Three.

Listen

 

Ara stared ahead, her eyes wandering over the cream dresser placed in an angled form. It looked old but it seemed familiar. Did they have those dressers in the 90’s?

 

“So,” She croaked. “You’re not from this planet?”

 

“No.”

 

It was crazy how she was believing this. It’s impossible, how she’s believing this. But she still is. For some reason, Ara can’t find it in her gut to not believe Kyungsoo.

 

It’s almost as if she trusts him.

 

Scary, right?

 

“Then...name your planet, if you’re not a human. But how come you look like one?”

 

She heard Kyungsoo laugh somewhere in the room.

 

“Aliens aren’t just green with four eyes.” He sat down on the opposite side of the bed, his back to her back. “The human race, oblivious to their surroundings.”

 

Ara wanted to look back at him, but she didn’t. “I…What do you mean…?”

 

“Shhhh….” He suddenly said, sitting up. “He’s home….”

 

Just at that moment, a large sound of a door opening and shutting, filled the silent home. Then soon following with heavy footsteps, footsteps that sounded inhumane.

 

Ara stared straight ahead, looking at the dresser. Something didn’t fit right. What was a 21st century dresser doing in a vintage 1900’s room. It didn’t match with the furniture at all. What was a modern day dresser doing in such a room? Unless he placed it here. But why would he place it here…..? Unless-

 

“Kyungsoo!” She whispered very harshly as she made her way over to him. She noticed that he too, were staring at the dresser. “The dresser...he’s going to come in here for that dresser.”

 

Kyungsoo finally made contact with her eyes, causing some sort of flutter to erupt in the pit of her stomach. “The window.”

 

“What?”

 

“The window, you need to get out through that window.” He jerked his head towards his left.

 

“What? No, I-no, you’re coming with me too.”

 

It seemed that with all the bickering the two forgot one important aspect. The footsteps had stopped.

 

“Samara….” Kyungsoo whispered, grasping her wrist. He looked towards the door before looking at the window. “Run!”

 

It was too quick for Ara to handle, Kyungsoo began running through the door and down the hall. And that’s when she heard it. The deep heavy voice.

 

“HEY! WHO ARE YOU?!” And with that, the heavy footsteps were on their lead. She didn’t dare to look back.

 

Kyungsoo seemed to know exactly where they were running to, as there were an open window down from their view. They were on the first floor, it wasn’t a big jump but Ara did manage to wobble, before running to catch with Kyungsoo.

 

It wasn’t long before Kyungsoo pulled her into an alleyway, catching his breath while she did the same. Ara’s hands were shaking and her knees felt as if they could give up any second. Her breathing was haggard, but her heart, oh her heart beat so fast inside her chest, it gave her such a feeling. Almost as if she enjoyed it

 

“He won’t chase after us, for now.” Kyungsoo said before he seemed to go off into deep thought.

 

“They were doomed from the beginning, weren’t they?” Ara suddenly spoke, looking him directly in the eyes.

 

Kyungsoo stared into her deep brown orbs, before nodding silently.

 

“That’s why you said you weren’t going to get them out, that’s why you told me not to look back….because from the beginning, you knew there was no way of saving them…..” Ara trailed off, an uneasy feeling settling within her. “God, Kyungsoo, what are you? And what is all this? Who is he? What does he even want with our world?”

 

All these questions were buzzing through Ara’s mind. She needed answers, answers to all this madness.

 

Kyungsoo took a moment to look at her, smirking profoundly before extending a hand.

 

“My name is Do Kyungsoo, I come from the planet EXO, placed in the Kpopernian galaxy, I’m one of the twelve who guard this universe of ours, my specialty is Earth, which is why I enjoy spending my time here, however a war was declared between planets and it had been a long while since I last came back to Earth, I sensed something was wrong right away. He, is called Shou, and he’s an ancient beast that had escaped one of the main prisons and came here to Earth. He’s after something wild and I’m here to stop him. I know you trust me, because I feel it.” He looked into her eyes, deeply. “I’m not from this planet, Samara. I’m just simply here to save it.”

 

Ara looked at him long and hard. Why was she feeling such a strong trust bond towards this man she barely knew?

 

She scoffed, slightly pushing his hand away before meeting this gaze.

 

“So how do we catch Shou?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled, biting his lip before grabbing Ara’s hand into his and dragging her along through the alleyway.

 

“First we need to know what he’s up to. Why do you think he kept the couple in the glass?” He questioned as they walked through the city streets that now lit up through the night.

 

Ara loved this time of the city, it felt homely to her. Ignoring the fluttering in her heart as Kyungsoo gently squeezed her hand, she thought and spoke.

 

“Well, there was one male, one female. They both didn’t look too old, probably mid to late twenties. They were a couple, but not a family.” She started. “He took them for experiment? To see what humans were like, how we lived. He observed them from afar, and then he observed them closely when he put them in the glass.”

 

“Bingo.” Kyungsoo smiled. “Now that he’s gotten to know humans, it would be easier for him to adjust to this life, no?”

 

“I guess so.” Ara thought. “But what are we going to do?”

 

“Follow him.” Kyungsoo said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “But not now, we need to wait at least two days since he saw us in that house. In the meanwhile, we can retrace his whereabouts. Do you know a nice cafe we can go to?”

 

Ara pointed towards one of her favorite places to go in this time of evening, which was not far from where they stood, Moonlight Cafe, one of the bests in the city.

 

Once they were in and settled, Ara had ordered a mocha latte for herself while Kyungsoo simply got a caramel macchiato. Ara watched as Kyungsoo reached into her bag to take out her laptop. With ease, he opened it and began typing away, as if he was concentrating hardly.

 

Ara sipped into her drink once they arrived, and she couldn’t help but stare at Kyungsoo. His features were surely nothing to go missed by. His large dark eyes, held so much within them, but Ara couldn’t seem to see through the windows of it, his black hair was tousled perfectly classy, but messy.

 

He was like a missing piece to a puzzle.

 

“What are you doing?” Ara asked, after a few minutes of silence.

 

“Hacking.”

 

“Hacking what?” She raised a funny eyebrow.

 

It took a pure moment for Kyungsoo to stop what he was doing, to stare into Ara’s eyes, causing her heart to flutter a bit, just a bit.


“Apparently, we’re not dealing with just one Shou, We’re dealing with five.”



I really apologize for the delayed chapters, I'm sort of on a hiatus :) I'll be back soon, <3

Stay Awkward xoxo