Give all my toys away.

Give all my toys away.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Upon hearing Yoongi footsteps, Jimin turned his head slowly. As usual, each time Jimin saw Yoongi , he would flash his beautiful smile, bright and sunny like a fresh speck of sunlight after the dark, stormy night. " How are you today sweetheart ? I bought you some toys, " Yoongi said, as cheerfully as he could manage , trying to shallow the choking in his voice.

    His small , crescent eyes , lit up at the sight of the toys , multi-coloured trucks and cars, all in miniatures sizes. He laughed softly , grateful for Yoongi little gift. As he sat on the bed , playing with them, Yoongi watched him intently, tears blurring his vision. Jimin little face was sunken and pale, his complexion almost white, transclucent against the pastel covers of his hospital bed. When he moved , his skinny body racked with pain and this agony would followed by endless coughs till blood splurted from his mouth. Each time, Yoongi would look away, finding the pain unbearable to watch.

    Two years ago, Yoongi walked into this hospital , an undergraduate at a London University, struggling to pay up his tuition fees and living expenses. With his friend Hoseok , he was fortunate enough to be accepted as a counsellor at the children's ward in the hospital. He remember vividly, walking along the spotlessly clean corridors for the first time. Since then...... he had never looked back .

     "Yoongi hyung, why are you crying? Please don't cry" Jimin soft voice startled Yoongi. It was filled with concern and worry. " No sweetheart, I'm not crying. I'm just... so glad to see you." Yoongi lied to him, hurriedly wiping away the tears. Soon he heard little voices , chattering excitedly. Jimin's friend , Taehyung and Jungkook had come to play with him. The tiny play things caught their attention and they gasped in wonder. Then ,they would be lost in their own secret games and simple adventures.

      As students they were financially tight. The job helped them survive the challenges and obstacles being in a foreign land. Most of all , it taught them lessons in life that they could not acquire at the university, lessons about compassion, humanity , sharing and giving.It taught them about the fragility of life itself and the meaning of pain and sorrow. Hence, in free time... Yoongi and Hoseok would collect every cent they could spare to buy toys for the children at the hospital. Being with the kids was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter