Night Of Performance

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

After hours or touring around the school, Woohyun mentioned about going outside of the school next.

You all agreed to him when all of a sudden, his phone beeped, as well as Dongwoo’s.

“Oh, shoot!” Your cousin frowned in disappointment.

Dongwoo gave a ‘peace’ sign at his dongsaeng.

“What happened?” Jaekyung asked.

Woohyun showed his phone to both of you.

The program headed by the ‘Theater & Arts’ club will begin soon.

“We’re already here.

Meet us backstage, ASAP.

- Manager-hyung

Jaekyung shrugged her shoulders as if saying that there’s nothing they can do about it.

“Well, maybe next time, Woohyun-oppa.” You grinned at him.

*-------------------------------------*

Upon reaching towards the backstage, you saw the other Infinite members dressed in their performance suits.

“Hey, you Dongwoo and Woohyun there, get dressed now.” Their manager said while helping Sungyeol fixing his black suit.

“We have to go. We’ll just watch you there from the audience, ok?” You told your cousin.

He looked around and check if anyone is looking then quickly gave Jaekyung a kiss on cheeks.

“Aish.. ” You mumbled. “I’m still looking, hello?”

Then, you grabbed your friend’s hand and said, “Let’s go.”

While walking away, you saw Jaekyung waved back at Woohyun. Then you noticed someone just came in sight.

“Min-unnie?”

Min was happily talking to Dongwoo. He was smiling back at her, too.

“Oh, Min-unnie is also here!” Jaekyung exclaimed.

Before she can say anything further, you pulled her towards the audience seats.

*-------------------------------------*

The chairs were all almost taken. You both tried to look for vacant seats but you couldn’t seem to find any.

“Yuri-yah!” A shout from somewhere caught your attention. It was from the front row.

“Hey there, Kwangmin!” You smiled and waved at him.

The young man approached you and your friend. “Are you guys looking for seats?” He asked in his beam.

“Well.. Yes, but unfortunately--”

Kwangmin cut off your words. “Guess what? There are still few available at the front. Care to be my seatmates?”

“Really? Thanks!” You said in relief.

“Shall we?” Kwangmin gestured his hands towards the front row.

You found a young man with blonde hair was also there and he greeted you and Jaekyung with a bright smile.

Kwangmin introduced his twin brother, Youngmin.

“Unfortunately our group mates won’t make it tonight because of their own activities.” Kwangmin explained. “So, I thought I should offer the vacant seats to somebody else.”

You beamed. “Good thing, you saw us back there.”

Soon, the two of you were exchanging smiles and small talks when the program finally began.

*-------------------------------------*

A group of young girls came up to stage in colorful outfits and made their position. As soon as the music started, they sang and danced fantastically on stage. You heard the crowds were cheering for them.

The twin brothers beside you were also delighted to see the new girl group. They even had a smile on their faces.

After the performance, the emcee finally called Infinite and the crowd gets crazier.

The group members sat on each chair and Myungsoo started plucking the guitar. They began serenading the audience with their song ‘Can U Smile’ with Dongwoo at the start.

You automatically smiled upon seeing him on stage.

As expected, the boys were really spectacular. When it is time for the rap part of the song, Dongwoo and Hoya stood up and did their parts flawlessly.

“Whoa, Dongwoo-sunbae is such a very good rapper.” Kwangmin said. “Someday, I’m going to challenge him to a rap battle.” He said in a humble tone.

“You’re a rapper, too?” You asked in amazement.

“Yes he is, and my bro is really good, too.” Youngmin proudly said. His twin brother suddenly felt embarrassment with the compliment.

After Infinite’s performance, a sounding applaud surrounded the school ground.

A chorale group followed shortly.

While in the middle of the program, the cold wind blew and you felt something went into your eyes. You told the twin brothers and Jaekyung that you’ll just go to the washroom.

While heading towards your destination, you saw two people sitting on the bench under the tree. When you took few steps ahead, you were surprised to see Dongwoo and Min having a conversation.

And much to your shock, Dongwoo embraced Min!

 

-----------------------------------

* I chose the song "Can U Smile" to highlight Dongwoo's vocal ability here.

He's not only a rapper and a dancer? Ayt? (^.^)