Chapter 3

They don't know.

Chanyeol POV

I watched Tiny ahead of me. She was actually kind of pretty. But being popular at school wasn't easy. Just because I could probably get anyone based on my status, didn't mean I should. I was judged with each girl I dated. But this girl seemed worthit. And unlike the others, I actually wanted her. Maybe it was because she wasn't the first one to kiss my shoes.

Jae POV

"Achoo!" I sneezed.

"Bless you!" Tao called.

"Thanks!" I shouted back.

Arriving at the convenient store I picked up a couple packs of soda before turning to leave. I looked for the boys and found them in the candy section. 

"I'm leaving!" I called.

The tall boy came up to me and held out his hand, "What's your name?"

"Jae." I replied shaking it.

"You know," I began putting my hands on my hips. "You guys aren't like, normal kingkas..." I huffed up my chest and mocked what stereotypical popular guys were like, "...walking around, ignoring people with their noses high." I heard him laugh.

I bowed, "See you tommorow!" and left the store. Then I stopped and ran back in.

Lay POV

Dots or Skittles...I pondered. Dots get stuck in my teeth, but skittles hurt after a wh-

"DIMPLES!" I heard someone call.

I shot up bumping my head on the shelf. "Ow..."

I saw Jae come back, "What do you w-"

She picked up my hand and my eyes widened in suprise as she shook it, "Nice to meet you," she smiled before leaving.

Tao came over and grabbed my hand, " I want a handshake!" He pouted.

"Baby," I slapped him on the shoulder.

"Lay." I heard a deep voice say, I was in trouble, but for what?

"Yes..yeol?"

"How do you know her?" he raised a brow.

"She's in my class...?"

"Okay." And he walked away.

Anyways...Dots..? Skittles...

Jae POV

I arrived home to a wailing Min, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEEEN" he was on the floor rolling.

"What are you-"

"I'm so thirsty!!" he wailed.

Just then I heard a knock on the door. I threw the sodas at him and he giggled as I walked to peep through the door.

It was not what I expected.

I saw two extremely handsome guys standing outside. What was the harm in opening the door for beautiful men?

I opened and smiled, "Can I-" A gun pointed to my face.

"Move." The smallest one replied.

"Who-" he pushed me aside.

I saw Min sit up quickly, "What's going on?" he looked at me. But I was a bit frightened.

"Can we help you?" he said putting aside the sodas and approaching the man with no gun.

"We want all the money you've got and that TV and...those shoes." The man ordered.

"Dude. You can't barge into someone's house and-"

BLAM! The other man shot into the wall. "Give."

Min backed up, "Leave Jae," he said gravely.

"I'm not leaving without you! Look, take what you want but we don't have much." I stated.

The obvious leader of the two walked over to me and held up my chin, "I wouldn't mind taking a pretty girl with me either," he smiled revealing 2 silver teeth.

Now that he was closer I could see the seams in his face. "Oh no, its you. It's him! Min! It's those guys who get surgery to-"

"Ssssh. It's a surprise." he smiled.

I wanted to scream. But he put a finger up, "You make noises and I have no problem cutting out noises coming from him," he pointed at Min who was standing defiantly against the man with the gun.

I crossed my arms, "Fine, do what you want. Just don't touch him." I had a plan.

"Where's the money?" he sneered.

"I'll get it." I spun around towards the drawers. There were two tasers. I pulled out some cash and walked around behind Min who had an idea of what I was doing. He held his hand out discreetly as I place one in it and he pulled his hand up his sleeve so they couldn't see it and I did the same.

The men turned back from examining the television and the shorter one noticed our stances. "Boss," he pointed.

The leader held out his hands, "What have you got there?"

I stepped forward, "Something that'll shock you," I yelled and my taser into his stomach as it shocked him. Min did the same to the other man who shot his gun at the same time. I saw Min crumple.

"Oh no. Oh no no no" The two robbers lay unconsious as I pick Min up.

"Min? Oppa? Oppa say something! I bought you soda you owe me! Please.."

"..heh..is that what you really want me to be talking about with my..last words?" He scrunched his face and groaned.

"Where? Where? I'll call the ambulance!" I dialed 911 as I saw Min dragging himself to the couch.

"They're coming." I announced walking to him.

"Come on oppa. You promised you'd eat pizza with me," I said pointing to the cold pizza. "You just got a job! You can't lose this one too!" tears began to form in my eyes, "I can't lose you too.." I put my forehead on his.

"...Aw..now now.." he said patting me.

---

I heard sirens and I woke up to Min staring at the ceiling. He was gone. My heart broke. Parents and now my best friend and my brother. I've never felt so alone. I saw the two men getting arrested and I sighed in relief knowing at least they won't kill anyone else anymore.

After several attempts, they were finally able to Min away from me. As the sirens and all the officials cleared out a detective walked up to me. He smiled, revealing dimples.

"Do you..have any parents?" he questioned, I shook my head no.

"Are you going to be able to financially support yourself?" I shrugged. What was the point? I had nobody left. No one to go on for.

I then heard someone say, "Appa, mother wan-" he stopped.

I sighed without looking up, "I don't want anymore pity or anymore questions, I want everyone to-" I looked up and stopped.

Oh no. It was Dimples. What was he doing here? I don't want anybody to judge me! I stepped back reflexively.

The dectective shooed him, "I'm in the middle of something,"

He nodded and slowly walked out, not taking his eyes off of me. I felt my face grow hot.

"Well." The detective said closing his notebook. "You're 18. So living alone is legal. You have a week to find out what you're going to do with yourself."