One shot

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Junhee unnie.” Kyungsoon’s hesitant voice brings her back to reality. She turns around to find Jongin is looking at her worriedly at the driver seat and Kyungsoon’s wary ones from the back seat.

“Noona, I think it’s better if I-”

“No, Jongin.” Junhee states firmly, forcing a smile at Jongin to ease her brother’s anxiousness. “This is the least that I can do to help him for the last time, Jongin.”

Jongin shares a glance with Kyungsoon, his noona could be so stubborn if she wants to. There is nothing would change her mind, so he nods, agreeing to the plan.

“I will be waiting with Kyungsoon here. Take all time you need, Noona.”

Junhee gives him a small smile, more sincere than the last one. “Thanks, Jongin.”

---

Junhee walks slowly to the cream colored front gate, swallowing the lump on , she couldn’t cry now. Not when Jongin is watching her intently. She opens the gate slowly, fingers lingering on one of the rail.

“Where is this? Whose house is this?” Junhee looked around the house that Yifan brought her to. It was simple yet spacious and it had a huge garden, she had already imagined she would love to decorate the garden with lavender and baby’s breath flowers that Yifan always liked.

“Do you like it?” She turned around to find Yifan was grinning at her, draping his arms around her waist and kissing the side of her head.

“I love it. I have always wanted to have a house like this.” She sighed, laying her head on his chest.

“I know, that’s why I bought it for us.” She looked at him in disbelief, waiting for Yifan to say that he was kidding but Yifan merely smiled at her.

“Really?”

He nodded and she couldn’t help but grabs his tie to mould their lips together

Such a good memory, she smiles at herself. She looks around, walking towards the front door when she sees his favourite red sport car is parked near the basement. Junhee opens the car’s door, intending to warm up the car. It has been too long since the car was last used.

Junhee sits in the driver’s seat, suddenly regretting her decision when the memories come back, flooding when she caught a sniff of Yifan’s cologne lingering in the air.

“What the hell are you thinking buying this car?”

“This is really nice, right Jun?” He proudly beamed at the newly purchased so called baby, making Junhee scowled at him.

“No and don’t even try to pick me up in the office with this.” The red car was attracting too much attention for her taste.

“But I thought you like Goo Junpyo’s car. You mentioned that he looks cool with his red car.” He pouted, slightly feeling hurt. He thought that Junhee would be impressed by his new car but his fiancee even didn’t let him to pick her up. Such a waste of money.

“You know what? You don’t even need to buy another car. You have already cool enough with your old car.” She tried to soothe him since she knew that she might bruise his ego with her comments. But Yifan just gave her a big grin.

“I know I’m cool. You don’t need to mention it.” And it ended with Junhee rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Junhee smiles bitterly. The memory is still fresh on her mind and yet it seems so far away from the reality. He is gone and won’t come back. She blinks her eyes, trying to hold back her tears. Focus, Junhee. Yifan needs you and you need to focus.

Junhee quickly opens the door, it feels suffocating to smell his familiar scent, she finds herself barely breathing when she reaches the front door. Junhee thinks that she is strong enough to face the reality, to come back to the place where it all started but when she opens the door, all her defence breaks down.

---

“I can’t wait to see you.” She knew that Yifan was grinning over the phone and she couldn’t help the smile to bloom on her lips. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Fan. It’s only few more hours left before we meet.” She replied. “Why are you still awake? Don’t you need to catch an early flight tomorrow?”

“I do, but Sehun hasn’t finished his packing.” He sighed tiredly, “You know how he is. A true procrastinator. And he bought a lot of stuffs for Meitao, I don’t even know how to pack those things. Thanks God for mom. She is currently helping him to pack.”

She chuckled, “Sehun is really an attentive boyfriend. I want to have a boyfriend like him.” She whined playfully, chuckling when she heard him snorting.

“Yah, you choose a kid like him over me?” He said, disbelief, “Name anything, I will buy it for you.”

She laughed softly; Yifan was always so cute when he was jealous. “I don’t want anything, I have already got you.”

“You are a sweet talker. You’re lucky that I love you.” He said, “Why you haven’t sleep? Are you still at the office right now?” She literally froze when he asked her that question.

“How did you know?”

Yifan sighed, “I know you, Junhee.” He sounded so disappointed and Junhee knew why. “You shouldn’t push yourself this hard.”

“I don’t, Fan.” She didn’t like to argue with Yifan, especially over this small thing like her career. She knew being an accountant in an audit firm was a tough job and Yifan didn’t like the fact that she needs to work overtime.

“I won’t let you work when we got married.”

“Wu Yifan, I thought we have talked about this before. I love my job and I won’t quit my job just because I get married.”

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter