Two

The Voicemail of Jeon Jungkook

This would be the last ring. I’ll make sure this would be the last ring.

 

Beep

“JUNGKOOK-AH! WHERE ARE YOU? I’M IN THE EDGE OF TEARS. OH MY GOD. JUNGKOOK WHERE ARE-“

Beep

 

“Jin-hyung.”

 

A soft voice cut the high pitched scream from the phone. His cold lips were closed tightly again after said a name that very familiar in his mouth. The wind was howling like a ghost in the quiet night where everybody supposedly to be in deep sleep.  But this particular boy was not.

 

“THANKS GOD YOU FINALLY ANSWERING. JUNGKOOK WHERE-“

“I’m safe, Jin-hyung. You don’t need to worry. I’m just sitting in some random bench in some random park.”

“Oh. It’s good to hear. But why you-“

“Just tell the others I’ll call them back and I’ll be back in 10 minutes. Bye, hyung.”

 

And with that, the boy ended the call. He sighed and gave a last look to the object that had been under his interest for the past two hours; a single streetlight that was in the middle of struggling to remain lit. That night nobody was there, not even a homeless. Even a stray cat refused to go out and hunt some rats. But Jungkook was there.

 

He sighed again and picked up his phone. His hand was busy searching for some phone numbers while his other free hand was inside his black jacket pocket; searched for some warmness that he could get in his warm dorm, with his friends.

 

He finally found an exact phone numbers and he dialed it.

 

Beep

“Jungkook-ah, is that you?”

 

A deep voice fulfilled his ear drums. The voice flowed in the same way as heavy and warm soup flow his once sore throat; it was relaxing and healing.

 

“Yes, this is me, Namjoon-hyung.”

“You still alive, eh?”

 

This time, his lips shaped a small smile and his expression was telling us ‘Ah, he care about me’.

 

 “Hahaha so funny, Hyung.”

“Have you call Jin? He is gone mad you know.”

“Yes. I called him first.”

“Good. Now, you ing kiddo who made the hyungs panic, go back to dorm and sleep. I don’t want to see you sleep after Suga-hyung.”

“LOL okay.”

 

And that call ended. He looked back and he still could see the struggling streetlight.

 

Beep

“Jungkook...?”

 

A sleepy voice of a man came from another line. ‘I thought his voice is higher than this, is he having some bad and dirty dreams???’ he said in his head. The boy chuckled with his own idea before answered the man on the phone.

 

“Yes, it’s me, Jimin-hyung.”

“JUNGKOOK?! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?”

 

A very high pitched scream.

 

The sleepy voice was like never existed in the first place; this voice was filled with worries, happiness and relieved in the same time. And high note, of course.

 

 “I’m on the way to dorm. So don’t worry.”

“How I supposed to not worry??? The things those people said in twitter mentions are so-”

“I don’t care about it again.”

“Huh? Really?”

“Yes. And now, please go to your bed again and you’ll see me in the morning; snoring so loudly.”

 

A mumbling came from the other line and a giggled came from the cold lips that soon enough got warmer. This call too ended fast like the other calls.

 

He turned his body and he could still look at the struggle streetlight. It was still struggling so hard. But Jungkook noticed that light didn’t get any lighter but darker.

 

He searched another phone numbers.

 

Beep

“Hobie-hyung?”

 

This time Jungkook greeted first.

 

“JUNGKOOK!”

 

Once again, a smile showed in his angelic face.

 

“Yeah it’s me. What are you doing at this time?”

“What am I doing?? AND YOU ASKING ME? Your head must get hit something hard yesterday.”

“My head is fine, Hyung.”

“Where are you seriously, Magnae? I’m so worried you know. And I feel very guilty.”

 

An expression showed up in his face; confused.

 

“Guilty? Why???”

“The others told me that they’re leaving a voicemail about the thing that happened on twitter. And I didn’t do anything. The entire thing that worried me was only the girl group night. I’m such a bad Hyung, am I? I’m not wo-“

“Yes, you are, Hobie-hyung.”

“….How do you know what I’m going to talk about?”

