina sounded flirty.

There was nothing for Ha Ra though. She sighed a few times, may be because of hunger, but mostly, it was her life that made her frustrated. She leaned her head on the cold table and closed her eyes, sometimes her effort failed due to the sound of Gina texting.

Ha Ra thought of everything that had happened in 17 years of her life. She had been born in a rich neighborhood of Cheongdamdong, and she was treated like a princess. Her father's food company was one of the strongest in the industry, and Mr. Goo could literally buy the whole Seo Won High if he wished to. Ha Ra was a loyal customer at every luxurious stores in both Seoul and Tokyo. She spent her summer holidays in boat trips and on flights. There was no reason Goo Ha Ra wasn't the Queen Bee. But nope, everything was against what she thought of her life in high school would have been. Maybe it was her boring face, a petite body or her dull personality. After all, all her friends from kindergraten to secondary school only used her for money and fame, not for the sake of the girl itself. And maybe Gina was the one who was using her as well, but at this moment, she was Gina's inferior, she needed Gina for attention to save her miserable school life. Ha Ra then raised her head up and asked Gina for a bit of her lunch. Gina was happy to give it all, because she wanted to keep her body slim, and the only way was to not eat.

Suddenly there were two random chick came to the table.

"Gina, Gina. Is it true that the miserable Kim Jong In has chlamydia? He sure looks poor and but I still cannot believe it." - Said a blonde chick, probably freshman.

"Has Gossip Girl ever lied to you? Of course it is true. The news is from a reliable source, my apologies that I could not tell." - Gina smirked and blinked her eyes a few times. Her voice sounded sarcastic.

"Okay." - The girls left.

"Isn't it a little too much, even if it's from you?" - Bo Mi said with full of salad.

"It's not my fault, someone sent that tip to me. I'm just the one who posted it." - Gina tried to sound natural and all, but inside of her mind she was curious that this wasn't what Eun Ji was going to say to her. But as long as she kept being popular, she couldn't care less.

 

_______________

 

"Lonely Boy"? Who is this Lonely Boy by the way? This thought was in Soo Jung's head the whole time since she had received the text. She also wondered who this "Gossip Girl 2.0" was and why she knew her number. She was going to ask someone but again, it wasn't important. All she knew was she needed to find Jong In. She was walking around in her new heels, looking for him while browsing through her Instagram. She noticed that her followers were from 1.2 million to 999k. Some of her celebrity friends unfollowed her as well, including Luna and Amber, her co-stars in her latest movie, and Bae Suzy, her ex-best friend turned superstar. Suzy was now dating Lee Min Ho, she shared photos of them with cheesy caption. She cut all contact with Suzy 2 years ago when there were rumors that she told Suzy's then boyfriend, Lee Seung Gi, and she had done it, without shame or regret. But in this moment, looking at Suzy's profile, she knew that she could never make amends for what she had done to her then BFF, and that she had to move on.

Soo Jung found Jong In sitting on a bench, smoking. She was thinking whether she should confront him about the guardian angel thing she had in mind, or just chit chat to know him better. But either way, she had to step forward and start the conversation. Her way was blocked as she bumped into someone.

"Sorry." - She said. She tried to move away from that person but he held her hand tight then pulled it, her body was turned towards him and she was about to fall. Then he held her back romantically just like in old American chick flicks.

"I got you." - His voice felt like a summer breeze. He had his eyes locked in hers. She quickly stood up and flicked the dust off her new uniform.

"Thank you Min Ho." - She kindly replied.

"Are you going to the audition next week? I know the role of Jane will fit you..."

"Hey Min Ho! C'mon coach is calling." - There was a boy calling him from afar.

"That was Jun Myeon. I better get going. Hope that you can show up!" - Min Ho ran quickly away from the place, He didn't forget to wave goodbye with a friendly smile.

Soo Jung flipped her hair and turned around to look for Jong In, but he was gone. Then she saw his shadow heading outside the school. She decided to follow him despite keeping class, she didn't care about school anyway.

 

________________

 

Jong Dae was standing in front of his locker, holding that girl from yesterday's phone in his hand. He hesitated to return it to her because of the background photo of her and his "brother." But his conscience would eat him alive if he didn't give it back to her. However, he put it in his locker and closed it real quick. He turned around to leave and to see a little girl in front of her. His face turned pale, like he had seen a ghost.

"I couldn't find my phone anywhere since yesterday. Did you have it?" - Her high-pitched but sweet as candy voice made him nervous.

"No. I'm sure it's not me." - Jong Dae denied her accusation.

But his conscience kept telling him.

Did you have it?

Did you have it?

DID . YOU . HAVE . IT . ?

"I gotta go." - He shook his head a few times while walking away from the place.

"My name is Bo Mi. Yoon Bo Mi." - She said loud enough for him to hear. He didn't reply.

His phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out and read the message.

>> Did you manage to keep JSJ in your sight? If you did then why the hell she didn't return my calls? - text from Mr. Jung.

What the is she going to do right now?

 

________________

 

"The sisters" were sitting at the same bench that Jong In had sat earlier. Gina was skimming through Korean Vogue for new fashion trends while Ha Ra was planning her weekend pool party. Bo Mi had gone somewhere else.

"This party is gonna be huge. We have to invite celebrities. Maybe Suzy and Lee Min Ho?" - Said Ha Ra. Gina nodded as she approved.

"And how about Krystal? She's popular."

"No need to bring that scandalous there." - Gina said while seeing a photo of Krystal in her magazine. She immidiately put it away and read another.

"This is so gonna bring us to the whole Seoul as rising superstars. Then we will be invited to all those celeb parties and events. We will be famous!" - Ha Ra said with excitement.

"But how come I always the one who throws the parties? And we have never seen your house. You said that it's a three story building with elevator and stuff." - Ha Ra said while writing names on her long list.

"Because you're familiar with hosting parties. And I'm used to attending them. Got it? Now continue reading the list." - Said Gina spontaneously.

"Okay. There is Jae Joong and Jun Su from JYJ. Hmm Tiffany Hwang, Tae Yeon, the Wonder Girls, Yang Hyun Suk,..."

The list went on.

 

_______________

 

Im Jin Ah returned home after a tiring day "texting" and "being Gossip Girl." But today was exceptional. She had waited twenty minutes straight without seeing any bus. Afraid that someone would see her, she called a cab and it took her home.

"Where do you need to go?" - The driver asked.

"Bongcheondong please." - Gina opened her phone and scrolled through the messages people sent "Gossip Girl." She was about to turn off the screen until she saw this text from a junior.

>> It's official that the football hottie Kim Seok Jin is going to attend our school starting next week! - Facebook message from Kang Do Hyun.

"Kim... Seok... Jin? Isn't that my old neighbor? Oh my god what am I gonna do?" - Jin Ah was in shocked. She thought he left for the UK and stayed there forever. But against her will, he came back and he was gonna be her school mate. Her head rested on her palm as she was being frustrated.

"We're here in Bongcheon. Do you have an exact destination?" - The driver asked.

"No. Drop me off here."

The car stopped. Jin Ah stepped out of it and looked around. "It's gonna be a long way home." - She thought. Jin Ah was too proud of herself to show the driver the dump she lived in, especially when she was going to be a "celebrity."

Like she said, it was a long way home. Jin Ah had to walk for fifteen minutes to get to the place, when she could have told the driver to take her there for 3 minutes. Poor she. On her way walking she smelled the smoke from the old man in the neighborhood. She remembered the first day they returned to school, when she met Krystal for the first time. What a tremendous act that she pulled off. Inside of her appearance, she had asked herself too many times if she had done things right and made an impression on Krystal. After all, the girl was a celebrity. And right now she had to think of a way to steal Krystal's obvious spot of Jane in the Jane Eyre adaption to act along with Min Ho. But what could she do? She had never even read the book.

She left out a big sigh as she walked through the front door and hear the sound of a crying baby and the dreadfully sad classical music playing in the background. She looked at her older sister holding her niece in her arms, looking like she was going to cry as well. The place she lived was small, just enough for two.

"You ing stole my money." - Her sister Im Yoon Ah was too furious to even look at her.

"I swear it's not me." - Said Jin Ah, dropping her school bag on the floor and kicking it to the corner of the room.

"So since when did you earn enough money to buy a ing new shiny iPhone huh little scum? And when are you going to return the ing clothes you rent? They are bombing me with messages of the receipt of what you paid."

Jin Ah pretended she hadn't heard a thing.

"You stole my ing baby's money." - Yoon Ah was trying to hold her tears when she mentioned her baby.

"How does it feel now huh? around and ended up being a single mom? You made us poor, you don't have to blame me for it." - Jin Ah said sarcastically, scrolling her Instagram feed.

Yoon Ah put her new born baby in a crib and stood up to take Jin Ah's phone and smashed it to the ground.

"WHAT THE NOW DUDE?" - Jin Ah raised her voice.

"You made us poor huh? It's you, it's you all along. You are the one who is making us poor. You are the reason Dad left and Mom killed herself. You are a mistake, Im Jin Ah. Your birth is a mistake!" - Yoon Ah screamed to the top of her lungs and cried her heart out while saying those harsh words. She pulled her younger sister's new bleached hair and kicking her legs. Jin Ah started crying as well, she hit her sister in the stomach - Yoon Ah's weakest part of her body - in order for her to stop. Yoon Ah fell to the ground but she stood up and punched Jin Ah a few times in her cheeks and her nose, resulted in its bleeding. Jin Ah held her breath and wiped the tears with the blood on her face. She continued to strike back with a baseball bat, but Yoon Ah was so strong. She got the bat from her younger sister and hit her body a few times. Jin Ah tried to stand up and ran away before things got worse.

"I ING HATE YOU."

Jin Ah could hear her sister shouting from the inside. That baby kept crying and the miserable music kept playing. She knew she had to leave there. She couldn't continue to be the victim of domestic violence any longer. But Jin Ah had no where to go, no place to stay the night. She left the house only with her phone. She scrolled the contact list to see a thousand of numbers but no one to call. She kept walking and walking under the beautiful sky in the midnight city. She didn't know where she was going to go, but anywhere was better than the place she lived.

 

"Waiting for a car

Waiting for a ride in the dark

Drinking in the lights

Following the neon signs"

 

_________________

 

Soo Jung followed Jong In as he walked to the outside of the school. She walked through the forest with all the trees and the mystical atmosphere since it was cloudy today. It was all romantic to her when she remembered the past she shared with her exes, when they drove her around this scenery with their fancy car and they made love when surrounded by the nature. But the past was long gone, and in front of her, he was the future. He was her midnight dream, her darkest secret, her beautiful nightmare she had ever dreamt of. But all of that imagination was gone when she saw him stopping at a bus stop.

"So he goes to school by bus huh...?"

Although Soo Jung was a bit disapointed, she chose to step onto the same bus as his. He chose a seat at the end of the bus and put on his earplugs. She hid her face with a cap and a pair of Prada sunglasses.

The thoughts of turning up at the audition Min Ho had mentioned wa floating in her little mind, but she quickly removed them. She played with her hair and looked at her painted fingernails. Sometimes she looked behind to see Jong In was half sleeping. She smiled spontaneously at times. It reminded her of the time she could be happy just by looking at a guy.

The bus stopped all of the sudden and Soo Jung's head hit the bus window. Then she saw Jong In step out of the bus. She wanted to go out and follow him, but the door was closed.

"Mister. Mister. I have to go out. Please stop the bus." - Soo Jung rushed the bus driver.

"Sorry Miss, we can't simply stop for one person." - Said the driver.

Soo Jung then took of her sunglasses and her cap, showing her face to him.

"I'll pay any price. Please let me down." - She begged the driver.

The bus stopped at a place near by. "Thank you" she said. After, she jumped out of the bus and ran in his direction.

Soo Jung finally caught up with Jong In after a long run. The boy was humming to his favorite tunes while she walked slowly behind him. She saw the stars brightening the sky, the city lights glowing in her eyes.

 

"Waiting for a word

Looking at the mutated skyline

The city is my chrurch

It wraps me in its blinding twilight"

 

Everything around this place looked cold and damp. There were homeless people sleeping in the corner of the streets, the addicts wandering with their minds gone with the flow. And Jong In humming sound. It all seemed like a scene from a horror movie, a girl walking alone, surrounded by the dark. Soo Jung stopped herself and tried to stand on her tiptoe to see him walking inside a small room, which was his home. She came a long way, and there wasn't any bus by now. But she wasn't ready to face him and ask about what she was wondering. Soo Jung realized it was time to go home.

The street lights suddenly turned black and she couldn't see a thing. She followed her instinct and ran to the motel near by to make a phone call as her phone ran out of battery. But she couldn't make it half way there when a robber blocked her way and tried to steal her phone. She held it tight and ran the other way where she knew she could be safe. The robber was right behind her holding a wooden cane. In this moment of life and death, Soo Jung was so scared that she did not hesitate one bit to knock on his door.

"Jong In! Kim Jong In! Help! Help!" - She was knocking nonstop.

Five seconds later, the door was opened, a hand reached out for her and pulled her inside.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

I know that this fan fic is supposed to evolve around Soo Jung and Soo Jung only but I decided that it should be about everyone, people with different scenario, inspired by the one and only "Gossip Girl" TV series.

I was too busy with my school work to update so I left it in the dust for almost a year. But now I'm back and ready to write hehe! I hope you enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoy writing it. It is going to get interesting in a few more chapters so stay tuned and subscribe if you like it!

And by the way, Kim Seok Jin (BTS Jin) is going to be a new character! But he's probably not staying for long, and he has nothing to do with Soo Jung's storyline, just saying.

Junseung4ever