2.

Love Is You.

As every Wednesday, armed with a music sheets folder under her arm, Kim Yongsun made her way into her aunt's music school. Her long brown hair was pulled back into a high ponytail and it was moving back and forth at the rhythm of her steps, tight black jeans tailored to her legs while a red button-down shirt covered the upper part of her body.

In her face, a smile that could lit more than the sun any room which she passed throught, her eyes narrowed in a half moon to greet everyone who was on the way with a big and bright smile.

"Good afternoon, Seungyeon unnie." Yongsun said, bowing her head slightly as a greeting.

"Oh, Yongsunie, good afternoon. Are you going to play the piano again today?" Seungyeon said from her table. Yongsun nodded.

"As every Wednesday evening, I have to ace this song if I want to start with a new one." Yongsun shrugged her shoulders slightly. "Is my aunt here?" Seungyeon shook her head.

"She still has not arrived."

"I see... Well, unnie, I gotta go to practice, see you later."

"Good luck, Yongsunie." And after saying goodbye to the secretary of the music school, Yongsun re-started her way to her favorite classroom.

She opened the door and the intense sunshine of the late afternoon blinded her for a moment. When her eyes adjusted to the huge amount of light coming through the windows, just covered by a simple curtain, her gaze turned to the huge grand piano that reigned inside the room.

At the moment, her brow furrowed.

There was something weird in the room.

Yongsun, curiously, approached the piano and, after leaving her folder with music sheets on the piano bench, she stared intently at a paper that was on the top of the big instrument, under a bright red rose.

Carefully, almost hesitant, Yongsun took the rose and brought it to her nose to inhale its aroma. Inadvertently, a small smile appeared on her lips. After leaving the rose in its place, Yongsun took the sheet of paper that was under the flower and, after opening it, she read the few words that were written there.

Love is you, Kim Yongsun.

 

---

 

Byulyi air into her lungs when Yongsun took note of paper that was on the piano, her eyes fixed on the eyes of the older girl. A flash of confusion soared in Yongsun's brown eyes, quickly replaced by the glow of a smile that did not take long to reach her lips.

Yongsun looked around and Byulyi followed every move with her eyes, as Yongsun's right hand, with long and slender fingers put behind her ear some strands of hair in a nervous gesture or how her upper teeth caught her lower lip.

Then Yongsun walked quickly toward the door of the room and Byulyi felt the temperature leaving any trace of itself from her face to see how Yongsun was closer and closer to her, who watched her, crouched on the other side of one of the windows that were facing the hallway. Quickly, Byulyi ran with fast and silent strides the distance that separated her from the open door of the class that was just in front and hid inside, watching through a window how Yongsun looked at both sides once she reached the door.

Byulyi watched as the confused look on the pianist's face slowly relaxed into a smile when she re-read the words written on the note and how her ponytail swung over her shoulders as she turned to go again inside the class.

Not much later, the piano notes caressed again Byulyi's ears, the melodious voice of Yongsun warming her heart hopelessly.

Love is you.

 

---

 

The weeks passed calmly and Yongsun had become familiar to read a note every Wednesday when she reached her music class, which always was accompanied by a red rose.

Poems derived from the lyrics of the song that she had spent months rehearsing took shape before her eyes and her heart was starting to beat louder and louder and her cheeks glow red from blushing.

That Wednesday, due to impatience, Yongsun arrived half an hour earlier than she was used to reach the music school. She didn't even stopped to talk with Seungyeon, as usual, in fact it was after a brief greeting that she addressed hastily into the room of the huge grand black piano.

With a smile, Yongsun opened the door, her eyes automatically turning to the piano, hoping to see a rose and a note. But her eyes opened wide to see nothing on the piano. Nervous and worried, Yongsun left her music sheets on the piano and, in desperation, she began to looking around the room. Could it be possible that after waiting all week, her admirer would stop his weekly love notes? Did he got tired of her?

Byulyi, meanwhile, walked quietly down the corridor, heading for the piano room, a red rose and a note in her hand. She was about to enter the room when her eyes fell on the slender figure of Yongsun, who was crouched under the piano, looking for something. Her eyes widened more than necessary and both, the note and the rose, slipped from her fingers when she started to run away in a reflex action.

Yongsun, hearing the noise, looked up quickly, so much that she hit the back of her head with the piano.

"Oghf..." Yongsun growled and, rubbing the back of her head, she rushed out from under the piano, quickly approaching that note and the rose, standing by the door. After picking them up and following an impulse, Yongsun ran down the hallway following the path were the sound of hurried footsteps were heard. I know you're here... I want to see you...

But around the corner, all Yongsun saw was a big pile of boxes against which she crashed headlong, causing both of her and the person who carried them in her arms to fall to the ground.

"Omo!" Exclaimed Yongsun, hissing between her teeth, the note and the rose still gripped between her fingers.

"A-aigoo..." Byulyi said, her eyes closed and her hands rubbing her aching back.

"Omo, Moonbyul-sshi..." Yongsun said, realizing who she had run to. "I'm sorry, I was running and I didn't see you..." Yongsun said, standing up and stretching her free hand to help Byulyi to get up.

Byulyi looked up to Yongsun, a slight blush warming her cheeks, which she hoped to go unnoticed due to the fall they had suffered. She reached out and grabbed Yongsun's hand, standing up from the ground in this way.

"It's okay, Yongsun-sshi, just a silly accident. Did you get hurt?" Asked Byulyi, looking Yongsun up and down, her eyes looking at the rose and the note in her hand. Hawking a little, she could not avoid that a question escaped her lips. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

Hearing that second question, blush stained Yongsun's cheeks, putting the hand that held the note and the rose behind her back in a vain attempt to hide them from the sight of the younger girl.

"Nowhere in particular... By the way, Moonbyul-sshi, have you seen someone around here? Someone who was running?" Asked Yongsun, a desperate gleam in her eyes as she stared at Byulyi, waiting for a response. Byulyi swallowed hard, slowly shaking her head as her eyes hopelessly hooked to the warm and gentle eyes of the older girl.

"Ani... Looking for someone..?"

"Yes... But do not worry, I'll find him... Or her." Yongsun said and she picked up a couple of the packages that Byulyi was carrying, giving them back to her with a small smile. "Here, this is yours. I'm sorry you fell because of me, Moonbyul-sshi."

"It's okay..." Byulyi said softly, grabbing the packages from Yongsun's hands, the tips of her fingers briefly caressing the fingers of the pianist.

"See you another day, okay? I have to go back to practice." And with one last smile, Yongsun said goodbye to the mail girl and turned around to go back to the piano room.

When Yongsun turned the corner and disappeared from her view, Byulyi let out a loud sigh of relief, dropping to the ground, her back against the wall, boxes scattered around and her heart pounding loudly in her ears.

"She is looking for me..." Byulyi said quietly, and without realizing it herself, a wide and bright smile was drawn out on her lips.

 

---

 

Is there something chemical
A scientist might say.
Well, love much be a drug and
I'm addicted to it, to the reflection of the sun on your hair
the way your fingers caress the piano keys
and if it is not too much, I want to know
if someday I could entangle them with mine,
and recite in your ear that I have the answer.
That love is you and that is the most certain truth.
 
Yongsun's heart was beating a mile a minute to read those words another Wednesday. The smile seemed to be indelible from her face as she brought the note to her chest, her eyes closed in a dream to finally glimpse the face of the secret admirer who was stealing her daily hours of sleep and made every week the wait for Wednesdays to became harder and harder.
 
But that day was different. With a pen and paper, Yongsun leaned on the piano and, with trembling hands, she began to write.
 
If love is me, what are you?
Without identity you are just a shadow
lurking and watching me.
But I'm not scared of you,
because you make my heart to beat faster and louder.
Could I see you someday?
I want to put a face on the person who steals my sleep and my heartbeat.
 
 
---
 
 
Once Yongsun had abandoned the piano room, Byulyi entered in it as she usually did every Wednesday. She had picked up the habit of simply sit on the bench of the piano and let her fingers caress the keys of the imposing instrument, not daring to play a note.
 
That day, however, as Yongsun had felt to see the first note on the piano, Byulyi's heart jumped and she rapidly approached the piano. She took the note between her fingers and with hungry eyes devoured each of the words, a stupid and big smile appearing on her lips.
 
"Yongsun-ah..." Was all Byulyi could say before, hugging the piece of paper, she started to spin on herself, a laugh of joy escaping from her lips, which was followed by many more, which resounded around all the music school.
 
In her office, Jiyoung drew a small smile as her lips caressed the edge of her teacup.
 
"What are you smiling at, my love?" Asked Jungah, looking curiously at Jiyoung over the book she was reading. Jiyoung flashed a broad smile, stretching one hand to catch one of the hands of her wife and intertwining her fingers with hers.
 