“You are worried about me. I know that. You aren’t only care to the girl group night. It’s my fault to skip it even when I know how much you like it. It’s my bad. And you don’t need to give me another lecture. I have enough.”

“Are you sure? My lectu-”

“Yes.”

“Just let me speak a sentence, will you? Just a sentence.”

“Fine.”

“Nobody decide what the best for you, only you can give yourself the best decision.”

“Well, that’s a good quote.”

“Why you don’t take me seriously, you punk.”

“Hahahahaha I’m sorry~~. Thank you, Hoseok-hyung.”

 

And with that, the phone call was ended.

 

Jungkook looked around and realized that he didn’t move that much for previous place. Then he decided to take a sit on random bench and opened his phone again. While was waiting for the phone call to connect, he looked to the struggling streetlight. Now the light was even darker.

 

Beep

“Taehyung-hyung?”

 

He didn't reply him. ‘Guess he’s sleeping already’, he thought.

 

“I’ll just go on then. You probably will get this voicemail this morning, when you awake. So, Hyung, thanks for everything. I won’t be sad anymore and won’t care anymore. And about your cover thingy, do you want me to help? I probably won’t do any cover for now; I want the fans to hear more yours, Jin’s hyung and Jimin’s hyung voice.”

Beep

 

Only one more person to call and before Jungkook did it, he looked the streetlight from the corner of his eyes. It was turn off. The street was darker than ever.

 

Beep

“Hey, you punk.”

 

He couldn’t help himself to not smiling.

 

“Yes, it’s me, your punk.”

“Where are you? You better right in front of dorm or I’m gonna crash your girly cosmetic collection.”

“Wait, WHAT. NO, DON’T YOU DARE, HYUNG. AND IT’S NOT GIRLY COSMETIC.”

“Oh, I dare, Magnae.”

“Please, I beg you, don’t. I’m on my way to dorm, I’m serious.”

“It’s better true.”

“It’s true.”

“I trust you then.”

“Oh yes Hyung, you should trust me and I wanna say thank you to you.”

“For?”

“Your voicemail. It’s very infires, man.”

“Not that joke again.”

“It’s still very funny, Hyung.”

“Get your ing here, you pun-”

“Bye, Hyung! The bus is here!”

Beep

 

And Jungkook didn’t really lie about the bus. The bus was really arriving a few meters in front of him. He got up for his seat and took a glance towards the struggle streetlight. Now, it was shining brightly. And it would be shining for the rest of it life.

 

In the morning…

“OH MY GOD, I FELL ASLEEP. JUNGKOOK LEFT A VOICEMAIL. WHERE IS HE. WHERE IS JUNG-“

 

PLAKK

 

A voice of slapping cut the panic scream of Kim Taehyung and it echoed through the dorm. Even Jimin who busy did his business in the bathroom heard it and peeked from the bathroom door.

 

“What voice is that?” he asked. Rapmonster who waited next to the bathroom with a towel and a new pair of underwear replied him, “Jin-hyung slapped Taehyung.”

 

In the living room there was Taehyung who was sitting in the floor with Jin hovered him with such a scary face.

 

“Shut your mouth down or I’ll poisoning your breakfast,” Jin threatened Taehyung for the first time ever. Taehyung looked extremely confused and asked for some help to anyone in there. Too bad, no one wanted to mess out with tired and stressed Jin.

 

“What’s actually happen?” asked Taehyung to Namjoon while Jimin already gone to the bathroom again.

 

Namjoon just chuckled and said, “He’s back, Tae. Jungkook. He arrived in the dorm around three in the morning, definitely before me and Yoongi-hyung and immediately went to sleep.”

 

“He called everyone, right?” said Hoseok who suddenly joined the talk. “Yes, he is. And you didn’t answer the call,” Rapmon said while pointing at Taehyung.

 

“The points are he’s back and shining,” said Suga without opened his eyes. He was actually overheard everything since he lied on the couch near there. Everyone just ignored him and continued their talk while waiting for the bathroom with Jungkook snoring loudly from his room.