003

Young In Revolt

Parts of her body were starting to hurt from working too hard. She could feel the bicycle falling down on her, and the high pitched voice screaming to her ears. She pulled her bicycle up and looked back just to see the blur of pink was further away from her. She also saw a wig on the floor, which it was not hers.

“You’re in this on your own, I’m out!”

Their plan failed miserably.

"Guess I have to do it on my own heh..." Soo Jung thought to herself.

She opened her purse to find her phone as she was going to call Uber.

"! Left it at the dorm damn!"

She was desperate to find a cab since no one was bothering to give her a look and stop. After a long while there was an empty one dropped by in front of her.

"Ma'am you need to go some place?" - Said the driver.

"WTF I'm not madam you faced." - Soo Jung said while trying to open the door but it was locked.

"Hey why can't I open the door it stucked"

"Because I'm gonna take you nowhere." - Then the drive drove far away quickly.

"I shouldn't have said that..." But it's too late now Soo Jung ah.

"Maybe it's no destiny. This was going nowhere like that faced was saying. I'm going home." - Luckily for her the place where she stood was not so far from the campus.

_____________________

 

"JSJ gone missing. Find her, get her back, ASAP."

It was History class and a boy was looking at his phone, looking miserable and sighing so tiredly like this was what he had to do everyday: finding "JSJ."

"Excuse me Mrs. Choi. My distant cousin is having a wedding today and this is urgent and I seriously have to go. I promise I will take notes from friends and study it again at home. I'm terribly sorry I have to interrupt your teaching." - He sounded urgent just like he said.

"All excuses, like the last time, Mr. Kim. Go." - The teacher pointed her finger to the door. As he left she continued with her lecture.

He ran as fast as he could to the parking lot and found out that his motorcycle was missing. He picked up his phone and called someone right after.

"Dude, I need my ride back right now. I have work to do."

"Seriously dude? Today, art class, remember?" - The sound from the other line was like whispers.

"You have my leather jacket as well huh?"

"Yeah well, it was kinda there..."

"You took it for the whole day dude who are you tryna impress huh?"

"I'm in class dude I promise I'll return everything at the end of the day." - The voice was lower and suddenly off.

The poor boy was running all the way from the parking lot to the school gate while trying to call Uber. He jumped on the cab and drove away like the wind. There was something made he felt nauseous. He held his stomach, holding his pain.

"Can you open the door and wait for me please. I just need a moment."

He then opened the door and threw up everything he had for lunch. He felt sick. That pain in his stomach hadn't stop just yet. He knew it himself that he had a weak stomach. But an incident made it a lot worse.

"Too much stress hah kid?" - Said the driver. The boy was still wearing his uniform.

"Yes, plus falling from a motorcycle and your stomach hit the ground." - He lifted a side of his school shirt and eased his wound.

"That must be hurt. Hmm where should I leave you?"

"Keep going." - He was looking aroundas the streets gone by, but there was no sign of the brunette he was looking for.

"Who you looking for kid?"

"Jung... Krystal. Krystal Jung, the child star, did you see her anywhere?"

"I saw someone who is kinda like her, but she was wearing grandma clothes so meh I think not. She was heading to the school, maybe it was just a parent." 

"... Keep going until we see her."

His phone rang and he received another text from the same man as before.

"Found her. She's back at school."

" my life." - He thought to himself. Why did he have to drag himself into this mess? But well, all his tuition was paid, his rent was paid, he had new clothes, and all he had to do was to protect the princess. The troubled with runaway mania princess.

"What do you have anything to do with that spoiled Krystal anyway?"

Yes, why do I have to hurt myself and waste my time to find that girl anyway? He took out his phone and played his favorite song "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses as it was raining outside.

All of his body was wet because he didn't bring an umbrella with him. Nobody expected that it was going to rain today. He rushed to the library, where he had to be at today, at this time.

It was almost 6PM and the library was going to close. His wet shoes left dirty shoe prints on the floor.

"You were supposed to be here at 4. Why are you even being here now?" - The librarian looked at him with judgemental eyes.

"Sorry."

"Same as the last time. I thought that you've alreadt quitted."

"I am truly sorry, it's just that I have work to do today, I promise I won't be late for my shift again."

"Thank that little girl over threre. She did all your work." - The old woman pointed at a girl who was wearing the school uniform with a cutesy pink headband the old fashion style, like Blair in Gossip Girl.

He walked to her, the girl was so focused reading Jane Austen that she didn't aware that she was going to hit him.

"Ouch!"

Both of them kneeled down to reach the book, but he was quicker.

"Emma? Interesting choice." - He skimmed through the pages before giving it back to her. "You know, I was way more into Sense and Sensibility. It's one of my favorites."

"You're into English Lit? Are you going to attend Mr. Aaron's class? It starts tomorrow."

"It was the first class I signed up for."

"Let me help you with all theses books. They need to be in their places. And currently you are too busy reading to get it done." - The guy started picking up the books and put them alphabetically on the shelf. She put down her book and did the same thing.

While doing their work, they accidentally hit each other. Her phone fell from her jacket and the phone screen was on. He saw what was on the phone wide and clear.

"November Rain ..." He mumbled. She then put the phone back into her pocket and turned to him.

"I don't think that I can find anyone who likes this kind of music. And English Lit? You're kind of special."

"Well um people like me, they're called nerds." - He kept putting the books on to the shelf while she was observing him. She took some moments to look at his angelic face, his fringe-to-the-side hairstyle he had, his preppy look overall. She caught that moment when the lights were just glimpse through his hair, and his face left a light smile, as if he was the most naturally perfect creature on earth in her eyes.

"Nerds. I used to be one. I was picked on constantly by the seniors. Before they saved me. I owed them life."

"By who?"

"Jin Ah. I mean Gina. Most people probably don't know her real name."

He didn't reply anything. Things started to quiet down. She unpluged her earphones and the music started playing.

 

"'Cause nothing lasts forever

And we both know hearts can change

And it's hard to hold a candle

In the cold November rain..."

 

They finished their work right after the song ended. They both needed to get back home and relaxed after a long day.

Outside it was still raining. His body was soaked from the rain and it hadn't dried. He couldn't suffer another rainfall or else he would be having a fever anytime soon. He knew it because it had happened several times before. His stomach was aching inside his body and every moment would hurt him. He held all of these thoughts and his endless pain and acted like nothing was happened.

"So um... you're in the three girl group thing?" - He asked quietly, but enough for her to listen.

"Yeah, the sisters. Is there any problem?"

"It's just that... um... I just thought that you're... you're better than that." - He breathed heavily, as if he was going to fall. But his feet held on to the ground and stood still. Her cheeks blushed a little.

"You like rock ballads and English Lit. They probably only watch Clueless and Mean Girls. That's just what I thought. Forgive me if I said something wrong."

"Aren't you going home? Why are we still standing here anyway?..." She changed the subject. "You have no umbrella?"

He nodded.

She gave him her limited edition umbrella and ran as fast as she could to the shining Mercedes car waiting for her outside. So fast that her phone slipped out of her pocket (again). Her phone screen was on again but this time there was no music. It was a picture of her and a man. A familiar man.

"Brother..."

A moment later, the man in the leather jacket rode back to the school and returned things back to their owner.

"Don't take my stuff next time dude not cool."

"Thanks Jong Dae. The art class is so far and I can never study there without your help." - He then left in the pouring rain.

"Glad I could help." - The preppy guy also left on his motorcycle.

They supposed no one would see this but someone did... She saw everthing from start to end. From the talking to the umbrella moment and the phone and the exchange. It was just not sure that she would keep shut.

 

________________

 

Jung Eun Ji was rolling in bed, struggling to fight her urge to tell Soo Jung about what happened earlier. It was just that she recently got herself a new friend, and she was also supposed to be a superstar, of course she would want to share her hot new story to her new pal. But a part inside of her conscience told her to keep it to herself as her secret that she would hold dear and near, that the boy whom she had a crush on was the "Man in Black" with the Armani scent and the motorcycle. And that it was not Kim Jong In. She never liked him anyway.

Suddenly the door was opened, and Soo Jung came out of nowhere pulling her massive pile of clothes inside the house.

"Where did you go after I left? I was worried."

"Yeah, saw the messages. I had to go downtown, getting things done, and get my clothes here. Currently my best friend is still mad at me." - Soo Jung tried to put all of her clothes into the small closet.

"This is just one tenth of my clothes. And I seriously have to put all of these shoes in to somewhere but there ain't no place hmm..."

"You have to have some medicine here as the prescription said. And you need to eat as well, I left you some pizza in the fridge."

" it. Two packs and my night is done. I'm getting tired. I need a bath."

And like she said, the night was done. They were all going to bed.

 

________________

 

Today was the last day of the week that Soo Jung had to be at school, then she could go shopping and did whatever she wanted since everybody had known that she attended high school. She looked at the cirriculum that had been handed to her last week. There was Mr. Aaron's class in the morning, PE in the afternoon and then that was it.

"Hey, Jung Eun Ji. Do you know Mr. Aaron? I'm supposed to attend his class today. English Lit."

"How lucky you are. Mr. Aaron is famous for being so easy on grades. Almost everyone passed his class with flying colours. I have to be at Ms. Song's Geography class. Oh so terrible, my grades are going to be a misery." - Eun Ji sighed.

"Why does it always have to be a hamburger? That makes you fat." - Soo Jung said while picking her clothes for the day.

"Hey, should I wear this pink cardigan or this ripped leather jacket?"

"There's a blazer with the uniform." - Eun Ji finished her meal and rushed to the bathroom to change her clothes.

"Ugh you think that I'm going to wear that ugly blazer oh hell no."

"Then cardigan it is."

They quickly changed and left the dorm.

"Does it hurt wearing high heels?" - Eun Ji wondered.

"Yes, it does. But well in this human world, to look beautiful you have to it up." - Soo Jung was in her Versace's new collection shoes she bought some time ago.

"Do you know where that class might be I think we're walking too much."

"It's probably around this corner." - Eun Ji pointed to a class which was full of dumb girls, and of course, the "sisters." Soo Jung peeked inside to see if it was her class then she saw a tall foreign man with glasses holding an English fiction.

"You must be the new student Jung Soo Jung?" - The teacher put down his glasses.

"Yes, this is she." - Soo Jung walked in hesitantly when she saw around. They were people at the canteen who left her alone, people who were recording her with their cells, and those who bullied her. And then she saw Min Ho, who was looking at her with much focus.

"I'm Ronald Aaron, your teacher. Since it's your first time here you have to introduce yourself to us." - Said Mr. Aaron.

"I thought everybody here knew me already hmm. I'm Krystal Jung, or Jung Soo Jung. I speak perfect English and my favorite novel is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte... Hmm..." - She thought she was ready for introducing herself because she used to be in the spotlight, and all that interviews. But she was nervous. She was afraid what people might talk about behind her back. Or worse, in front of her.

"Boo, you ." - That high-pitched Busan accent rose again.

This was what she was afraid of. Her mind slipped to a fanmeeting her agency held in the past when she was about 15, after her scandal with an older man and her broke with Lee Seung Gi. She received a yellow note which was told to be from a fan. And the message was exactly like what the spoiled blonde just said.

Boo, you .

"Watch your language, Im Jin Ah." - Said the teacher. "You can sit over there, next to Min Ho."

Next to Min Ho. That made Gina furious as something was burning inside her body.

And what could possibly be better when you sit between Min Ho and Jong Dae, and the you hate was in front of you?

Soo Jung couldn't focus on the lesson while the image of "Kim Jong In" was still floating in her mind. She shook her head a few times, hoping that she could pay attention to what Mr. Aaron said, but it was a waste of time. She turned her head to a nerdy guy next to her who was writing something looked like a long love letter.

"Do you know Kim Jong In?" - Soo Jung asked the guy. Her voice was so low he couldn't listen.

"And what are you writing? Also why are you looking at that with the headband all the time? She was in the group that bullied me. She's mean."

She's mean, that's what I thought too. But is she?

"A person like you wouldn't usually be with Kim Jong In. That kid is troubled." - He continued writing.

She turned right and saw Min Ho looking at her constantly.

"Min Ho... um is there something in my hair?" - Soo Jung wondered.

"Yes, there was a bee, but it flew away so nevermind." - He then turned his head to the board and copied what was on the board to his notebook. She knew he was lying. Every boys did.

After 2 long hour the bell rang.

"Class dismissed everyone. And in two more days there's gonna be an audition for the adaption of Jane Eyre. Soo Jung, you should sign up for it." - Said Mr. Aaron. He then put his things in his bag and left the classroom.

"I was thinking about signing up for it since I love theater." - Min Ho started a conversation with her. But she didn't focus because her eyes were looking for Jong In.

"Yes, that would be awesome." - She replied in a hurry then left him standing alone. He was curious about her, because no girl was ever not interested in him. After all he was rich, and handsome. Maybe because she was in his league?

Gina saw his dream boy talking to the girl she hated and started texting something, probably to her minions.

_______________

 

Eun Ji was walking alone in the hallways when someone catched up to her and patted on her head.

"What are you doing here nerd?"

"Walking to the dorm?"

The Busanites reunion we all rooted for.

"Hey you're roommates with that old-fashioned child star right? That girl was lucky she was saved from that black man with the motorcycle thingy. If I was there that would probably flip out and humiliate herself and that would be a blast haha. Do you know who that black man is? He sure looks like Kim Jong In but I'm not sure. I'm so in need of a scoop right now I have nothing to write about for the last 3 days." - Gina was talking and texting at the same time, desperate of some news for popularity that she had to ask the poor girl who she bullied.

Eun Ji turned her head and giggled.

"Is there something you know?" - Gina was curious.

"Nope. Not a bit."

"I've known you since kindergarten and I know that you are not good at doing the poker face. Now tell me, what do you know about man in black?"

Eun Ji thought about it for a moment. If Gina found out that "man in black" was actually Jong Dae, everyone would flipped out. And if they knew Eun Ji was the one who spreaded the gossip, her popularity would be boasted. Then the whole student body would actually for once notice her. That's how this school works, once you start a gossip, you'll become popular. But this would break Soo Jung's dream and bring her crush to the spotlight, and that was the last thing she wanted. She remained silent after hearing Gina's question.

"Eun Ji, you can never hide anything from me. Do you want to be hit again like the last year, when you have to stay in the hospital huh?" - Gina stopped Eun Ji and pushed her against the wall, her eyes were on fire. She needed this news so bad, and she couldn't accept the fact that Eun Ji was the one who held it from her.

What should I do? I cannot speak the truth.

"Kim Jong In..." - She mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"Jong In... has... chlamydia."