Bump

Who Cares

 

 “We need a participant for the funny debate for our school’s foundation day. Anyone who is interested can visit me at the student council office. That would be it for today. If you have any update regarding the participants of the event that you are handing just inform me okay? You may go.” Gummy unni ended the meeting looking more tired than ever. She is our department’s governor and the upcoming foundation day celebration is just so stressful that even a councilor like me is feeling the stress.

 

 

 

 

My name is Park Sandara, I am a second year college student taking up Drama and Arts at the Seoul University. This will be my first year as a member of the student body council and I suddenly felt like quitting. Since I am a member of the Archery team at school I was in-charge of looking for player and training them for the said event. They say that I am way to petit for my sport. But mind you I have already won numerous awards and commendation while I was in High School playing.

 

 

 

 

I really wanted to represent our department for the archery category but members of the varsity team are not allowed to join, such a bummer. Right now I will be the representative for the quiz bee and I am also part of the debate committee, and right now our only problem is the funny debate. No one wants to join. It’s hard enough to debate adding humor to it without removing the essence of what you are arguing about is harder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara we have a meeting tonight for our next play. Dong Wook oppa said that he already has a new story in mind he just has to talk to you about it first.” My best friend and roommate Bom informed me. Yes I am also a member of the theater arts club at school. That’s how busy I am.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay. I am really busy that I forgot to call him.” Dong Wook oppa is one of the most popular senior student at school. He is our resident heartthrob. I became friends with him after I accidentally bumped into him while I was on my way to audition for the school play. I didn’t know that he was the writer of the play at that time. We instantly became close. We believe that we are soul mates but we can never be lovers. We would often go out to either watch a movie of have a drink. I gained a lot of haters that time. They were telling me that I was able to pass the audition because I seduced oppa.

 

 

 

 

 

To avoid further conflicts I tried to avoid oppa as much as possible, we were never a couple. We were just friends. I was his little tokki. He treats me as his dongsaeng, but with our society today, if a man and a woman is seen going out people would always assume that they are already dating. Can they not be just friends?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oppa noticed that I started avoiding me and scolded me about it. He said that the more try to avoid each other the more gossip there will be around us. He was right. Because there was a gossip that started about me and oppa breaking up and they said that I was dumper. Some said I got pregnant and had an abortion some said that oppa caught me cheating and so on. We decided to just stay the same and it seems like the gossip about the two of us died down. I think people realized that there will be nothing more between the two of us but friendship. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unni come on let’s eat lunch. Let’s worry about that blasted funny debate after filling our stomach with good food.” I laughed at Chaerin’s words. She can really be a lot more vocal at times. She is one of my friends too. The two of us along with Bom and Minzy would do everything together. We have different personalities but I think that made us click and it made our relationship as friends stronger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sure thing, I am actually famished!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“For a girl as small and thin as you, you actually eat a lot.” She laughed and linked her arms around mine. We went straight to the cafeteria where Bom and Minzy were waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unni do you already have a representative for the funny debate?” Minzy asked after we settled our meal at the table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well we are still looking for one. No one seems to want to join.” I answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let us not talk about that right now. Let’s eat” Bom chirped in a little too excited to eat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You should seriously watch what you are eating. You might turn obese because of too much eating.” Chaerin said shaking her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Says the girl who has big thighs.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That made us crack up. We all know that Chaerin is very conscious about her thighs since she has really big ones.

 

 

 

 

 

“Aigoo, you guys can really be big babies at time.” Minzy said still laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Says the real baby!” We chorus and laughed once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That would be us. We laugh. We fight. We would have misunderstandings but that would never strain our relationship as friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you serious Jiyong?” Seunghyun hyung asked me. I can tell that he is really not that happy about what I am doing right now. I am currently signing up for the Music Department’s team for the Funny Debate category. I don’t have anything else to do and I really wanted to experience playing that game. I watched the competition last year and it was really hilarious. I was hoping that I could be as hilarious as the contestants.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I and my friends are known as the group who has a lot of mischievousness up our sleeves. We would often just joke around and be very playful. But whenever we are performing we would act like the most chic and sophisticated group there is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Students from outside our department don’t actually know that we have our dorky side. Not being boastful but we are actually known as the charismatic Bigbang and there are a lot of girls who would swoon over us. Even our fellow Music students can’t help but to admire us even if we act really silly at time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whatever Jiyong I will not watch your game. I will leave you in your own pit of shamefulness and I will just laugh once you have lost to your opponent.” Hyung added. He looked at me as if I was the funniest thing he had ever since in his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung let’s go to the cafeteria! Pali!” Seungri was panting heavily. It looks like he just finished running in a marathon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wae? What is in the cafeteria?” The pretty girl from the Drama Department is there eating with her friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Can’t you see that I am busy?” I ignored our pesky maknae and continued to fill up the application form.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Who cares about that girl from the Drama Department? We are Bigbang. We are the one who is supposed to be stalked by women not the other way around. Seungri however doesn’t seem to understand that idea. He has this huge crush on that girl from the drama department and he would even watch all of her performances. Apparently all the other four members has seen her and also found that sense of fondness towards her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I haven’t seen her but I have heard a lot about her. Thank you Seungri, some of the students actually said that she is indeed pretty but would always wear geeky glasses. All her hobbies are for the geeks and I do not dig those kinds of girls. It is also said that she is already dating someone else so why bother?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After filling up the application form I hurriedly went to the Student Council office to pass it to our department governor. Jinu hyung can be demanding at times. I already informed him that I will be signing up for the competition so that means he will be expecting me in the office by now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was running since I was already running late and I haven’t eaten lunch yet. I want to get to Jinu hyung so that I could still have time for lunch. Passing by the cafeteria is no help at all. I can smell the delectable food that the ahjummas are cooking. I was busy checking the form when I accidentally bumped in to someone. I didn’t bother looking at that student or to even utter an apology.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What a jerk.” I heard the student say out loud. That was when I looked at her. She was a petit girl wearing a simple shirt and a pair of skinny jeans and an old looking pair of Chuck Taylors. She looked like an elementary school kid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kid you’re not supposed to say bad words. It doesn’t suit an elementary student like you.” Then I went off to meet up with Hyung. Seriously kids these days don’t know how to show respect. Calling someone older a jerk, ppft!