lovers

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter twenty nine; lovers

    Mark felt his heart stall at her words. Even though he had his own suspicions on why she had broken up with Jinwoo, he had never expected it to be real. He could feel his wolf surface, wanting to break free and howl to the moon in absolute joy. His mate had confessed to him.

 

Jae Ah grew increasingly worried as the silence stretched. She had been sure, up until that very moment, that Mark had liked her. But now, she had no idea. Why was he quiet? Was he that much in shock? “But, I mean, you know,” Jae Ah stuttered as she blinked a little too fast, “I mean…” she trailed off, having no words to actually say.

 

Mark’s lips pulled up slightly at her nervous chatter. He could read the anxiousness all over her expression, “You mean what?” He decided to a little longer. His eyes grasped onto hers and she found it hard to remove her gaze. Mark could feel the heat resonating off her body and he fought the urge to just wrap his arms around her.

 

Jae Ah visibly swallowed, “I mean… I like you… as a friend. And Jinwoo didn’t like you but I value your friendship,” her voice rose a few octaves, “so I broke up with him?”

 

Mark could easily call bull on her words, “Why do you sound so nervous then?”

 

Jae Ah pressed her lips together as her cheeks reddened, “It’s not everyday a girl confesses her feelings to her friend. Friendly feelings, I mean.”

 

“Really friendly.” Mark tilted his head to the side slightly. “Just friendly?”

 

Jae Ah’s breath caught at his action. If possible, he looked even more handsome doing that. His brown hair lightly fell over his eyebrows, highlighting his brown orbs, which were swimming with specks of blue. His lips looked very kissable, just inches from her.

 

And then, she realized what he was doing. Her brows furrowed together as she eyed him with distaste, “You’re an .”

 

“What?” Mark couldn’t help the small laugh that escaped his lips.

 

“You’re just messing with me right now, aren’t you?” Jae Ah asked, her gaze narrowing. “I thought you’re a wolf but you’re more sneaky, like a cat.”

 

Mark’s smile fell, “I’m not a cat.” He ignored his racing heart at her open acceptance of him being a wolf. He couldn’t help how happy it made his wolf feel.

 

Jae Ah noticed his changed expression and she smiled mischievously, “Yes, you are a cat. If you’re really not, then why don’t you be more direct?”

 

“Direct?” Mark said in slight disbelief at her own directness now. Was she asking him to kiss her? His eyes glanced down to her lips and he decided that’s just what he would do. Jae Ah’s gaze mimicked his own as he leaned closer to her, dissipating the distance at once.

 

His hand came to grasp the back of her neck, lightly intertwining in her hair. Jae Ah felt jolts of electricity emit from where his skin touched her own and her eyes shut on instinct. But just as his lips began to graze hers, a loud voice startled both of them and caused them to spring apart, “Hey!”

 

Mark growled to his pack member, “What the hell do you want?” Jae Ah glanced at him in surprise before turning her embarrassed face back to Jackson.

 

Jackson grinned widely at them, “I just wanted to you. But seriously, we have work to do, lovers, come on. There’s going to be a pack meeting. We are waiting for you, Mark.”

 

Mark’s blue eyes twitched with annoyance as he angrily stalked past Jackson, leaving his friend snickering at his back. Jackson motioned for Jae Ah to follow them and she pointed to herself in surprise, “Me? I’m not part of your...pack.”

 

Jackson smiled a little more sincerely, “It’s only a matter of time. Come on, we don’t have time.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter