Brown and Gold (View)(Jongtae)

Odd

Taemin put on his earphones in before opening his front door to walk down the street. He disliked noisy place, it got somehow confusing when theres too much noises around. He smiled, closing his eyes for a moment, he could see some strands of light blue colored ribbons. He always loved the singer's voice, or the color of it, to be more specific. His voice was always so calming.

He walked down the street, humming along to the song that was blasting through his ears. He finally reached the small dessert shop on the end of the street, where he worked. He put his bag down and put on his uniform, smiling to his reflection in the mirror his eyes widened a bit as he saw strands of pink flew past his vision as he heard the bell rang, signalling that a customer just entered the shop. He walked towards the cashier and smiled, "How can I help you?"

***

He was walking down the same street, without his earphones this time, it's night time and way quieter, only a few people talking every once in a while. The weather that night was amazing. Its just the right amount of breeze, it's not too cold, neither too hot. That's why he decided not to walk his usual way home, instead he took a detour and took the long way. As he was walking down the street, he started to see the prettiest strands of color he had ever seen, it was mainly brown, with some strands of gold, it was almost as if it was sparkling. He followed the beautiful voice, and he finally found a street singer, singing his heart out as he played his guitar, the guitar case on the ground, containing some coins. Taemin then sat down on sidewalk, with just enough distance between them for him not to look too creepy. He closed his eyes, for him to be able to focus solely on the colors and the sound of the singer's voice. After the song was over he finally opened his eyes and stood up, dusting off his and continued his walk home, dropping a couple dollars to the singer's guitar case as he walked pass him. I definetely found a better way home.

 

a few days went by as he continued his new routine; going to work, walking home, stop to listen one song from the street singer, continue to walk home. But on the fifth day, he stopped at the singer's usual spot, but he couldn's spot him anywhere. He turned his head left and right, still no sign of the said singer. after a couple of minutes waiting he sighed and decided to go home. But as he turned to walk home, he saw the familiar brown and gold ribbons, and some rushed footsteps.

"Sorry! I'm late." He turned to the source of the voice, seeing the singer panting lightly. "I missed my bus." Taemin looked at him blankly, he can clearly see that he was looking right into his eyes but it can't be. He couldn't have known him, right? Taemin always had kept a safe distance. So, he turned around, checking his surrounding. The singer than chuckles lightly. "I'm talking to you, rich guy who gave a street singer like two bucks a day."

Taemin could feel every single drop of blood in his body moving upwards to his cheeks. "W- wait how did you know me?" The singer then raised his eyebrow giving him the 'are-you-being-freaking-serious-right-now' look.

"You'd sit like two metres next to me for no reason, close your eyes, smiles and leave after I finished one song and gave me two bucks while the others gave me like a penny, so its not that big of a surprise don't you think?" well, . Did I smile like an idiot or like- prettily? He heard the singer laughs once more. "Don't look so frightened, you didn't look that creepy." He teased, trying to ease the other.

"Gee, thanks." Taemin finally smiled and chuckled lightly.

"But really, it's really is an honor, like no one would actually listen to my singing, you're the first." The singer grinned widely, that Taemin could see his whole teeth, bottom and top.

"Really? Well, it's their loss! Your voice is just really amazing, and pretty, too!" He nodded eagerly, somehow relieved after he let out his admiration to the man's voice.

"Well, thanks, I actually prefer to be called handsome but-"

"Noo! I meant your voice!" He waved his hands in front his face. "A-although, you don't look that bad either." He corrected himself almost immediately, making the singer laugh.

"Gee, thanks. You have a really unique way on complimenting voice though, I definetely do not hear my voice is 'pretty' everyday." He put his hand out to shake the other's. "Oh, by the way, I'm Jonghyun."

"Taemin." He smiled and reach Jonghyun's hand. "Ah, yeah it's because I actually have synesthesia."

"Sin..e- what?" He furrowed his eyebrow in confusion.          

"Synesthesia. That's a rare- well, not so rare condition where my senses kind of 'crossed' each other.. like.. I can see voice." Jonghyun widens his eyes and mouthed a quiet 'whoa', not saying a thing, letting the other continue. "Well, some people can smell or taste colors, feel the weight of scent, seeing the color or shape of sounds, and so on."

"That is sooooo cool!" The singer almost yelled, "Can you tell me what my voice looks like?" He looked so thrilled, almost like a puppy whose owner just got home.

