special

Sticky Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

believe me i'm just as surprised as you are.

enjoy!

this is set in jeongguk's first year of uni where taekook just met :)

Jeongguk is tired to say the least.

He had just got up out of bed, with messy hair and drooled-on cheeks feeling gross as ever. There's that obnoxiously annoying rooster alarm of his ringing from the other side of his room that he doesn't want to get up to turn off even a little bit. Damn him for listening to the internet that talks about ways to make himself get out of bed.

He props himself up on his elbows, gently sliding his legs to the edge of the bed before landing his feet in his bunny slippers (don't judge, his grandma gave it to him). There's a sudden dizziness that hits him as he stands up completely, wobbling slightly at the sudden gravity that sets in between his feet and the ground.

He waltzes rather ungracefully across the room, aiming for his phone that sits precariously at the edge of his shelf that's filled with books for reading. He misses the first time he tries to grab his phone, his hand landing on the white surface, feeling its smooth and glossy texture before he reaches up to his face to rub the sleep off his eyes. He tries again and succeeds, grabbing the small device in his hands and slides his finger across the screen effectively turning the horrible sound off.

"Why does school have to be a thing," he mumbles under his breath as he locks his screen again.

And then he realizes that it still plays. It's a faint, far-off sound that he hears, and it's obvious that it's coming from outside of his room instead of his own. The sound of the loud rooster screaming with all it's might keeps constant but quieter, but nonetheless stays exactly disturbing.

His temples buzz, a sign that a headache was on its way, and it will come if not treated. So, he walks out of his room, forgetting to close the door and heads to his roommate's room, that roommate in which he's only known for half a day that he's not really had a good impression on. Don't get him wrong, he's not one to judge solely on a first meeting, but when your roommate fails to remember that, yes, he does live with another person, and results in him stumbling into the dorm without warning and Jeongguk only having a towel wrapped around his waist for cover as a first encounter, you start to have doubts.

His hand hovers over his roommate's door, a fist threatening to knock rather unceremoniously on the wooden platform. But he decides against that, gathering all of his rational reasoning and the last of his good manners at once and knocks politely at the door.

Two knocks.

No response.

Three more knocks.

Silence.

He sighs, grabbing the doorknob and turning it gingerly, afraid that he might wake up, which he doesn't know why he does because he wants him to wake up anyway.

He opens the door quietly, and he's greeted with a lump of a blanket that he guesses is his roommate sleeping soundly under the covers. The rise and fall of his chest is still evident through the sheets, and he seems peaceful that Jeongguk starts to think twice about waking him up.

But the sound of that awful alarm lights a light bulb in his mind again, and suddenly the sounds are much more prominent, and god knows how it can be even louder.

He walks over to the bed, wanting nothing more than to crawl in it.

But his roommate is on it, and that roommate is still practically a stranger, so of course it would be weird if he were to just lay beside him suddenly.

He taps on the lump a few times before he thinks, "Oh you know what, what the hell, he woke me up and now he has to deal with it," and starts to push him back and forth to wake him up.

There's a groan that emits from the burrito-shaped lump, and Jeongguk thinks, "Yes! I've woken him up!" and then it's moving, revealing a sleep-ridden man underneath that yawns, and he immediately regrets his decisions.

"J-Jeongguk...?" he says, voice rough because of the lack of use.

Jeongguk finds himself staring at the boy, eyes hovering over his tired eyes, still half closed as he tries to fight the sleep away. His mouth is slightly agape yet there is no saliva dripping on the side of his mouth. There's his evident bed head in all it's glory, still quite fresh and Jeongguk can't help but feel anxious when he realizes he's caught him on such a tender moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter