First Encounter

I'm Busy

warning: there might be a lot of spelling and grammatical errors I REALLY DO APOLOGIZE. I tried my best to update ASAP. but enjoy!!!


    “Hyung he’s opening his eyes! He’s alive!” Woohyun said. 

    “Yah, you sound like Dr. Frankenstein. Be quiet,” Sunggyu hushed. 

    “Huh, why did you guys come home so early? I thought you guys all have schedules,” Sungyeol moaned. He saw the bright white lights from above. Sungyeol tried to rub his eyes but he felt a strong material blocking him; it was a cast for his arm. He winced in pain. He looked up and saw that all the Infinite members were surrounding him. That’s when he realized, he wasn’t in the dorm; he was in the hospital. “Yah! Why am I in a hospital? What happened to me!? The last thing I remember is walking around Seoul. Did I get shot?!” 

    “Hyung you’re so loud, even in the hospital. They said you were hit by a speeding car and here you are now,” answered Sungjong. 

    “What the heck! What’s going to happen to Infinite?!” exclaimed Sungyeol. 

    “Manager hyung said that our hiatus will just extend because you’re expected to stay here for a month or so,” said Dongwoo. 

“A month! What am I going to do? I did nothing at home, what is there for me to do here?” 

“Ah Sungyeol, you woke up. We were afraid that we gave you too many anesthetics and you wouldn’t wake up. Oops, I’ve said too much. Anyway, here’s the basic rundown of your situation. You broke your left arm but only sprained your left leg. So we need you to stay here for about a month or so, depending on your progress, for physical therapy. Also, we have a bunch of fans waiting for you. Do you want us to send them in or tell them you’re not here? It’s up to you.” 

“Tell them I'm not here. I don't want my fans to see me in this state. I don't even want to see myself like this."

    "Don't say that. It's only going to get better from here, chin up!" Dr. Kim cheered. "If you need anything, use the set of buttons next to your bed. There's a sheet of paper that tells you what each button means. I’ll be going now.”

    Sungyeol took a moment to go over the buttons and that paper. The buttons were differentiated by colors. The red button was for dire emergencies like heart attacks or . Pressing blue button was an indication that a patient wants a sponge bath. The green button was for escorting the patient from point A to point B. Lastly, the yellow button was for calling patient's nurse. He cleared his voice and said "Guys, you should leave now. I'm taking up time from your schedules." 

    "No, you aren't. Don't talk about-" said Sunggyu.

    "Please, just go. I don't want anyone to see me like this, not even you guys. I just want to be alone for a while. Tell the same thing to everyone at the company and the manager hyungs."

    Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungjong acknowledged Sungyeol's wishes. Of course they wanted to stay with Sungyeol, but he did make a point. 

    Sungyeol was finally in peace. He looked around the room to look for a clock. There was a digital clock next to his bed that read 2:57 PM in bright red LED lights. He was really mad at himself. He thought why did he have to go out at that time, that day, that street? Why couldn't he just stayed home for another day? Why did he have to get hit? Why not someone else? Just why? He simply just overthought his situation; from overthinking, Sungyeol slept. 

    "Hello, Sungyeol-ssi? Are you awake?" said his nurse, Youngmi. He was half awake when he heard her voice; he simply nodded his head to answer her. "Well, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Choi Youngmi, your nurse. Think of me as a caretaker. It’s dinner time in the hospital, what would you like to eat?"

    The patient turned his face to the sound of a female voice. He wanted to eat his favorite food in a time like this. Sungyeol said, "I would like donkatsu, please.” Youngmi took a pen out of her chest pocket and wrote down donkatsu.

“Is there anything else you want? Extra pillows? Orange juice?” Youngmi asked.  

“If it’s not too much for you, can you itch my arm underneath the cast?” he added. 

    "Yes, right away!" she said as she itched him with a long medical tube tool carefully. Youngmi briefly glanced at Sungyeol’s sparse eyebrows while Sungyeol looked into her dark yet limpid eyes. There was an awkward, but relaxed vibe between them. When she finished itching Sungyeol, Youngmi hurried out the room and headed for the cafeteria to pick up his food. Youngmi thought he was quite peculiar for staring at her so much, but little did she know, for Sungyeol, that was the most action he got from a while in a long time. 

    When she left, Sungyeol reached for the TV remote control and pressed the power button. He flipped through all three television channels offered: KBS, MBC, and SBS, then immediately turned off the TV. For such a renowned hospital, he would've thought more channels would be offered. Again, Sungyeol was alone with his thoughts. He wondered why he was staring at her eyes, and if she thought he was weird for staring at her so much. He also thought why was she staring at his eyes too; maybe because it was a nurse's job? Then, he felt a sudden rush in his groin. He began to shake his only free leg.

    Sungyeol smelled the strong scent of fried pork from the hallway, meaning that his nurse Youngmi came with his food. Youngmi came into his room Sungyeol immediately shouted, "Take me to the bathroom!"

    Without hesitation, Youngmi helped Sungyeol get out of the bed. She gripped her hands onto his torso and got him to sit up. Then, she took his free arm and put it around her burdened shoulder. Sungyeol stood up, leaning more on his right leg. He was somewhat able to walk, but Youngmi still guided him to the closest bathroom. With every step he took with his sprained left leg, Sungyeol winced in pain but he was still a bit happy that a woman was touching him. As they arrived to the bathroom, an awkward vibe made its way between the two of them. 

    "Do you think you're going to need help with… well, you know," Youngmi said as she pointed to Sungyeol's crotch. 

    "Uh, I think I got it. Can you wait for me outside?" he said. Sungyeol felt so embarrassed. 

*            *           *          *          *

    By now, Sungyeol and Youngmi are already in his room. She got him to lay back down on the bed. Looking at the windows, Youngmi saw that nightfall came thus prompting her to say good night to her patient and end her shift. When she was about to do it, she was interrupted. 

    "Youngmi, d-do you think you can stay for a little while?" Sungyeol mumbled. 

    "Well depends, how long is 'a little while?'" 

    "Maybe like about ten minutes?" 

    "Alright, but only ten minutes," asserted Youngmi. 


im so sorry if i made anyway wait a long time omg

BUT GUYS INFINITE WORLD CONCERT AHHHHHHH its great but not really knowing how ill they are 

i want to see them but they're so tired and sick so i want them to rest like for A YEAR

chapter 3 is gonna come soon i promise ^^