Ch.5

Endless Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was cool and the stars were high in the sky as Taemin walked down the sidewalk. With his bag slung over his shoulders and headphones playing his favorite music, he was headed home after a long and tiring practice. But now that it was over, Taemin couldn’t stop thinking about earlier today with Minho.

To be quite honest, Taemin was really happy to finally meet Minho. He’d seen Sulli’s brother a few times before when he came to pick his sister up from class, and Taemin always liked to sneak looks at him. Of course, he was too shy to actually go up and talk to him, but somehow or another, Key had made up that little plan earlier. As embarrassing as it was, he was glad to finally be able to meet Minho. He was really nice and fun to be around; Taemin enjoyed spending the afternoon with him (because Key had abandoned them for Minho’s friend, Jonghyun).

When he arrived home at the apartment, he tossed his bag in his room and headed to take a quick shower before changing into something more comfortable. It was late, and while he did have some homework that needed to be worked on, Taemin couldn’t concentrate. After informing Sulli that he’d spent the afternoon with Minho (spending their extra lesson gossiping instead of actually dancing. She the entire time too.), Sulli  had suggested that he give his number to Minho. And so he had; he scribbled the digits on a piece of scrap paper and handed it to her. So now he was waiting nervously, wondering if Minho would even text him at all.

Why am I so nervous? Stop acting like a girl, Taemin, sheesh! He puffed out his cheeks and tossed his phone on his bed; what was that old saying? A watched pot never boils?

“Okay, okay, this is cool. I’ll just cook dinner and maybe watch a movie or something,” He said to himself convincingly. Because he was not going to act like a girl who spent hours waiting for a call that they might not even receive.

So instead, he busied himself in the kitchen trying to fund something to make for dinner. Unfortunately the cabinets and refrigerator were pretty barren; it was his responsibility to grocery shop, but will all the extra lessons he was having with Sulli and then being busy with homework he hadn’t had the time to go out and do so. Walking back to his room, he picked his phone off his bed to call Key and see if he’d go with him (because he would be the smart one and not let Taemin spend all the money on sweets and banana milk).

This totally wasn’t an excuse to see if Minho had texted him yet. Which he hadn’t, but that’s beside the point. He pressed speed dial and waited for a few minutes for Key to pick up the phone.

“Taebaby, what’s up?” Key greeted cheekily as he always did.

“I need to go grocery shopping. Do you want to come with me?” Taemin asked his friend.

“Uh, okay sure. I’ll be there in a few minutes,” Key answered, hanging up first. Taemin smiled and stuffed his phone into his pocket and went out to the living room to wait for him. He sat on the back of the armrest of the couch and tapped his foot impatiently for Minho to text him Key to arrive. What was taking so long? Surely Sulli had given it to him by now it didn’t take that long to walk downstairs (because Key totally lived in the apartment above him).

When his phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket he nearly flew three feet in the air. He quickly pulled it out and flipped it open, smiling widely when he read the contents.

< It’s Minho^^ I had fun today, we should hang out again soon. I’d like to see you again. >

“He wants to see me again?!” Taemin exclaimed loudly, his smile so wide it barely fit his face.

“Well I’d consider that a good thing, wouldn’t you?” Key said, appearing suddenly. Taemin’s heart stopped beating and he fell of the side of the couch in sheer shock, not having noticed that Key had arrive.

“Key! Don’t scare me like that!” He exclaimed, blushing wildly as he stood up from the floor. Key just rolled his eyes and held the door open for Taemin as they walked out of the apartment together and down the street to the nearest convenience store.

“Well? Are you going to text him back?” Key asked expectantly.

“Not right now, I don’t to answer him too quickly or he’ll think I was waiting for him to text me or something,” Taemin said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter