Accident

I'm Busy

    Sungyeol arose from his deep sleep, once again. He was the only member of Infinite to have no schedule. During the first few weeks, Sungyeol was nothing but ecstatic about his laxed schedule but it proved to be utter hell for him later on. All he did was eat, sleep, poop and repeat. The other members of Infinite were both full of envy and worry.

    It was 11:45 AM, no one was in the dorm except Sungyeol. Sungyeol dragged his lanky body from his room to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and frowned.    

    "Today, I will leave the house and have a fun day," sternly said to himself. Sungyeol the faucet then cupped his hands to gather the water and wash his face. He reached for his toothbrush and the toothpaste; he actively brushed his teeth with a smile as thinking about leaving the dorm. Mindlessly, Sungyeol took off his clothes and the shower. Like any other human being, he did not want to smell bad in public.

    As he finished washing himself, Sungyeol turned off the shower and walked bare to the other end of the dorm to get a towel. Normally, he would not do this because the Infinite members will complain about body, but no one was there to complain. Once he dried himself completely, Sungyeol retreated back to his room to dress himself. He opened his small closet, and picked out a simple white T-shirt and black denim skinny jeans. On the bookshelf, there was a shelf dedicated to all his accessories because he donated most of his books to the library. Sungyeol took out a New York Yankees baseball cap and jet black sunglasses, and put them on. He grabbed the pair of socks closest to him and put on a pair of cool sneakers.

    With this outfit, Sungyeol thought that no one would be able to recognize him. At the last minute, he shoved his keys, money, and phone into his pocket then left. He deeply inhaled the air; it was not clean air but it was something different.

    Sungyeol walked around Seoul aimlessly. He wanted to go to the closest cafe to get some Americano coffee. The cross walk signal turned green, meaning that pedestrians are able to cross the street. As Sungyeol crossed the street, a taxi was approaching rapidly and refused to acknowledge the traffic rules. Before the taxi driver could break, he had hit someone. Sungyeol had out. He was the unlucky pedestrian who fell victim to reckless driving. The taxi driver immediately hopped out of his car to see who he hit. He took out his phone and dialled 119 (A/N: the Korean equivalent to 911).

    "119, what's your emergency?" questioned the call taker. (A/N: Sorry, I don't know who takes these calls lol)

    "There is a car accident at the intersection of 76th Street and 21st Avenue in Seoul. Unfortunately someone got severely inred and is currently bleeding. Please come quickly!" shouted the taxi driver.

    "Thank you, we will be there shortly," said the call taker. Then he hung up.

    People were starting to crowd around Sungyeol at the scene. The taxi driver wrapped his sweater around Sungyeol's left arm to prevent excessive bleeding. He couldn't stop crying but he had to leave the scene because he had a client.

    "Is that Sungyeol from Infinite?" said a young middle school boy. He took off Sungyeol's accessories and everyone gasped. They all took pictures and uploaded it on social media. WIthin seconds, #PrayForSungyeol trended on Twitter, Naver, Daum, and other popular sites.

    "Enough pictures! There are enough pictures of Infinite's Sungyeol on the internet. We have to take care of him immediately!" said one of the EMTs. Sungyeol's arms and leg were swiftly lifted by the EMTs to put his body onto the gurney. The gurney was pushed into the ambulance. Just like that, everyone left.

    The EMTs took off the taxi driver's sweater on Sungyeol's left arm. They replaced the sweater with a real bandage. Unfortunately, they had to cut off Sungyeol's skinny jeans to see if there was any irregularity on the lower half of his body. Before inspecting for more injury, the ambulance already arrived to the emergency room.

    They rushed him to one of the emergency operations room. Sungyeol was still unconscious. His body was put onto the operating bed and the anesthesiologist put a faint amount of drugs to keep him unconscious for a longer period of time just in case he woke up during the operation. The doctors worked on his fixing his body meticulously while one of the secretaries got a hold of his phone and contacted the first speed dial number.

    Sunggyu felt a vibration in his pants and took out his phone. It was a call from Sungyeol.

    "What do you want, Sungyeol? I'm in the middle of vocal practice." Sunggyu asked, as he thought it was Sungyeol on the other line.

    "This is not Sungyeol, but I am calling to inform you that he is currently in Seoul University Medical Hospital. He was involved in a car accident and it is crucial that you come to the emergency room immediately."
    "What? I'm coming now!" yelled Sungkyu. He immediately texted the other members.

To: Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Myungsoo, and Yah! Lee Sungjong

From: Sungkyu

SUNGYEOL IS IN SEOUL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL. COME TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM ASAP. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. DROP EVERYTHING AND GET HERE.

    They were all worried. Sungkyu usually didn't text them but it was the only way to reach all of them. In a matter of fifteen minutes, the rest of Infinite arrived to the emergency room waiting area.

    "Hyung, what happened to Sungyeol?!" Sungjong cried out.

    "He got hit by a car," Sungkyu grimly answered. Everyone faced the floor in shock and found six empty seats to sit in. Sungkyu went to the front desk and asked about Sungyeol. He was a bit surprised that he was Sungyeol's first speed dial number. He would've expected one of Sungyeol's family members, but then again Sunggyu is the leader of Infinite.

    "Sungyeol is still undergoing operation. He is going to be okay, do not worry. He will be done with his operation around 1:15 PM, then transfer to a resting room. You and the rest of your friends can visit him in Room 79 on the 6th floor at 1:40 PM. Thank you for coming so quickly," said the front desk lady.

    Sunggyu nodded and walked back to the main waiting area. He checked his phone for the time; it was 1:07 PM.

    "Hyung, what did she say about Sungyeol?" Dongwoo asked.

    "She said that Sungyeol is going to be okay and we can see him in about 35 minutes. I just hope he isn't in a full body cast..." said Sungkyu.

    "Guys, look at this! #PrayForSungyeol is trending on Twitter but look at the top posts... There are pictures of him right after the crash. How can they manage to take a picture of him but not help him in any way?!" Woohyun shouted.

    "That's just the world we live in now," Myungsoo said.

    The Infinite members sulked silently until they were able to see Sungyeol. They never thought anything like this could happen to the group.


Well that was rather long... I hope you guys liked this chapter :)