A Gift

Check
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two moths since I meet him. I guess I just can’t easily trust any nice guy in this world. Well, he said that he would give me a call and take me to lunch the week after we met, but all I got is nothing after two months.

“Do you want to watch movies this weekend?” Wendy ask me from kitchen

“I can’t, I’m going to Younghyun and Seungyoon performance this weekend, it’s been a while since I meet them.”

“Really? Too bad, I want to spend this weekend with you though.”

“That’s why don’t spend too much weekends with Mark, you always with him everytime i had nothing to do after a long weekdays.”

“Ooohh, so our Seulgi is jealous?”

I roll my eyes, “You bet.”

She sit beside me with a plate of toast, we’re having a midnight snack like we always do every Friday night.

“Did you have any news from that guy?”

“What guy?”

“Come on, don’t act like you don’t understand what I mean.”

Seulgi sigh, “let’s just forget it, I’m not interested in dating anyway.”

“Well you can forget that guy, but Younghyun….”

“Seriously Wends?”

“But..”

“Son Seunghwan…”

“Alright.”

 

 

><><><><>< 

 

 

I don’t know why I hold my self back from call her and ask her out for a dinner, like it’s not even hard thing to do. But, still even when I think about her my heart fluttering. I guess I’m afraid that she will reject me or worse she doesn’t remember me.

“Jaebum, you come tonight right?”

I said yes to Joonyoung who ask me on the other line.

“But I will be a little bit late, I had some work to do.”

“Just come, ok? Even a hour late.”

“I will”

 

 

 

><><><><>< 

 

 

“Thank you everyone who came tonight! I bet you’re waiting for Silent Space right? But, before they perform, let’s welcome! Oh Hyuk!”

Oh Hyuk start playing their first song after the mc introduce them. This would be a long night, she thought.

Seulgi come a hour earlier, well, Younghyun already told her that their performance start at eleven. She can just tell Younghyun and go backstage and hangout with him and his bandmates, but she decide to surprise him, so she stays at the audience seat.

 

Silent Spaces is quite famous among indie music lovers, they are like boy band from big company when they debut. They got so many offers from almost every band company in korea but they declined them, well simple, they just want to be themselves.

 

Jung Joonyoung as vocalist, Kang Minhyuk as drummer, Kang Younghyun as bassist, and Seulgi twin brother Kang Seungyoon as guitarist. Seulgi was the original member of this band, she was the vocalist and rhythm guitarist when they form this band in the first year of college, but she decides to focus on her dream to be an artist.

 

The respond of this band is really good, start from perform in campus festival singing famous rock band songs to national tour with their own songs.

 

When Oh Hyuk finished their performance, mc introduces Silent Space and the crowd going more crazy than before, I could heard camera shutter comes from the crowd when they start enter the stage.

 

They sing their own song from Silent Spaces new album, I really proud of them, from small festivals or café, now they had this fans that filled the room and screaming their name. But I’m glad that they’re back to this not so big club like old times.

 

Younghyun notice me when they were going to perform their fourth song, he pointed at me and waved too and I wave back. I really miss them.

 

When they finished their performance, Younghyun and Seungyoon approach me and hug me, even lift me up. I think we really miss each other, even though they didn’t go across the country we rarely meet for four months because of their tour.

 

He order drink for us and we moved to more private seat, we talk nonstop until 1 am. From the audience of their concert to my unnecessary work, from what will they do to their new album to ask me to be featured on one of the song.

 

I’m not a professional singer, but I can’t deny that I can sing, I was Silent Space vocalist before they meet Minhyuk and Joonyoung, so it’s been their dream to put me in one of their song.

“If I really featured on one of your songs, just rememb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter