Eight.

Save Me.

You kiss his lips lightly and watch his eyes carefully. “Jimin, I-“

 

-----------------------

 

“I love you.”

He quickly says, kissing you again. You kiss him back, pulling away only to giggle.

 “Jimin... I love you so much.”

Your arms embrace his shoulders and pull him into a hug, which he quickly returns, wrapping his arms around your waist tightly.

-

“I’m sorry it took so long for me to see it this way.” You say after a few silent heartbeats.

“Me too.”

Jimin snickers.

He squeezes you so you can barely breathe and you tap his shoulders, beginning to laugh – or wheeze, rather. Chuckling, he lets you go, making sure you’re okay and you slap his shoulder, pretending to choke. He responds with a big-eyed pout and you start laughing for real and eventually sigh happily, leaning your head onto his chest. Jimin’s fingers trace shapes into your back and this calms your nerves and a smile perches on your lips, turning your head so your ear is against his sternum.

Jimin?” You mutter after a moment, eyes closed.

“Hmm..?” His chest vibrates, making you giggle to yourself.

“I’m feeling really sleepy… Can you carry me to bed?”

In reply, he kisses the top of your head and leans you up, picking you up easily, bridal-style. “Of course, Jagiya.” You smile up at him, liking how the pet-name sounds coming from his lips, like honey off a comb.  He smiles at you before looking up to carry you to his bed. Watching him, you lose yourself in the way he laughs as he pretends to almost run you into the wall and when he pretends to drop you on the bed you cling to his chest, punching him gently.

Your head still dizzy, though you couldn’t tell if it was from the sensation he gave you or the alcohol coursing through your blood.

Though the journey in his arms was short-lived, it seemed like a lifetime in the moment. The buzz had you attached to Jimin tightly for fear of tumbling to the ground.

He laughs and sets you carefully on the bed, pulling the covers up so you are fully sheltered in the down comforter and sheet. You cutely peek only your head out from under them and he takes the chance to plant a kiss on your rosy cheek.

You stick out your tongue a tiny bit and tease, “You missed.” His lips find yours for a brief second.

-

After a minute of messing with him and just talking nonsense in your euphoric state, you let out a large yawn and Jimin stands up.

“Goodnight, Jagiya.” He says softly, turning off the light and opening the door.

You curl up in the warm covers, but you feel like something’s missing.

“Wait… Jimin?” Already half-way through the door, he stops to look at you.

“Yeah?”

“Can… Can you stay with me?”

A small smile appears that reaches to his eyes and he nods, slowly returning to the bedside, trying to take in as much of the moment as possible. You see the hall light turn off and Jimin as he switched the bedside lamp on so he could see you properly. Sitting on the side of the bed, he moves the hair out of your face. You close your eyes, exhaustion taking hold of you.

His fingers find their way into your hair and you wrap an arm lazily across his waist, quickly pulling on him so he lays on the bed next to you. Turning to hug him, you release his waist and grab his free hand, pressing it against your lips. He shifts down so he’s facing you, head on the pillow.

Jiminnie….” You breathe out, voice no more than a tiny whisper, “Don’t go away… …chaebal.

“I’m always going to be by your side, _______.” He whispers. A hum leaves your barely parted lips, too tired to speak now.

 -

You fall asleep finally, hand-in-hand with Jimin, your once more, best friend.

 

 

 

-------

사랑해요 <3

~Nuna