Final.

Fall for Me

“Luhan! Luhaaaaan, stop! You’re tiring yourself!” Yixing chided as he ran after his best friend who was currently having the time of his life as he pranced along the hallways in happiness. In all fairness though, Luhan does have something that he should be happy about. His doctor had just declared him asthma-free the day before, and the man-child immediately thought of his soccer fantasies which he would be able to fulfill soon.

 

“Luhan, you just got out of the hosp– LUHAN!!!!!!!!!!” The younger Chinese male screeched as soon as he saw his best friend collide with Oh Sehun, their school’s MVP in basketball and well, Luhan’s crush.

 

Yixing would have dismissed that fact because knowing Luhan, he only created this ploy to get his crush’s attention if it weren’t for the fact that Oh Sehun was now clutching an unconscious Luhan on his grasp. Sehun looked worried, terrified even, at the sight of the innocent deer on his arms.

 

“Lu– Lu-ge!” Yixing screamed as soon as he completely understood the situation. He briskly walked over to where Luhan and Sehun were. “My goodness, this stupid, stupid deer!” He began prattling in Mandarin. “Why do you have to be so freaking stupid, Luhan, huh?! You are so stupid! I kept telling you not to run around and tire yourself–” He kept on babbling and hitting an unaware Luhan in the shoulder until a voice called out to him.

 

“Yixing-ssi?” The said male tilted his head a bit to find the source of the voice, and it was none other than Oh Sehun himself. “I think it would be best if we bring Luhan-ssi to the infirmary first.”

 

Yixing slapped his forehead with his own palm as he nodded. “Yes, yes, I am so, so sorry for this inconvenience, Sehun-ssi. My friend can be stupid at times.” The Chinese helped Sehun carry Luhan as the three of them made their way to the school’s clinic. “He was declared asthma-free yesterday by his doctor and he became overexcited, running around like that. He exerted his body again even though the doctor just told us yesterday that he should still be careful.” Yixing made a disapproving sound before shaking his head. “This Lu-deer, really,” he fondly ended.

 

Sehun did his best to keep the smile out of his face. He wouldn’t want Yixing to think that he is crazy, after all. Instead, he decided to just pay attention to the way Luhan’s lithe body feels against his.

 

When they reached the infirmary, the nurse immediately assisted them into laying Luhan down on an empty bed. Unfortunately for Yixing, the bell already rang, indicating the end of lunch period. “You can go ahead first, Sehun-ssi. Thank you so much for your help.” The gentle Chinese male thanked, bowing his head a little.

 

“Oh, Yixing-ssi, don’t you have class?”

 

Yixing’s eyes widened a bit. “How’d you know?”

 

“Well,” Sehun scratched his head as he smiled boyishly. “My friend Joonmyun has the class with you, right? He talks about you a lot.”

 

The blush in Yixing’s cheeks was unmistakable at the moment. Sehun decided to keep this small detail in, thinking that he could definitely tease his hyung because of this. “You go along, Yixing-ssi. I have free period right now so it won’t be a problem if I stay here.”

 

“Really?! Thank you so much, Sehun-ssi!” Yixing made a move to grab his bag. “Then, I will come back here later. Thanks, again!” The Chinese waved before dashing out the door.

 

--

 

Luhan woke up to the familiar sight of the school’s infirmary. He had been going in and out of the clinic ever since he entered high school because of his stubbornness. He loved playing soccer, and he tries to practice sometimes with his friend Kim Minseok, but somehow he always ends up in the infirmary because of his untimely asthma attacks.

 

He was about to sit up when he noticed someone next to his bed. His eyes widened, taking the look of a deer caught in the headlights when he realized who it was.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

Luhan’s ultimate crush.

 

“You’re awake now?” Sehun asked him. He silently swallowed before he remembered that he just woke up and his hair may or may not look like a bird’s nest. He immediately tried to sweep down his disarrayed hair without trying to look like a lunatic, but somehow he just ended up looking like one.

 

Sehun’s quiet chuckles made him blush a deeper scarlet. Great Luhan, now your crush thinks you’re absolutely insane, he sarcastically commented to himself.

 

“You fainted… straight into my arms. You know, if you wanted my attention, you didn’t have to go to such extremes.”

 

Luhan’s eyes widened at the claim. He stood up in front of Sehun, wanting to lecture the said male, when the younger suddenly held his wrist. “I’ve been watching you for a while now, you know? Whenever basketball practice ends, I always see you by the field, watching the guys playing soccer. And then one day, it just became a ritual for me.” Sehun’s eyes met his and all he could do was blink. “I’d intentionally go to the field even if it’s out of the way just to see you admiring those players. Then I thought to myself, ‘Ah, one day Luhan-ssi will be sitting by the bleachers of the basketball court watching me.’ ”

 

Silence stretched between them before Luhan laughed, his eyes crinkling. “Idiot,” he chuckled. Sehun was surprised at the way the Chinese was transformed because of too much laughter, but maybe that was just one of the things he would have to learn about him.

 

 


This was a drabble which was just sitting around on my fanfics folder so I decided to post it haha.