"Well, I see the strands of colors of voices, yours is like a rich brown ribbon with a really sparkly gold strands spiralling around it. It's really pretty." As they were talking, Taemin saw the familiar light blue ribbon, the sound of his favorite singer. "I've got to take this-"

"YAH! TAEMINAH! WHERE ARE YOU? I'VE BEEN WAITING IN FRONT OF THE DOOR FOR LIKE FOREVER DID YOU GET HIT BY A CAR OR SOMETHING?"

"YAH MINHO HYUNG STOP YELLING YOU'RE BLOWING MY EARS OFF, and- I didn't get hit by a car and where is your key?"

"I forgot it!! What's taking you so long? Geez!"

"It's not my fault you're so freaking forgetful!" He rolled his eyes, putting the phone away from his face to talk to the singer. "I'm sorry my roomate is being a and I have to go-"

"I HEARD THAT, TAEMINAH!"

Jonghyun laughed and nodded, waving his hand in a dismissing gesture. "Nice to meet you!" Taemin grinned and bows as he waved and run off back home, still talking- arguing to his phone. "Jesus Christ hyung stop yelling you wouldnt have this problem if you stop being so forgetful like literally shut up-"

***

The next day, Taemin was thinking hard whether he should walk home like normal or just go back to the faster way. Sure, their little conversation went quite nicely yesterday, but it's still really embarassing nonetheless. He spent his whole shift thinking about that one matter. In the end he decided not to go to where the street singer usually sing that day. 

He walked down his usual street today, not taking a detour, even though he really wanted to. It's just gonna be awkward if he still sits on the sidewalk after knowing Jonghyun had found him.

A couple of weeks passed and he barely have any urge to listen to the singer anymore. He was wiping the counter, a thing he always do when he got nothing to do and no customer to look after when he saw the familiar pink strands, turning his head to the door, he widened his eyes at the figure in front of him. The figure opened his mouth and once again he saw the beautiful brown and gold strands.

"Yah why don't you ever come to listen to me anymore? You reduced my weekly earnings by 14 dollars!" He grinned, showing the perfect rows of teeth. 

"Did.. did you stalk me?" Taemin's response immediately put a shocked expression on the singer's face.

"What? Of course not! I just asked around if people know Taemin who lives around here." He tried to explain himself, looking somehow offended.

"Isn't that what people called stalking, though?" He then stopped and furrowed his eyebrow, as if he was thinking. He then lightly shakes his head, mumbling a silent 'I dont think so'.

"WELL ANYWAYS!" He continued, pretending as if the discussion they had a few minutes ago never happened. "I think we need to grab a coffee together sometimes. You see, I'm a freelance songwriter, and you- i mean your condition- what was it again? Synthestic-"

"Synesthesia." He cut off.

"Right. Synhesia, really inspire me! I need to know more about you and your condition so I can create a beautiful song out of it!" He then pulled out his phone from his pocket, sliding it on the counter, placing it in front of Taemin. "So if you can type in your number, It would be great." Taemin chuckled lightly and took his phone, putting in his number, handing it back to the singer after he made sure he didn't put in a wrong number. "OK. Save. Two bucks guy." He typed, ignoring the small 'yah' from the other. 


 

Everyone is lost for words like you

Beyond fourth dimensional, a miraculous view

Sweetly dip it in and eat the fondue of light

You can start seeing the color of the music

 

I feel that you’ve become sensitive

A clear color and the sixth sense

Tonight is the night

It’s alright if it’s a bit rough

Act more sensitive

Don’t hide it anymore

 

Such a beautiful view

Such a beautiful view

Show me more, the next view

Such a beautiful view

Such a beautiful view (to that place)

Such a beautiful view (take me)

Show me more, the next view (show me more)

Such a beautiful view

 

The sky is beautifully spread

In the ocean, time is in a bottle

I dream of peacefully walking (by my side)

Whatever it is you imagined, I’ll show you everything

Now tell me yeah yeah

 

I feel that you’ve become sensitive

The soft touch and endless senses

Tonight is the night

It’s alright if it’s weird

The moment you pass the limit of your sleeping senses

(Yeah-yeah-yeah)

 

You were so used to being bored, you forgot about the specialness

Now slowly lift your head

Kiss me on my eyes

 

To that beautiful place

Take me to that beautiful place

 

It’ll be the first time for anyone, like you (I feel a thousand senses)

Smelling and tasting the star light (I’ll never leave you lonely)

Feeling the weight of the scent (I won’t let you down)

Seeing the color and shape of sounds


a.n. ok the song Jjong wrote is obv view- I wanted to put the lyrics in the story but I can't find a way to without making the stort super ridiculously long. I dont usually write but when i read the translation about the conversation jjong had in blue night with someone who can see voice and his inspiration behind View.. i cant help myself to write this ;; so please leave a comment a critic or anything because I have no idea what im doing