Five.

Save Me.

This seems to sober him just a little and he jumbles a yell after you – something along the lines of “good riddance” – as you storm out of the club, too angry to feel anything.

 

---------------------------

 

You walk home, angry and cold now as the temperature dropped from inside the club. Angry thoughts plague your mind as you curse Jin over and over, running over all the times before when he’d make a remark against you and Jimin.

“Jealousy makes a man weak.” You mutter, defending yourself.

Each step blurred into the next as your mind lit like wildfire, burning through four years of the relationship. Your feet ached for standing too long, but you trudged on, your indignant emotions providing a scapegoat for your mind to focus on instead. Subconsciously, you shivered, though you barely felt the breeze. 

By the time you got the apartment building, you were exhausted emotionally, on the verge of tears shivering fiercely. You stood outside the front door, looking up at your fourth-floor window, the one that you and Jin shared.

What would you do now?

You wondered if Jimin had a girl over, or if it would even be okay to say anything to him. Were all those years truly lost?

You wipe your makeup smeared face and gather your confidence. “Better late than never.” You say with false confidence.

“Better late than never what?” A friendly voice causes you to jump back and scream a little. Turning, you were merely fifteen feet away from your ex-best friend, Jimin. His hands are full of groceries and you smile widely upon seeing him, all pride flying out the window. He returns with a signature smirk. The built-up emotion of seeing him makes a tear fall down your cheek.

You run and wrap him in a hug. “Jiminie, I’m so sorry for not saying this sooner, but I really am sorry for yelling at you, and slapping you, and not resolving things.” He hugs you back, dropping the bags. His familiar cologne sends nostalgia running hot down your spine, instantly making you feel at ease.

“_______, I’m sorry too, I’ve really missed you. I was being so selfish, I’m sorry for getting in between you and Jin like that.” You release him and look down at your feet.

Jimin… I’m sorry for not listening to you. You were right all along.” He looks confused when you return your gaze to his. “I broke up with Jin tonight… He turned what was supposed to be a fun night out into a drunk starring me, without saying anything to me.” Jimin narrowed his eyes in confusion.

“Excuse me?”

“I decided to take Jin out for a couple drinks and to dance at his favorite club, but as it turned out, he invited all of his friends and they had a lot more than a couple shots.” Jimin shook his head and grabbed his bags once more. “One of his friends d me and Jin played it off as if I wanted it and even told me to cheat on him with one of them.” Jimin cursed him under his breath and gestured for you to go inside, considering you were still shivering. “He didn’t even apologize.” You add, voice beginning to fail as emotion curled into a lump in your throat.

“Why don’t we talk more at my place, I’ll make us something to eat.” He says, showing you one of the bags with dumplings. That’s when your stomach growled and you realized you were hungry.

“You don’t… Have anyone over?” You ask, thinking back to the girls leaving his apartment.

He blushed a little. “Oh, no… That… was just a blind-date thing. Nothing happened, with any of them… I promise.” Jimin looks at you, hopeful that you’d believe him.

You smile and nod in faux understanding. "Sure." You state, blushing a little as you look around you, avoiding eye contact with Jimin. Confusion and misunderstanding made your stomach uneasy and even though you should believe him, after what you saw, you needed more explanation than that.

 "_______, I'm serious. Yeah, I'd kiss them good-bye, but it was on the cheek and nothing serious. I'm sorry. I'm sorry if... it hurt you." His voice sounded hopeful for a different reason now, making your anxious nerves worse.

You laugh awkwardly and lead the way upstairs, mixed emotions causing your words to collide in your throat, not a single thing emerging from your lips to defend yourself.

-

Once settled in Jimin’s apartment, you decided to quickly shower off the sweat and changed into one of his baggy shirts and sweatpants.

You finger-combed your hair as you entered into the kitchen and hugged Jimin’s back, making him stop concentrating on the food to blush and look at you. You dug your face into his shoulder and breathed in his warm, soothing scent. “______... I…” He stutters to silence.

Your arms tighten around his lean waist and you interrupt his thoughts. “I missed you so much, Jiminnie.” Thought simply stated, you meant everything in the world in your words. Every bit of heartache and regret and stress from the past month. You really missed him.

Jimin unhooked your arms so he could face you, hugging you back. “______, I missed you, too. It made me realize how little friends I had without you nagging at me about everything.” He snickered, making your head bounce a little on his chest. You smile, giggling quietly with him, listening for his heartbeat. It seemed to be beating more than usual and you looked up at him. He turned his face, but you noticed the blush on his cheeks and the way he started to bite at his lip. You giggled to yourself and walked over to the cabinet where you knew he kept his liquor. Frowning slightly when you only found a bottle of soju, you grabbed it and turned to him, your expression wanting an answer.

“I thought I had more than just this in here?”

He nervously rubbed the back of his head. “I was really lonely…” He says, turning back to the food.

 

----------------------

 

Don't forget to upvote, fancies!

Unfortunately, I think there are only a couple more chapters left of the story; though I really just want to keep going. ;A;

Chapter 6 will be up on Sunday, the 16th <3

Omo, these .gifs are getting so difficult to find. I'm so picky ;n;

Anyways, BIG BIG Thank you to everyone who has subscribed and upvoted so far. YOU DA REAL MVP <3

Saranghaeyo~~

~Nuna