leaving

a rich boyfriend?

       "You ditched school and went to eat?" Chunji said in a low voice. I can hear anger in his voice, I didn't answer because i don't know what to say. This is my first time getting into a situation like this. We both just stay there no one talking at all. Luckily, Chunji hone ring breaking the silent. Chunji answer his phone, but his eyes never leave me.

       "Hello?....Right now?....Okay I will be there in 20 minutes" Chunji frown, I sign in relief. Chunji look up at me, I finally look into his eyes " I have to go" Chunji signed. I nods and start to walk toward my house. However Chunji step right in front of me and open his arms wide. I got the hint so I lean in and hug him. I try to let go, but he won't let go

       "Today, I went to Yoseob class, the teacher didn't show up. His friends asked if we wanted to play basketball and we agreed. The loser had to buy lunch that's why we went to eat at a nearby restaurant" I don't know why, but I feel like I should explain everything to him. I don't want him to misunderstand anything.

       "I believe you; sorry for how I sounded earlier"' He whisper above my head and plant a quick kiss on my forehead. I get a weird feeling like I'm anxious and my breath become instable. My body heats up like I have a fever. It's weird, what's happening? I don't know I think I'm sick

      "I'm leaving I will pick you up tomorrow morning" Chunji pulls away

       "Don't you always?" I smile, Chunji smile back slowly turning back to his old self

I watch as the limo drive away, I turn and enter my house. Dad is probably in his room watching Running Man. I took a quick shower, as I was drying my hair

       "Minji come down here. I need to tell you something" my dad shout from downstairs

       "Coming" I brush my hair once again before jogging down stairs. I found my dad sitting in his usually chair. A figure sitting opposite from my dad having his back turns to me. 

       "I didn't know we have a guest..." the figure turns around to face me "Uncle!!!!!" I jumped down the last few steps and give my uncle a big hug. "What are doing here?" I finally let go of him

       "He have a business trip next week so instead of leaving on next Monday we will move this Friday" my dad smile at me. I couldn't smile back, my mind went blank. Friday? We're moving on Friday? What day is today? 

       "F-Friday?" I stutter still not sure if I'm hearing it right

       "Yes tomorrow" my uncle inform. SHOCK tomorrow? I'm moving tomorrow? How can I just leave tomorrow I just told Yoseob that I will leave on Monday. Should i even tell him tomorrow? I think I should just leave without telling anyone.

       "We're going to pick you up third period so go pack right now. Only bring important stuff" my dad dimiss.

Without thinking much about what's they're planning. All I can think about right now is that I'm leaving to a foreign country tomrrow. I just sit on my bed and stare into space. I found myself thinking about Chunji, how would he feel after finding out that I went to Japan? Would he be sad and get over me in few days? Or....What am I thinking? I need to stop thinking about Chunji. I only said yes to him when he asked me out because of his money....Okay i lied I liked him that's why I said yes. I DO LIKE HIM, i admits to myself. I don't feel like going to school.

*Be mine, I love you okay? I'm worry about you okay? I will take care of you until the end*

I feel sad and guilty as I look at who is calling me. I sign, walks down the stairs pass my uncle and dad. I put on my shoes and walks out to get some fresh air. I press the button call back when I was outside.

       "Hello?" 

       "Minji, is it okay if I come to your house right now?" Chunji ask, I panic a little thinking back to my uncle. Chunji will know something's up if he goes to my house.

       "Um...sure, you can hang out with my dad since I'm not home" i joke, the air suddenly get colder. Chunji laugh, I smile at his angelic voice

       "No I rather hang out with out with you. Where are you?" 

       "Walking on my street" I kick a little rock that was in my way

       "By yourself?" Chunji is always so protective

       "Yes" I answer

       "That's dangerous" Chunji whisper

       "Yes I know so come quickly. It's so cold and creepy" I complains, Chunji quickly hang up. I walks super slow, my street is so long. It's too dark to walk to the other ends so I just sit down with the spotlight shine on top of my head. Should I tell him? Fifteen minutes pass, I was about to walk again. Chunji limo stops right in front of me, I got scared and jump back. Chunji steps out of the car, I thought he's going to hug me instead he hit me lightly on my head. 

       "Ow" I rub it, but honestly it doesn't hurt at all

       "That's for walking by yourself at night" Chunji scold

       "But you're here now" I smile

       "Of course I will go anywhere as long as you're there" Chunji pull me into his chest. It's so warm and comfortable. Chunji turns around to his limo "ajusshi you can go first I will call you later" the limo drives away. 

       "Let's go to the park" I look up at Chunji, he nods. He warp his arm over my shoulder as we walk down the street. The park is kind of empty. I guess no one go to the park at this time. 

       "Swing!!!" I spot the empty swing and run over. I haven't been to this park in a long time. Chunji sit down on the bench, he close his eyes. He seems to be very tired today I wonder what happened. I think I should cheer him up a little today might be our last day that we get to be like this. I will see him tomorrow morning, but then I will be leaving in third period. I jumps down the wing, my landing wasn't perfect, but I manage to not fall to the floor.

       "Careful" Chunji warn like an old man

       "I know" I walks over and sit down next to him on the bench. He scoots next to me and place his head on my shoulder.

       "Are you tired?" i ask

       "A little bit" he answer honestly. I scoot toward the end of the bench. He looks at me confuse, I pat my lap; he smile as he get the hint. He put his legs on the bench, lay down and place his head on my lap. I his blondish hair, he grab onto my hand and hold it in his. 

*Be mine, I love you okay? I'm worry about you okay? I will take care of you until the end*

Chunji chuckle when he heard my Infinite ringtone. I reach inside my pocket and pull out my phone

       "hello?" 

       "Minji where are you?Come home so we can take your uncle to eat. We're hungry" my dad said

       "Oh I'm at the park. Can you and uncle come pick me up....Okay bye dad tell uncle that I'm sorry for not greeting him properly earlier" I hang up, I see a frown on Chunji's face. I know he heard the conversation. However, he didn't move an inch

       "Chunji I have to go soon" I moves my legs, Chunji sit up slowly

       "Why? We barely spend time together" Chunji slouch on the bench

       "Chunji we goes to the same school" 

       "Yeah, but we barely spends time alone and go on romantics dates" Chunji whine kicking the ground like a five years old. "Tomorrow is Friday, let's go on a date" Chunji eyes lights up. I feel as if my heart is being stab. Tomorrow is Friday, let's get back to the reality. 

       "Where should we go tomorrow?" Chunji sits up straight lost in his own word

       "Chunji I have something..." i began

**BEEP** my dad car pull up to the side walk

       "Oh your dad and uncle are here" Chunji wave to my dad "bye I will see you tomorrow, I will pick you up tomorrow  okay?" Chunji smile brightly. What is this feeling inside my chest, it feel so heavy. Chunji turns around and head toward the limo that's been waiting. Ajusshi will never leave Chunji side even if Chunji ordered him to.

 

 

       "Who was that? Your boyfriend?" my uncle ask when I got to the car

       "He the kid that lend us the money" my dad scoff

       "He have that much money?" my uncle ask in surprise

       "He's a spoil son of a rich company. I guess he used his dad money and try to date my little girl that's a no no" he shakes his head

       "No, dad he worked for his own money. He worked like crazy trying to help people. His daily work is more than your weekly work and he have to go to school too" I defend Chunji, he work so hard my dad have no right to say that he used his dad money.

       "Whatever you say. We're going to Japan tomorrow you won't be seeing him" 

       "I know" I lean back on my seat staring out the window. Ignoring my dad who continue to badmouthing Chunji. Uncle seem to notice my discomfort he quickly change the subject.  My phone vibrate i open it 

*New message* I click open

 

Having fun with your dad and uncle? :)    From: Chunji

 

Nope my dad is talking so much  :/ We are going to eat dinner

 

What are you planning to order?   From: Chunji

 

I don't know we are not there yet 

 

what restaurant are you guys going to?  From: Chunji

 

A restaurant in Gangnam the one that really famous

 

Oh that one, you should order octopus they made best octopus there. I won't bother you anymore have fun :)   From: Chunji

 

Dinner was boring, Chunji was right the octopus taste really good. Dad and uncle totally ignore me. I took a Japanese class before so I know the basic. I immediately go to my room while my uncle and dad discuss about Japan. I try to sleep, but I just lay there thinking...of course about Chunji. I few hours of sleep before the alarm rings waking me up. i roll over and turn it off. I was getting ready for school when the door bell rings.

       “Good morning” Chunji greet with a big smile on his face. “wow you are ready”

 

       “Yup today I woke up early I don’t know why” I lied I knew exactly why I couldn’t sleep. I found out that I like Chunji more than I thought, but I can’t tell him that. I sign without knowing

       “What’s with the sad face early in the morning?”

       “I’m just tired” I walk to the kitchen “Do you want breakfast I will make it?” I ask out loud

       “No you’re tired I will make it” Chunji pat my shoulder smiling

       “That right last time when you cooked I barely eat one and you chase me out to the street.” I recall

       “Then I will make it up today” Chunji take off his jacket and put on the pink apron that was belong to me

       “You look good in pink” I compliment him 

       “Thank you” unexpectedly Chunji lean down and kiss me on the cheek. I was shock, he start to whistle and went to look for eggs in the fridge. I watch his back view as he cook, he got skinnier. I hope he doesn’t over work himself. Whoever going to be Chunji wife she is a very lucky person. I just hope that I can forgets him as time passes. This is my first time experiencing this. I don't know if I can even forget him at all

       “Tadah” Chunji place the perfect egg down on the table with a heart ketchup.

       “That heart killed it” I joke,

       “That’s my feeling for you…” Chunji pout I feel like someone just stab my heart I hate this feeling of guilt

       “I didn’t know that we have company” uncle smile at Chunji, thank god he came.

       “My name is Chunji” Chunji bow politely, my uncle pat his back

       “No need to be formal, you are her classmate?”

       “um…” Chunji looks at me; I glare at him “yes I’m her classmate”

       “Minji today…” My uncle began. CRAP

       “Uncle should Chunji make eggs for you, you are hungry right? Chunji make one for him” I push Chunji into the kitchen.

       “So you haven’t told him yet” uncle whisper as I came out of the kitchen

       “I don’t plan to tell him” I signed for the second time this morning

       “He going to be upset” my uncle said seriously

       “I know…but” i was cut off my Chunji voice calling from the kitchen

       “Minji I need help” Chunji call from the kitchen.

       “yes?”

       “Your uncle saw the heart on your egg; would he hate me if I don’t put a heart on his egg?” Chunji ask, he always fair to everyone

       “hahaha, you don’t have to” I slap him playfully , he’s so funny.

       “Here you can bring it out to him I will make another one for your dad” Chunji give me the plate.

       “No you don’t have to we’re going to be late” I pull him out “here uncle enjoy your food we have to go school”

       “Okay I will pick you up later” uncle inform

       “No its okay I always give her a ride after school” Chunji smile, my uncle open his mouth to say something, but I pull Chunji to the front door.

       “What’s the hurry, here my business card call me whenever you need help” uncle hand Chunji a black business card

       “You work in Japan uncle; how can you help him?” I roll my eyes

       “You never know” uncle went back to the kitchen

       “I like him” Chunji said as we got in the limo

First period was normal, but I’m not in the mood to lean so I just stare out of the window. Second period started, she’s the teacher whom I told about Japan. A piece of paper land on my desk; I look behind, Chunji nod at me. I open the piece of paper.

 

You seem sad, what’s wrong?:(

 

I’m just tired nothing’s wrong don’t worry 

 

I toss the paper back, Chunji smile in relief as he read it. Few minutes before second period ends, after this class I’m going straight to the airport.

       “Oh that’s right I forgot” my teacher slaps her forehead “Minji on Monday you will move to Japan right? Are you planning to not tell your classmate at all?” everyone look at me. Everyone burst out million questions at once the whole class beocme a riot

       “She’s moving?” one of the girl whisper

       “Japan?” another person whisper

       “She didn’t want to tell us?” A girls scoff as if she actually cares about me moving

       “Monday? Today is Friday” another nuisance person gasp

       “Yes, Chunji is available” some girls celebrate

They start to whisper different stuff, I just look at my desk like it’s the most interesting thing in the world. I hear a chair moved behind me, even without looking up I know its Chunji. Suddenly the class door open

       “Chunji there an emergency, you need to be in the office NOW” our P.E teacher said breathlessly. Chunji hesitate, but the teacher grabs him and pulls him away.

       “Oh okay everyone back to our lesson” The teacher turn back like nothing happen, I swear I want to punch her so bad. The bell ring, everyone one quickly grab their stuff probably run to their friends to announce that Chunji is going to be single next Monday. Not a single person say bye to me since they are mad that I didn’t plan to tell them, not like they care anyways. I pack my stuff and slowly walk to the office where my uncle and dad are waiting

       “What’s with the long face?” Yoseob around his arm around my shoulder

       “Yoseob, to be honest I got this news pretty late, but I’m leaving for Japan today....actually right now”

       “What? I thought you said Monday I plan some events on the weekend before you move away” Yoseob frown

       “My uncle came and we need to leave with him before he goes to his next business trip” I sign looking at Yoseob sad face, I wonder how Chunji is feeling.

We got to the office uncle and dad already there, Yoseob hug me goodbye. We exit the school and head for the airport. The airport as kind of crowded, many people are traveling to other countries. Couples kissing; kids crying; people talking and I'm getting so dizzy. My seat was next to the window, uncle next to me and dad is behind us. I stare out the window, the plane is slowly moving.

       “Are you alright?” my uncle ask

       “Of course why wouldn’t I be?” I force a smile, my eyes are burning as I force the tears to stay in.

       “You can cry if you want to” uncle pat my head

       “Why would I…cry?” I choke on my words, tears immediately falls down my cheeks, I couldn’t fake it anymore. I really like Chunji and leaving him is making my heart feel like it’s going to break into pieces.