1.

Love Is You.

As every week, Moonbyul was waiting impatienly for Wednesday to come. A normal person would want Friday to come faster in order to start a relaxing weekend, but in her case, when Friday started the only thought going through her head was that, hopefully, Saturday and Sunday would end soon to start again an exciting week.

Moonbyul loved Wednesdays.

Her work as a mail deliverer used to be quite heavy, always with the car back and forth delivering the mail and the different packages that arrived daily at the offices located in the center of Seoul.

But Moonbyul didn't complain at all. She really loved her job. The excited expressions of the people when they received a letter from an old friend or a lost lover always made a smile to appear in her lips as her brain would imagine the words and promises that could be written on the papers that were hidden in the envelopes that she distributed.

Byulyi could not help it, she was a dreamer and always tried to guess what was kept in the packages that she was always carrying in the trunk of the car of her company.

Yes, Byulyi loved her job, but what she liked it best on Wednesdays.

Because on Wednesday was when she had to carry the mail of the week to a small music school located in Myeongdong, Mrs. Park's music school.

She was on her way to said music school at the time. The smile never left her lips and her long front teeth were showing. Everyone said she looked like a rabbit or a hamster. She, however, thought that her friends and family exaggerated quite a lot.

Her hands clenched tightly around the wheel of the white and blue car of the company and her name was read in a small plate that was attached to her white shirt.

Moon Byulyi. Still, everyone called her Moonbyul. Her boss, a friendly and pretty humble man, thought that it sounded better than her original name, so like the good girl she was, she could not break his heart and let the poor man to call her that. Gradually, all the people around her, including her family, began to adopt this pet name. Even she had begun to refer to herself as Moonbyul.

Curious, isn't it? It only takes one person to change something in our lives. And that was something that Moonbyul had already learned and assimilated.

Moonbyul parked the car outside the entrance to the music school, and with a huge smile, she opened the trunk from which she took a large stack of boxes and packages. Once she locked the car, Moonbyul walked awkwardly to the music school. The pile of packages covered her face and she couldn't see where she was going, and it also weighed heavily, everything must be said. Still, with professionalism, Moonbyul managed to enter the building and quickly went to the front desk, where she gave a shaky and tired smile to the secretary.

"Good afternoon, Seungyeon unnie. Is Mrs. Park in her office?"

The secretary looked up from the papers in her hands and opened her eyes wide at the sight of the young girl with her arms full of packages, rushing to stand up of her chair.

"My God, Moonbyul, how did you came up here from the car without dropping anything down... Let me help you, come on." Seungyeon said, hurrying to catch a couple of packages from Moonbyul's arms.

"Thank you, unnie." Moonbyul said with a grateful smile, shaking her head slightly to put away from her face a few strands of her long and black hair. "So is Mrs. Park here?" Seungyeon nodded with a smile.

"Yes, she's in her office. Come on, I'll help you to carry all these boxes."

Seungyeon and Moonbyul walked down a long corridor and, by the way, a huge smile began to form on the lips of the mail deliverer. The lilting notes of a piano caressed her ears and a small knot of nervousness appeared in her stomach.

When they reached the director of the music school's office, Seungyeon said goodbye to Moonbyul after opening the door for her and, after thanking the secretary with a smile, the mail deliverer came into the office.

"Mrs. Park, here are your gifts." Moonbyul said in a singsong voice, letting out a soft laugh between her teeth.

"Aigoo, Byulyi-ah, let me help you." Mrs. Park said, standing up and approaching the mail deliverer. "And I have told you already that you do not have to call me that when we are alone. Call me Jiyoung. And you know, don't call me unnie as well, it makes me feel older."

Moonbyul laughed loudly, nodding while gently massaged her arms, that were kinda numb after enduring a big weight for so long.

"Understood, Jiyoung. Although it sounds strange, you're twelve years older than me." Byulyi said, approaching the school's principal.

"Nonsense. Come, come here and sit down, let's talk for a while. Or do you have something to do now?" Moonbyul shook her head, smiling a wide smile.

"No, you know I always reserve the school as my last destination on Wednesdays, so I have the afternoon off to stay talking to you." Or to hear that wonderful song...

"Aw, how sweet... How was the week, Byulyi?" Jiyoung said, flashing a smile that showed her deep dimples, her short hair perfectly combed back. Moonbyul smiled back at the imposing director of the music school, with which, surprisingly, over the months, had developed a strong friendship despite the twelve years of age difference.

They talked for a long time and they even had a good cup vanilla tea, Moonbyul's favorite.

Moonbyul, as always, let her gaze to stroll through Jiyoung's office, even though her eyes had made that journey more than once before. The walls, painted in a very pale blue, were spotted by countless of portraits with pictures, most of them of Jiyoung with a slender and beautiful woman in her arms. She had discovered recently that the music school's principal was happily married to a famous fashion designer, Kim Jungah. Moreover, Moonbyul remembered that in her closet she had a pair of pants of Jiyoung's wife's brand, The Jung. That detail made Jiyoung to burst into a loud laughter a couple of weeks ago.

"Jiyoung, can I ask you a question?" Moonbyul suddenly said with a smile. Jiyoung nodded, sipping her tea and waiting for the younger girl to start talking again. "Whenever I come here to bring you the packages and mail there is a girl always playing the same song in the piano. Who is ishe? I'm so curious." Moonbyul said, looking at the oldest of them with a twinkle on interest in her eye that Jiyoung could identify perfectly eventhough Moonbyul tried to hid it.

"Why do you ask? Do you like her?" Asked Jiyoung and a smile appeared on her lips when the mail deliverer's cheeks stained of a deep red shade. Bingo.

"Not at all! I don't even know her, it's just that she's always playing the same song and I'm curious about it, that's all..." Moonbyul said, lowering the tone gradually while with one hand she was rubbing her neck, her eyes looking down slightly.

Jiyoung didn't buy that lie, and after finishing her tea, she put the cup on the table, staring at her younger friend with a tender smile. She was fond of the young deliverer, and Jiyoung knew she was a great, loyal and funny girl, so she had no problem with disclosing the identity of the girl who played the piano and whose melody invaded every Wednesday the halls of the music school.

"Moon Byulyi, you don't need to lie to me." Jiyoung said, laughing softly as she leaned back in her comfortable leather chair. "I know perfectly well that you come to bring me the mail on Wednesdays only to see her. I'm old already, I realize these things."

The blush came back to Moonbyul's cheeks, with a sigh of defeat, she nodded, looking up to her friend, who was watching her with an amused smile.

"Okay, okay. Yes, I like her. And I like her a lot, so much that I come here only on Wednesdays just to see her playing the piano, but I don't even know her name." Moonbyul said bitterly, letting out a sigh.

"Yongsun." Jiyoung said, and Moonbyul's eyebrows raised. "Kim Yongsun. She's my niece. Well, technically she's Jungah's niece, but you know... We're married, so she's also my niece." Jiyoung explained, laughing softly.

"Oh, well, then I hope you do not mind that I'm interested in your niece, Jiyoung." Moonbyul said, rising from her chair. "And I have to go, I have to take the car to the company."

"Sure, the car to the company..." Jiyoung said, smiling a crooked and mischievous smile. "Have fun watching Yongsun, and tell me when will you make the first move."

"Yah!" Exclaimed Moonbyul and, after sticking her tongue out at Jiyoung, she left the office, heaving a deep sigh.

Contrary to what she had said to Jiyoung, her feet began to move in the opposite direction of the entrance of the music school, lost among the long corridors of the building. With each step she took, the melody of the piano was increasing in intensity, like the beating of her heart inside her chest. Finally, Moonbyul stopped at the open door of one of the classrooms of the school. Carefully Moonbyul peered in, allowing herself to admire the familiar view that blessed her eyes every Wednesday.

The orange light of sunset bathed the room and tore golden highlights of the long brown mane that was covering the back of the girl who was playing the piano. A pink dress covered her body and pressed on her curves, revealing the perfect figure of an adult woman. Her long legs were bare and exposing her cream white skin while her feet were pressing again and again the pedals of the huge black piano that was in front of her and that was emitting a wonderful melody. Her long, thin fingers were caressing the piano keys as if it were her lover and her face was relaxed, her beautiful brown eyes closed and a faint smile dancing on her lips.

Kim Yongsun shook her head gently to the rhythm of the notes that escaped the powerful piano and Moonbyul could fell herself swaying to the melody she had memorized, like the lyrics of the song that Yongsun's wonderful vocal cords began to sing at that moment.

What's your definition of it
How's it makes you feel.

Above the clouds. Moonbyul felt above the clouds every time one of the perfect notes fleeing from Yongsun's lips caressed her ears. It was as if her voice were making love to her brain and it left her unable to think about any other thing that was not that song and that beautiful voice. Moonbyul put a hand to her chest, clutching her shirt over her heart, which was pounding so hard that she was surprised that the girl who played the piano couldn't hear it.

Love's a shoulder to lean on
Love is you.

To Moonbyul, love was Yongsun caressing the piano keys. To Moonbyul, love were those golden flashes that the sunset tore from her flawless hair, as if it was made with threads of sun. To Moonbyul, love was what she felt throbbing deep inside her chest every day that the angelic voice of that beautiful girl penetrated her head.

Anybody'd think she be crazy, get to feel affection for someone who she had never spoken in her life, but for Moonbyul it was something that, at that point of her life, did not care about.

Love is you.

To Moonbyul, love was Kim Yongsun.

"If you look more at her, she will disappear." Suddenly, these words whispered in Moonbyul's ear made her utter a sharp and startled scream, turning around suddenly to see Jiyoung's face, who was staring at her with a look full of meaning. "Didn't you say that you had to bring the car to the company, Byulyi?"

Moonbyul put again her hand to her chest, her breathing so hectic. Suddenly, her eyes opened wide. The piano had stopped its wonderful melody. Jiyoung's smile grew even wider.

"Aunty?" Said a soft, sweet voice, so close to her that the tiny hairs that covered Moonbyul's arms stood on end. "What are you doing here?"

Moonbyul turned to where the voice came, and her mind went blank when she saw Kim Yongsun in front of her, the girl who unknowingly had stolen her heart and endless hours of her sleep during all those weeks.

"Oh, well, I was showing the school to my dear friend here." Jiyoung said, placing one arm around Moonbyul's shoulder. Yongsun took her warm brown eyes from her aunt to fix them in the young deliverer, smiling politely. "Yongsunie, this is Byulyi. But she prefers to be called Moonbyul, she thinks that it sounds cool, I don't really understand her well..." Moonbyul quickly opened her eyes wide and turned her face to the oldest of them, pouting like a little kid.

"That's a lie!" Moonbyul complained, and she could had complained even more if it wasn't for the soft and melodious laugh that burst from Yongsun's lips at that time.

"Do not listen to my aunt, she loves to annoy people." Yongsun said, extending a hand to Moonbyul. "Nice to meet you, Moonbyul-sshi. I am Yongsun, Jiyoung's niece."

Moonbyul observed Yongsun's hand and, after hesitating a moment, she grabbed it with her own hand. At the same time that her skin came into contact with the girl's, an electrifying current traveled from every pore of her fingers up to her arm and then spread throughout her entire body. Moonbyul's cheeks were painted in red again as her eyes were glued to the beautiful and sweet smile of the girl she had in front of her, her heart beating like a thunder exploding in her ears.

"Nice to meet you, Yongsun-sshi..." Alongside them, Jiyoung smiled because of how cute that moment was but, of course, it couldn't last forever.

"Well, Yongsunie, I have to take this woman with me, she has work to do and we are entertaining her." Jiyoung said, pulling Moonbyul when she started walking with her arm around the girl's shoulders. Moonbyul's hand abruptly let go of Yongsun's and the piano girl could only laugh softly, waving goodbye with her hand.

Moonbyul kept her gaze on Yongsun until she disappeared back into the classroom, and not much later, the wonderful melody of the piano caressed again her ears. Once next to the car, Moonbyul rubbed her red cheeks, staring with squinting eyes at Jiyoung, who didn't stop smiling for a moment.

"I don't know whether I should thank you or hate you for this forever." Moonbyul said, letting out a sigh that, gradually, transformed into a wide smile.

"I prefer you to thank me for this, you got to talk to her." Jiyoung said, approaching her friend in order to place a hand on her head and ruffle her hair in an affectionate gesture. "And now, joking aside. I think you should do something with those feelings of yours. I trust in you. If you like her that much, make her fall for you. But my niece isn't an easy person. If you want her, you have to work very hard." Jiyoung said, staring at Moonbyul's eyes.

Moonbyul was quite surprised since she had never seen Jiyoung's serious side, but the words of her friend only made her to make a decision even faster.

She would make Kim Yongsun to fall in love with her.

 

===

I decided to make this a two shot story, because it's kinda long, lol. Anyway, I hope you like this first chapter as much as I loved writing it! Comments are so much appreciated.