001

Young In Revolt

"Seriously, mom. I'm in no mood for kidding. I've been studying with a tutor my whole life. All of the sudden... WTF mom?"

A high-strung teen girl was screaming as her mother told her she wanted her daughter to go to high school. No, she handed in the application herself and her daughter was accepted, without the little girl knowing this.

"Yes, Soo Jung ah. We cannot take this anymore, seeing you like that. It's September now, and the new semester begins today. Please listen to your mother, like you always do." Said the woman wearing a Prada outfit, Jimmy Choos' new collection shoes, Rolex's watch.... Everything on her body was luxury.

"Jesus. Did my agency know about this?"

"It was their idea actually, my darling. We simply agreed to them." The mother was putting her clothes into a luggage. "You know how much your stepfather and I care for you, Soo Jung ah. This is for your own good."

"What's with the luggage? High school is like 10 miles away. I can go home after school, right?" Soo Jung was all furious right at the moment. She didn't expect all of this.

"You're staying there, at the school dorm. You'll have your own room. Meg is bringing your clothes to you there. You don't have to come home, as it will become harder for us to look at you."

Soo Jung didn't want any of this to happen. She knew she did up (and she was likely to continue that way), but she thought her mother knew her better than that. After all, she was a child star, a very famous child star, she was the one who had made all the cash that the parents were spending, and the money she had made could not possibly be ran out for three generations. She was just in need of a good fun in her life, that was all. No one in the house could understand that loneliness she suffered from being famous, or at the moment, infamous. She called her agency, A-STAR Entertainment, to confirm this news she heard.

"Dear Mr. Jung, my mom said this absurd thing to me this morning that I was going to school, is that true, that I'm going to school? Because no way you could do that to me, right?" – Soo Jung was desperate when there was no answer from the other side.

"Mr. Jung, are you still listening to me?"

"Yes, I was the one to suggest that to your parents. I'm sorry that this news makes you disappointed, but there's nothing else we can do. No one wants you on any commercial, you're not receiving any scripts. You just can't sit there and do nothing while we're paying you. To say frankly, you cost us a lot of money, my dear Krystal. My hands are tied."

Soo Jung felt betrayed by people she could trust right now.

"We knew you since you were 3. I regard you as my daughter. You have to understand, this is for your own good."

Why did people keep saying that?

“I will also send someone there to help you, in case you’re in trouble. Soo Jung ah, I…”

She turned off the phone and threw it in the corner of the room. She did nothing but sighing.

"Mom, I'm going to school as Krystal or Jung Soo Jung?"

"Of course with your real name. What?"

"But no one of us except for family members and the agency knows my real name? How can you just expose it to the world like that?"

"Who the hell would care?" Her mother was busy pulling her luggage out of the door, as if she really wanted her daughter out of the house. Soo Jung walked heavily to the door, while holding Pimpins, her little toy poodle. She then took her luggage and headed towards the limo waited for her out on the street.

"Bye dear. We'll miss you so much." Her douche husband came and joined his wife in this separation moment, with only a towel wrapping his under part of the body. Soo Jung decided to turn around and look at her mother the last time. When she saw the guy, she actually felt happier about the situation, since she didn't like her unemployed stepdad who used -tons of her money.

On her way to the high school, she thought a lot of her life, a lot more than any other time she did.

"I'm Krystal, a child star, the main actress of Autumn Leaves. I should be on the set, or going to some parties, or dates with Lee Seung Gi or Joo Won or some people, not sitting in here, waiting to be imprisoned." She thought to herself.

She always knew she was a shallow who only thought of herself, but she couldn't help it. She was the one who made the money, and she should have been the one who spent it, right? She took out a cigarette in her purse, lit the lighter and felt the smoke inside of her lung. It was not known since when she had this feeling, but she sure loved smoking. It was her habit to smoke when she thought that she had been thinking too much.

But well why making a big deal about it? It was not like she was in a love problem or something.

After 30 minutes of thinking and most of the time, falling asleep, she finally came to the school. It was huge, and quite far from the city center. She cheered herself up as she walked in. Her hair was messy, her face was moody and everything looked so depressing. She wouldn't go inside with this appearance, and under no circumstances she would. She ran to the restroom that was the closest to the place she stood and fixed up herself.

"OMG isn't that Krystal? Why is she here?" - said a girl to another girl in the bathroom.

"Yup that's definitely her. What is she doing here, wouldn't she be at rehab?"

She turned around and glared at the other girls. They didn't look as pretty as her toenail, that was what she thought.

As Miss “Krystal Jung” walked out of that restroom door, she looked like herself, a superstar. She catwalked herself to the principal's office. Boys didn't like her because of her indifferent looks, girls envied her beauty, and some of them became judgmental of her troubled past.

