Sticky Notes

Sticky Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung stretched his arms and legs as the morning came. He reached for his phone to check the time. He tapped two times on the screen and the light of his phone nearly blinded him because it was so bright. The time displayed was "9:01 AM" which meant he had about an hour and thirty minutes to get to school on time. Luckily the dorm was only a fifteen minute walk away from the university.

Taehyung stood up and made his way to his wardrobe.

"Good morning, hyung! I ironed your clothes for you; you're a really bad hyung for making your dongsaeng do this! You better treat me later, okay? I would've woke you up but you were so cute"

A smile tugged at Taehyung's lips while reading the pink sticky note his roommate left him. His roommate, Jeongguk, always did this for Taehyung. There were a lot of moments where Taehyung forgot about many things and Jeongguk wanted to help him, and so he came up with the sticky notes.

Jeongguk usually woke up earlier than Taehyung because his classes started much earlier. Jeongguk gets up everyday grabbing a sharpey and a bunch of sticky notes to write a few reminders. At first it was all lined up on a wall like a to-do list but over time it changed and it included a few messages Jeongguk wanted to say which Taehyung enjoyed.

He pulled the note of the wardrobe and crumpled it then proceeded to place it in the bin. He opened the wardrobe door and grabbed his uniform.

"Don't skip breakfast today, hyung" the note on the hanger read.

Taehyung glanced at the clock and immediately felt chills down his spine.

"I can't promise you anything Jeongguk," Taehyung said and place the note in the bin.

He then proceeded to the bathroom. He took off his shirt and pants then his underwear.

"Scrub well, hyung! Don't let the germs beat you"

He pulled the note off and did the same thing he did with the others and proceeded to shower.

"Hyung," Jeongguk begged

They were seated at the park on a bench with only themselves. The sun was out and the leaves were running freely around the place, it was currently autumn and that meant the cold was coming soon. Taehyung forgot to bring a jacket today so Jeongguk got worried.

"You're acting like you're my mom, plus it's just one day, I'm not going to get sick by not wearing a jacket one day," Taehyung stated.

"Alright! But you're still going to treat me because I ironed your clothes, right?" Jeongguk reminded him.

"I-I thought you forgot about that," Taehyung said jokingly and slowly slipped away from the younger one. Jeongguk noticed Taehyung trying escape him and they ended up running around the park, Jeongguk chasing Taehyung, and Taehyung running away from Jeongguk. Eventually Jeongguk caught Taehyung by embracing him from behind, although he exerted too much force and ended up on top of his hyung.

They were caught in an awkward position and so Jeongguk quickly stood up off his hyung.

"Y-You have to treat me now that I caught you," Jeongguk stuttered.

He stared at his hyung who was sitting down on the grass with his legs slightly stretched open and his hands behind him on the grass giving him support to sit up. His mouth was slightly open and he was clearly out of breath. His head was down but his eyes were looking up as if he was posing for a photo shoot. The sunshine found its way to Taehyung's vision causing him to slightly keep one of his eyes closed.

Then he realized, staring wasn't socially accepted.

"Alright, fine."

Luckily Jeongguk was dealing with Taehyung; probably the last person who would think that staring is "unacceptable".

Taehyung got up by himself although Jeongguk wanted to help; he found himself not being in control of his limbs and turned numb at the sight of his hyung in the position

The last scene played repeatedly in his head causing a streak of red grow on his cheeks as he followed his hyung to the nearest ice cream store. He walked a little behind Taehyung as he didn't want him to see him blushing, even if it was Taehyung.

It was times like these that Jeongguk found it a blessing that his hyung doesn't notice minor details like blushing, or being flustered or maybe even undying love.

There are times that Jeongguk hates his hyung for being like this.

Jeongguk woke up, seeing Taehyung sound asleep in the next room where he goes immediately to set the notes up.

He wrote down the notes of reminders and things Taehyung needed to do that day, he didn't write much just a few things he absolutely needed to remember.

After writing down the notes he quietly walked across their room, sticking the pads where they were supposed to be put. Things like "don't forget to brush your teeth, hyung" or "don't skip breakfast today" seem insignificant to Taehyung but to Jeongguk it meant a little more if not a lot. These notes showed how much Jeongguk actually cared for his hyung. He was younger than him so Taehyung couldn't look at him as a loving older brother, just someone who cares a lot, and so he did this.

But of course, it is Kim Taehyung.

Jeongguk scanned the room and checked if he missed any notes he was supposed to put on or maybe some notes were placed on the wrong surface. One last round of checking and Jeongguk was all set to go and do the rest of what he had to do; except for one last thing;

"I love you" the lines that the black sharpie read.

He held one red sticky note in his hand. He contemplated whether or not he would place this anywhere in the room other the trash. He's had this note for quite some time now but he's never had the courage to place it anywhere where Taehyung could actually see it.

But of course at the end, he couldn't put it up, completely drowned in doubts of what the outcome of his actions would be.

He folded the paper nicely and placed in the trash where it, in his opinion, belonged.

He felt Taehyung's body move slightly even though he was on the bed, he moaned slightly and that sent chills down Jeongguk spine.

And so, with that, Jeongguk quickly went out of Taehyung's room to get ready for the day.

He really hated his dense hyung.


"Come on, Taehyung!" Jeongguk overheard Jimin's voice from the other room.

Jeongguk was confused as to what Taehyung and Jimin's relationship was. At times Jimin would get a bit clingy towards Taehyung but he ends up being rejected by Taehyung by pushing his arms away, leaving Jimin with a frown, and even though Jeongguk would deny it, he would be smiling inside if not out.

Jeongguk overheard what they were talking about. Something about a party where, according to Jimin's words, everyone is going to; quote unquote. Taehyung seemed reluctant to say yes to the invitation stating "parties weren't his thing" and suggested that he "should bring Hoseok instead".

Jeongguk wouldn't mind if his hyung went to the party but on the other hand another night with just the two of them would be nice.

Jimin continued to persuade Taehyung to go to the party and when Jeongguk proceeded to the room they were in and Taehyung thought of an idea.

"I'll go if Jeongguk comes with!" Taehyung exclaimed and glanced at Jeongguk

Taehyung's words didn't process fast enough in Jeongguk's head and when they did all Jeongguk could utter was a quiet "huh". Jimin stared at Jeongguk waiting eagerly for his answer like a little dog looking for food. Jeongguk glanced at Taehyung who was also anticipating his reply.

Then the next thing he knew, Jeongguk is being dragged by his two hyungs to the room and they made him get ready for the oh-so-important party that everyone was going to; quote unquote.

They arrived at the party where on the way Jeongguk and Taehyung found out it was hosted by the one and only Kim Namjoon, probably the smartest guy in the school.

As they stepped in the house they found a couple eating each other's heads or you know, making out passionately.

Immediately Jeongguk wanted to go home.

The house was a mansion, and by mansion, I literally mean mansion. The type of mansions you see in movies where the cliché cool kid lives in with all the big fancy glass windows.

They continued to walk in the house and slowly Jimin got excited seeing everyone drinking booze and having what their definition of "fun" was, be it drinking a bunch of unfamiliar beverages that are probably the reason for half of the diseases we have today or playing tonsil tennis with every single person you see, maybe even both.

Jimin spotted the bar where he and Taehyung sat down and Jeongguk followed, not wanting Taehyung to be out of his sight for even a second.

Jimin grabbed a bottle of what Jeongguk couldn't catch the name of and poured it in a red solo cup and proceeded to drink it. Jimin offered the two the beverage; Jeongguk refused however Taehyung agreed to have a cup.

After a few minutes Jimin was the definition of drunk and Taehyung laughed at everything his vision caught.

Seeing Taehyung like this was new to Jeongguk, Taehyung be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter