Second Chance (2min) (An Encore)

Odd

a.n listen to an encore if u can while reading bc i was listening the whole time im writing it and i think it rly sets the mood. 


Taemin smiles against his new husband's chest, snuggling closer. He felt his heart swell up with happiness, being able to lie down and have this perfect man all to himself, everything felt like a dream.

"Hyung." He mumbles, earning a sleepy hum from the other. "Can you hug me like this everyday from now on?" He tilt his head back to look at the other's face. The other smiled as he looked at him.

"Of course, Taem. Till death do us cuddle." Minho said and grinned, earning a small chuckle from the younger. 

"That's a promise!"

***

The alarm ring loudly in the morning, Taemin then lazily rubs the sleepiness out of his eye, feeling the bed tilt behind him. He then sat up and stretch a little before walking out of the bedroom to prepare breakfast for his little family.

A few pancakes after, turned the stove off and arranged the breakfast on the dining table and walked to a small bedroom right near his.

"Yoogeunah, wake up, you need to go to school~" He sang songed as he softly shook the small boy. Yoogeun groans and flips his body, burying his face in the pillow. Taemin chuckles lightly. "Aww, you act just like your dad."

"5 more minutes.." 

"Exactly like dad." He then pulled the comforter off the boy, making him groan louder. He picks him up and walk into the dining room with the sleepy boy in his arms, finding Minho already seated and drinking his cup of coffee. "Good Morning, Hyung." He greeted, earning a nod and small hum.

"Dad I don't wanna go to school my head huuuurts." He said, pouting to Taemin. He laughed and faked a gasp, Yoogeun always uses this excuse when he was too lazy to go to school. But he still checked his temperature, putting his palm on the boy's forehead.

"Hmm? But you don't feel warm?" He could hear Minho scoffed across the table.

"Oh, cmon he used that excuse everyday." He said, not taking his eyes off his phone. "You can't keep acting like you believe him he would continue to lie." 

"What if one day he really is sick, hyung?" He pats Yoogeun's head, letting the boy know that he wasn't mad at him. But it didn't make Yoogeun stop his pouting.

"I'm sorry, daddy.." He mumbles, not daring enough to look up, in case he met eyes with him. Minho didnt answer, only scoffing once again and telling Taemin that he would be off to work.

"It's okay, baby. He just want you to go to school so you'd grow up smart." He smiled at the boy and riffles his hair. "Now eat a lot so you'll be strong in school!"

**

That night, Taemin went home from a small mart next to their house and he saw Minho sitting at the dining table.

"Ah, hyung, you're home? You must be hungry let me just fix something real quick-"

"No, Taem. I ate already. Can you sit down I need to talk." Taemin stared at him blankly, they haven't had a real conversation in a long time, he was worried about this talk. He put his small plastic bags of puddings and coffees down and walk silently to sit across him. 

"W-what is it, hyung?" He smiled, trying to look natural, but Minho didn't say anything, he just pushed a piece of paper across the table, letting Taemin read for himself.

"D..divorce?" He read aloud, lifting his head to look at the older. Minho shifted his eyes to the side, not wanting to meet his eyes. But he gave him a little nod.

Taemin smiled and shook his head. He let out a dry chuckle, of course, he wasn't dumb. he knew what's up. "It's Sulli isn't it?" He felt it since the time she was pregnant. Minho took way too much care of her. At the time Taemin just shook it off as a father-to-be instinct. He thought it was normal, since she sacraficed so much to help them have a baby, it's the least they could do. But since then thwy never stopped contacting each other, sometimes, Minho wouldn't even come home at nights.

"Thank God. I thought you were dumb or something I've been leaving reciepts everywhere but you never once brought it up." Of course he knew. He found thise reciepts. Fancy restaurants, expensive gifts, motels. But he didn't want to bring it up, he hoped that Minho would come to his senses and stop. Afterall, he still loved him as much as the moment they said their vows seven years ago. "Look you just need to sign here. I'll give you half my company but give Yoogeun to me, I mean I'm his biological dad anyways."

He then read the whole letter, it contains exactly that. "Hyung, I don't need your money." He mumbled softly.

"Look, Taemin I know you want to be the one to take care of Yoogeun but-"

"No, I just want time. I'll leave Yoogeun to you, and I won't take half your company." He said, still staring at the piece of paper, despite how blurry his eyes are, making it impossible to read any of the sentences.

"Time?" Minho looked at him, confused.

"...One month, that's all I want." He rubbed his eyes, wiping off all the tears that had been pooling. "Hey, Hyung. Do you remember our promise on our wedding night?" He looked up, smiling widely, as if nothing happened.

"Um.." He thought for a while. "Till death do us cuddle?" He squinted, not sure where he was going with this.

"Yes! Fulfill that promise for a month. And then I'll leave you." Minho was just about to open his mouth to protest, but he cut him off. "And I'll leave on weekends so you'd be able to spend time with Yoogeunie. I mean he barely knows you, hyung. He wouldn't like it if he have to live with someone he barely knows." The older thought for a moment before nodding.