"Thank you for attending here. We hide your identity, so nobody would know that you go to our school, I believe it will be beneficial for both of us. And we will make sure no student body will spread a word about it." - The principal gave Soo Jung a student card and curriculum schedule.

"Your class is 11-5, you turn left then go upstairs, after that, please ask the security guard, he sits right next to the stairs. You'll be called Jung Soo Jung, even if you like it, or not. And it’s very good of you to wear an uniform on your first day. Thank you for your time." - said the principal.

"Good bye Mrs. Ahn and thank you."

Soo Jung found herself in the public eye again. Everyone was looking at her as if she was some kind of a weird creature. There were already some teens, probably freshmen, taking pictures of her and shared to their wacky friends. She didn't care much. She then took out a cigarette and smoked right in the hallway of the second floor.

"Did you smell that, girls?" - She heard a girl with a high-pitched voice said about her. Then seconds later, an army of three was in front of her. The girl in the middle took the cigarette out of Soo Jung’s mouth, threw it on the floor and stepped on it.

"You, pick it up and put it in the trash can, immediately!" The middle girl said loudly. Students around there started to turn around and observed.

"There's no "No smoking" sign around here so I thought smoking is permitted. What the hell was wrong with you, doing that kind of... throwing my cigarette on the floor?" Soo Jung looked the girl who stood opposite her right in the eyes. Her face was stoned cold.

"You are NOT supposed to smoke here ! That's on the board right there if your eyes can still see it . Don't even think for once that you can do whatever the hell you want because you're famous, Krystal. In this school, we cannot care less about your social status." The girl said that while taking the cigarette pack out of Soo Jung's purse (without permission, obviously), and throwing it in the trash can.

“You should have known that our alpha right here is allergic to cigarette smoke.” The girl on the side, who looked like a , tried hard to be relevant, but no one probably cared.

"You shouldn't have done that." Soo Jung shook her head, showing her disapproval. She jerked off a little. And then things got serious when she pulled the girl's hair and BOOM they started a fight.

They were pulling each other's hair, scratching on each other's face, then hit each other using their purses. This was never going to end. The blonde haired girl’s eyes was on fire, it seemed like she could scratch her opponent’s eyeballs. But it was not easy to take down Soo Jung. She kicked the blonde in the legs, the girl fell down and screamed in shame.

“ YOU!”

The “” gave blondie a baseball bat, and when she was about to swing hard, someone reached his hand and stopped it from hitting Soo Jung’s head.

Soo Jung looked up and she was caught in his dreamy eyes.

“Jin Ah! What are you doing? Stop!” He returned that bat to where it belonged, and pulled blondie away from the mess she made. Soo Jung stood up on her own, everybody started to part away. She was paralyzed for a few seconds, thinking nonsense about the cutie she saw earlier.

“Whoa Min Ho. What a hero!”

“There’s definitely a thing between Min Ho and Gina. It’s official!”

“They were together since 10th grade LOL.”

“No one can mess with the queen and her king!”

“What is so amusing about this Busan girl and her skinny friends? This school is freaky.” – And he was hit with a baseball bat.

 

_________________

 

Everyone was talking about the incident between two girls. All those little conversations of other students were over her head, but all she could think about was something in his sparkling eyes that she saw. It was certain that she just got a glimpse of her, because he was there for about a few seconds. Maybe this situation was something like people always said: love at first sight. But nothing was sure, and she could forget him a moment later.

“Min Ho it is.” She thought to herself, then smiled a little, just enough so that no one could see. She was used to being seen as “cold” and “indifferent.”

She messed with her gorgeous wavy brunette hair, while looking for a seat. She thought it was easy, that nobody doesn’t want to sit with a superstar. The result was not what she was expected. Every table was full, the main topic of everyone’s conversations was her, but no one wanted her as a lunch company. She hadn’t had that experience since her time in rehab, when nobody would communicate with her and she was never more lonely in her life. Her eyes was rolling around, looking for Min Ho, but he was nowhere to be found. Then she saw another lonely soul at a table far far away from where she stood. Actually, from everybody. She came and sat opposite a girl who was reading while being half-asleep.

That girl looked up to see who was sitting near her, since no one had done that for a long time. Her eyes blinked a few times, she couldn’t believe Krystal was that person. She was sitting at a lunch table with a superstar.

“Why are you here? I thought superstars, umm, people like you, it would be easier to find a fine seat with popular people?” She closed her book. “I’m Jung Eun Ji.” She said.