"Love is wonderful, isn't it?" Said Jiyoung and, to the puzzled look Jungah gave her, she could only laugh out loud. "I love you, Kim Jungah."
 
"And I love you, babo Park Jiyoung."
 
 
---
 
 
Me? I am the moon, Kim Yongsun.
And you are the sun, we shine at different hours.
But thanks to your light I can shine at night.
I depend of you to live.
Your voice gives life to this heart of mine.
And your smile makes my legs weak until they can't carry my weight.
Someday. Someday I'll be brave enough to show myself to you.
For now I just want to remind you a thing...
Love's like the water when the well runs dry
quenchs my thirst, keeps me alive.
But I didn't know I was thirsty until I saw you.
 
"Ugh, really..." Yongsun felt her cheeks burning again. Two months had passed and she had only received roses and notes every Wednesday. She was impatient and felt like it was affecting her skills on the piano. She was desperate. She needed to know who her admirer was. She needed to know who was the person she was in deeply in love with.
 
Determined, Yongsun ended her practice of that Wednesday and went to her aunt's office. After knocking on the door and receiving permission to enter, Yongsun entered the office, dedicating her aunt a huge smile.
 
"Hello, Aunty Jiyoung." Yongsun said, sitting in front of the desk.
 
"Yongsunie, why do I have the pleasure of having you in my office?" Jiyoung said, holding her niece a cup of tea. Byulyi's favorite tea.
 
"Aunty... These two months I have been experiencing some things that I can not clarify..." Yongsun said, feeling her cheeks warming due to blush. She had never spoken of the notes and the roses to anyone and disclosing it to her aunt made her feel very self-conscious. Jiyoung, with worried eyes, leaned her body slightly forward, curiously.
 
"What is it, princess?"
 
Timidly, Yongsun reached out and showed her aunt the last note she had received. Jiyoung took the paper between her fingers and read it quickly, her eyebrows rising slightly. Well, well, Moon Byulyi...

"I see that someone has an admired..." Jiyoung teased, giving her niece a smile. Yongsun nodded, slowly running a hand through her hair in a nervous gesture. "You don't know who he is?"
 
"No, and I can not wait to see his or her face, to know how this person is..." Yongsun gently bit her lower lip, staring intensely at her aunt's eyes before looking down again, shyly. "I think I'm in love, aunty, and it's ridiculous because, how can I fall in love with someone who, until now, is nothing but a shadow?" Jiyoung drew a discreet smile, looking tenderly at her niece. Moon Byulyi should reveal herself now and I do not know why the heck she is wasting time, as always, this damn girl...

"Aw, Yongsunie I have never imagined seeing you like this... The truth is that-" The words were cut in Jiyoung's throat when, throught the office's window, at Yongsun's back, she saw Byulyi walking down the aisle, heading to the piano room.
 
An idea flashed through her mind at that time and a bright smile was painted on her lips, stretching a hand to her niece to caress tenderly her face.
 
"Yongsun-ah..."
 
"Tell me, aunty Jiyoung..."

"Go to the piano room. There you will find what you want." Jiyoung said to her niece, with a small, bright smile playing on her lips. You better thank me for this, Moon Byulyi...
 
 
---
 
 
The orange light of the sunset came as a golden cascade inside the room, playing to tear a soft orange glow from the polished dark surface of the piano. The sound of running footsteps echoed in the hallway, but Moon Byulyi seemed unaware, her hands simply caressing the stunning piano keys, a silly smile playing on her lips while in her head images of Yongsun sitting there churned like a tornado. Unaware, the lyrics of the song that she had already memorized began to leave her lips, her deep, soft voice filling the six walls of the room to the rhythm of a tune that even the rhythm of her heartbeat had already learned.
 
That was the sight that met Kim Yongsun's eyes when she reached the door of the classroom. The sun was tearing golden shines from the dark mane of the mail deliverer and her soft voice was slowly slipping inside her ears. It was you all along...

The surprise soon gave way to a pleasant warmth that started in her chest and slowly spreaded to every corner of her body. The way Byulyi's fingers were caressing the piano keys, as if it was something fragile and she was afraid to break it; the way her eyes were closed and the immense peace that reflected her lovely features; how the song came from her lips so pleasing to the ear that looked like she had been rehearsing it as much as herself.
 
She bit her bottom lip, suddenly feeling nervous. A lump appeared in the pit of her stomach and her feet, ignoring her brain, began to move towards the piano, the pleasant vanilla fragrance that emanated from Byulyi hitting her like punch. Yongsun breathed hard and she swore that at that moment her head was spinning, unable to not see anything but Byulyi.
 
Carefully, she sat next to the deliverer, looking sideways to make sure she had not noticed her yet. She listened intently and, guessing the part of the song for which she was at, Yongsun let her fingers to come in contact again to the piano keys, starting to play at the right time.
 
Byulyi opened her eyes at that very moment, being the first thing she saw some hands with long, slender fingers plucking from the piano the beautiful melody which was already ringing in her head. Byulyi turned and found herself face to face with Yongsun, who gave her a small smile that made every last millimeter of the face of the youngest of the two girls to turn of a deep red color. Yongsun's smile widened a little more.
 
"Keep on singing, please..." Yongsun muttered, her eyes half closed in two bright half moons because of the smile playing on her lips.
 
And that was what Byulyi did. With a heavy sigh that helped her to loosen the knot of nerves that suddenly gripped her stomach, Byulyi began to sign again, at the rhythm that marked the melody from Yongsun's fingers.

Yongsun watched her for a moment before diverting her gaze to the piano keys and, closing her eyes, she began to sing too.

Her voice and Byulyi's roamed the room's space in a harmony that surprised both of them. The way in which their voices, sweet and powerful; and husky and soft, mingled to form a single voice made the tiny hairs on Jiyoung's arms to stood up when she listened them from her office.

"Ah, Moon Byulyi, I have to treat you to dinner as a reward." Jiyoung said with a small laugh and she leaned back in her chair and placed her hands behind her head to enjoy the more than familiar song.

Until the last of the notes didn't die on the piano keys, both girls did not open their eyes. Cheeks flushed and hearts beating in their chests as if they were a drum, a strange feeling emanated from them until it wrapped them up completely.

Byulyi turned her face to look at Yongsun, somewhat embarrassed to be able to observe her so close rather than from the other side of the window. Yongsun, in turn, looked up at Byulyi, her eyes wandering around the pretty yet handsome face of the mail deliverer as if she was seeing her for the first time, her gaze lingering longer than necessary on her lips. Byulyi cleared softly.
 
"Yongsun-sshi, I..." Began Byulyi in an attempt to loosen the awkward atmosphere.

But the words died in as Yongsun's lips closed over her own.
 
Byulyi's eyes opened wide, her eyes staring at the closed ones of the older girl. Her heart seemed that was going to explode at any moment and she was sure that her cheeks were burning under the gentle touch of the pianist's fingers. A pleasant sensation that began on her lips traveled to her heart, and from there it spread to every corner of her body before her lips come to life and, with infinite slowness, began to move against the pianist's ones.
 
Her arms s up to encircle her waist, pulling her to her body, and no much later, Yongsun's arms surrounded Byulyi's neck, clinging to her as if she was a lifeline.
 
Their lips caressed with infinite slowness, playing to trap them between each other, like looking for a dominance that really did not belong to either of them. As if they were synchronized, a deep sigh escaped from the lungs of both girls, mingling between them, like their saliva inside their mouths.
 
After a few minutes that seem eternal, Yongsun pulled away from Byulyi, enough to see her face, her eyes boring into the mail deliverer's clouded iris, who looked at her with the same intensity.
 
"Love is you, Yongsun-ah..." Byulyi said softly, her eyes going down again until they met with the pianist's lips, which curled into a shy smile at her words.
 
Yongsun buried her face in Byulyi's neck, hugging her tightly. "And you've stopped being a shadow..."

A small smile appeared on Byulyi's face, who rested her cheek on the top of Yongsun's head, quietly closing her eyes while her hands were walking in soft caresses the older girl's back.
 
"Right... Now I am only a moon that shines with its sun." Byulyi said, grabbing the pianist's shoulder to pull her away a little and be able to give her a wide and sweet smile. "Would you be my only sun, Kim Yongsun? I have not stopped shining from the first day I saw you..."
 
"Shine with me, Moon Byulyi." And with those words and in response, Yongsun caught again Byulyi's lips between hers, never stopping to notice the strong beat of her heart in her ears, two hearts that beat at the rhythm of a very familiar song.
 
 
===
 
The end.
Sorry for the freaking late update, this got stuck for so long.
Not sure about how things turned out.
Anyway, comments and any kind of feedback is reallty appreciated.
I hope you enjoyed this little two shot story and see you next time!