"Sure, it's just for a month anyways."

***

The first few nights were awkward. They havent done this in almost five years. 

Around the fifth night it felt okay, it's not too awkward anymore. But still he'd rather sleep alone, still. 

For the first weekend, Yoogeun keep crying to Minho, asking for Taemin. He couldn't sleep because Taemin didn't sing his lullaby for him. He said Minho's voice was scary.

The second week, Minho started to pay attention to Taemin as he was sleeping. He never realize how small and fragile the other is. He felt like if he hold him just a bit tighter, he would crumble in his arms. He realized how much thinner Taemin had gotten since they got married. How much paler, even his hair didn't shine like how it used to.

He started to pay more attention to Taemin even when he's not asleep. He saw how he seems to be so tired now, probably taking care of a baby alone had really taken a toll on him.

The second weekend, he took Yoogeun to go shopping for toys, he was all over the place. It was the first time Yoogeun said that he loved Minho since as long as he could remember.

The third week, they got so much closer, They could talk when they cuddle on the bed now. Minho would talk about his boring work and Taemin would tell him everything new about Yoogeun

Minho was terrified of the next week.

The third weekend, Minho took Yoogeun to a waterpark, there they played a lot of water slides, here Minho started to notice how even though he looks exactly like him, Yoogeun is like a miniature of Taemin.

The last week, Minho could feel him getting anxious with each days passing. He could feel himself checking the clock when he was working, waiting for night time.

On friday, Minho couldn't sleep at all. He was thinking about everything. Maybe this isn't what he actually wanted. Maybe their relationship just need some time and it'll be back to seven years ago. They were happy. They were in love. He still loved Taemin. Maybe it's just because Taemin was always there for him, he never realized he could lose him. He got too comfortable. He took him for granted. But it's clear that there is still feelings left for Taemin.

The last weekend, He took Yoogeun to the Amusement park, they played every game that allows someone as tiny as Yoogeun on it. He couldn't focus that much this week.

He have three more days to figure out what to do. the first two days went normal. they talked a lot and then fell asleep holding each other.

On the last day, they didn't talk. Minho got into the bed, where Taemin already lied down, but this time Taemin didn't turn to face him, Minho knew, his whole body was shaking. He scooted closer and hugged Taemin from behind. Taemin stopped for a moment, then he turned and burried his face in his chest. Minho held him the whole night, as he cried, it hurt him but he can't bring himself to say anything, he wasn't sure what he should do.

***

"Yes, Oppa? Today you'll finally be able to divorce him, right?"

"Sulli, I'm sorry. I- I just realized.. I still do love him it's just that we haven't spend any time together lately so-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN LATELY? I'VE BEEN WITH YOU FOR 5 YEARS!"

"I.. I know, I'm sorry."

***

"Welcome, what do you need?"

"I.. need a boquet of lillies, please." 

"Sure! Do you want a card to go with it?"

"Yes, please."

"Here, write the message here."

I'm sorry. Please stay with me. I still love you.

***

"Taeminah!" He called out as soon as he reached his house. He looked for the other, but he couldn't find him. He went to their bedroom, he then found the signed divorce paper on top of their bed. "No." He rushed to their closet, it was half empty, Taemin's stuff were already gone. He cursed under his breath and went to find his phone.

On the dining table, he found a nice plate of steak and a letter.

Hey hyung! Consider this a thank you for making my last wish came true! ^^ I had an amazing month. Please take care of Yoogeun and yourself well. Remember to eat, because no matter how important your job is, your health should be number one, okay? Thank you for sharing the past ten years with me. I love you! ^^

P.S. If Yoogeun asked where I am just told him that I left you, it's okay if Yoogeun hates me he would never see me again anyways.

P.P.S. don't forget, Yoogeun is allergic to nuts! Don't kill your baby~

" ." Minho could feel his eyes getting blurry. What were he thinking? Taemin was, and will always be the best thing that had ever happened to him. He was so dumb.

"Hello?"

"Taeminah-"
 
"I signed the paper. It's on top of the bed, hyung."
 
 
"N..no. Please come back. I'm sorry for being a jerk. I love you, I still love you, I have never stopped- I just forgot that I did. I was dumb I'm sorry." The line went silent. "Taeminah? You there?"
 
"I'm sorry."
 
"Taeminah please, having you close to me and talking to you for the past month made me realize that the one I actually love is you. It had always been you. we are meant to be together, Taem."
 
"I'm sorry, I was selfish. I shouldn't have asked for you to do that, if I had known it would end up like this, I would never asked you to do this. I can't come back, hyung. I'm sick. I wouldn't live that long anymore. You should forget me, get married to Sulli and raise Yoogeun well, I'm so sorry hyung. I didn't know that would cause you to think that you still love me."
 
"Taeminah. We can go through this together. I can be there for you I-"
 
"I'm sorry hyung but.. goodbye."

a.n. HOLY I HATE THE ENDING AND THE TITLE IDK HOW TO END IT IM SORRY