Eclipse

Slice of Life with TakuJae

title: Eclipse
genre: drabble
warning(s): -
written by: shin-oppa

 

I was a lazy man, with bottles on my right and the phone on the left. You’d think once you hit your 20s, you’d know what to do with life. It’s as if changing the prefix helps you out in making decisions better. I don’t know who said that or what kind of adventures they had in order to release such a statement to the world. However, I know something for sure: it’s all bull. Changing your age, becoming an adult with a clearer perspective ahead hasn’t been something that worked well for the new generation.

Unfortunately, I’m one of them, one of those youngsters they keep talking about on the news. One that was having difficulties moving on, but it wasn’t because I didn’t know what to do with myself or because there weren’t enough opportunities. I enjoy the solitary confinement of my mind and found myself walking on a simpler path, one that included loneliness.

It wasn’t the kind of loneliness that brings people to the hospital in their attempt to draw attention, but one that gave me peace and allowed me to better understand who I am and what I am doing.

Though, in the end, I have more questions than answers.

So, another bottle goes away, another movie plays in the background and another dream sips through the cracks of my thoughts.

But him, oh he, is the opposite. Just like the sun burns brightly on the sky in the morning and the moon coldly peeks from beneath a blanket of darkness at night, so are we, two beings dancing and shifting throughout the day. Maybe that’s why I have been feeling even more confused lately, because I had a direction and I had a purpose. His presence stripped them away.

Now, all I see is his smile and the twinkle in his eyes (God, that’s cheesy, they should buy me perfume for my birthday because I stink). All I hear is his voice when he whines about something (or me; usually me) and hurries around the apartment when I’m pretending to be sleeping late. All I wish is for him to stay a little longer and warm up those starless evenings.

“Joon Jae?” He’s smiling again. Even when he’s worried, he doesn’t show it, yet I can feel it. In the small amount of time he has been on my shoulders, I learned everything there is to learn about him and it sometimes doesn’t feel enough.

“Hm?”

“What are you thinking about?”

And the worst part is that he’ll never know a thing. And I’ll never tell him. Because this thing we have, like the night and day, don’t belong together. They each follow a pattern and remain such. When they break it, nothing good comes out of it.

“Ah, there’s an eclipse tonight, want to see it?”

Only darkness, the same darkness I have been avoiding.

“Sure!”

I wish I could tell him everything.

“Takuya?”

“Hm?”

Not yet. I couldn’t, not yet.

“Nothing. Want to go?”

 

 

Author's Note:
Am I late for the party? Oops. Hello~ I'll probably end up writing more drabbles and dumping them here, hope you guys are okay with that.