“Hi. Guess what, in this school I’m a loner as you haha. I’m…”

Soo Jung then saw a side of herself she thought she could hide from people. She lost her confidence when interacting with normal people. She became SHY – a trait that superstars don’t usually have.

“Krystal.” She replied in a heartbeat.

“I see. Guess what, us loners are roommates. Got an announcement from the school this morning.” Eun Ji replied Soo Jung’s not-so-welcome self-introduction, she knew just by looking at Soo Jung’s face, obviously she didn’t care about the girl in front of her, so Eun Ji was not in the mood to reply nicely.

Soo Jung recognized this kind of accent. Her father had it, since he was from Busan. She was not focused on the conversation, she was somewhere else, in the piece of mind where her father was alive and her family was happy as before.

“You superstars sure love diet. Don’t you ever get hungry eating just that much?” The Busan voice reminded her that she didn’t sit on her own.

“After rehab I lost my appetite. I drink at night and smoke every time. That is my breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eating this salad is just to make my stomach full. I hate it when it hurts.”

“I have a spare hamburger. You can have mine.” Now there was a smile. Eun Ji had this kind-hearted personality that might creep people out.

“I prefer not.” Soo Jung wiped after finishing her little amount of salad. After that it was pure silence.

 

_________________

 

It was a happy moment for Soo Jung, knowing school was over. She was the first person to rush out of class, leaving many things behind under her table. The first thing she did was calling her personal driver, but he didn’t pick up. In fact, he blocked her number. She knew it was her agency who stopped her from using the services. But no one could stop her from spending her own money, so she called a cab and went to the city center. It was a long way.

“Autumn leaves heh?” – Said the taxi driver. She didn’t bother to answer.

The cab stopped at a huge shopping mall. She paid the taxi driver a whole lot more of money than she had to. She went straight inside the shopping mall and her eyes were sparkling when she saw Versace’s new collection. She actually didn’t fancy this brand, but anyhow it is a luxury brand, and it was a joy when she bought from luxury brands. She wandered around, from stores to stores. Usually Meg was the one who followed her and held her shopping bags, but now she was carrying everything herself. She had everyone’s attention. Actually, her clothes did.

And everyone was now typing on their cellphones and taking pictures of her. It felt like her glory time was just yesterday.

Moments later…

“DRUG ADDICT GIRL IS NOW A SCHOOL GIRL”

“SEO WON HIGH SCHOOL HAS JUST GOT A VERY VERY BIG TROUBLE”

“SPOTTED! SOBER “AUTUMN LEAVES” STAR IS ROCKING THE ABCXYZ MALL WEARING HER NEW SEO WON UNIFORM”

“KRYSTAL JUNG IS GOING TO SCHOOL AFTER 2 YEARS IN REHAB”

“THE IS BACK AND NOW RULING THE PRESTIGIOUS SEO WON HIGH SCHOOL”

 

About five minutes later, probably all people in this country knew she went to Seo Won high school. Suspiciously looking around and thinking that trouble might come, Soo Jung unlocked her phone and saw 50 calls from her agency and 50 others from Meg. Shortly after, a message popped up.

“Oh .”

Soo Jung ran outside as fast as she could, and she called Meg at the same time, but the line was engaged. So fast that she broke her heels.

“No no no nonono no NO!” She screamed, helplessly.

Knowing that there was nothing she could do, she opened a box inside her brand new shopping bag, took out the red Louboutins with spikes and wore them with much confidence. She also put on her sunglasses and catwalked towards the exit, slowly and in style. She knew she had nothing left. As usual, she lit the lighter, and smoked like no one was there.

“ you all motherers.” – Her left arm was raising to the sky and she was giving people her middle finger, the other hand holding her cigarette.

Hardly when Soo Jung walked out of the door did a man wearing a big helmet pulled her hand and put her on his motorcycle. He then rode away immediately. She dropped her cigarette.

“Hey, what the hell! Who the are you? Why would you…”

It took her a few seconds to realize that she had forgotten all her shopping bags.

“Oh . Can you take me back to the mall please I forgot…”

“Shut the up.” He said.

The principal said no one would ever spread a word about her attending this school. At first she was afraid someone would, because she was famous, and everyone envied her. But no, Soo Jung ah, you bought this to yourself.

She couldn’t care less about what happened earlier, it was nothing compared to what she had gone through. What was on her mind the whole time was who could the knight in shining armor, or a savior wearing a helmet be. Could he be the guardian the agency was talking about? Was he going to be her dream or her nightmare?

 

________________________________________________________

 

There's not much to tell since it's the first chapter. The story will get more interesting in a few more chapters :)

And sorry for misspelled words. I'm still young and I have a lot to learn hehe.