lunas

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter fourteen: luna

Mark couldn’t sleep. He had driven Jae Ah home almost 2 hours ago and now his wolf was restless once more without her. He ce more in his bed before sighing loudly, his eyes wide open and staring out into the dark room.

 

Slowly, the light outline of the furniture brightened as Mark’s eyes began shifting and glowing. With his wolf eyes, he could see the dark room as if it was in daytime, fully and clearly. His eyes darted around the room before shutting again but sleep was far from his mind.

 

After almost 15 minutes more of trying to succumb to the darkness, Mark sat up in his bed and dragged his hands across his face. He stepped out into the cold air but his bare chest and arms resisted the temperature change. He walked over to the dresser in his room and slipped on the first shirt he could find before stepping out of his bedroom.

 

Jin Young’s home was dark, as it was the middle of the night and both his best friend and Jin Young’s mother were fast asleep. With slow steps, Mark made his way over to the living and to where a large book sat on the coffee table.

 

Jaebum had handed it to him right before he left claiming that he had found something about Mark’s parents in it but Mark hadn’t gotten a chance to read it. He had felt utterly exhausted when he finally got back to Jin Young’s house but his wolf was not letting him fall asleep easily.

 

He the lights of the room before making himself comfortable on the couch and pulling the heavy brown book onto his lap. The cover was made of light brown leather and was soft to touch despite the wear and tear that had obviously harmed the book.

 

Mark flung open the cover to the first page and saw a dim photo of a large group of people. He traced his fingers lightly over the faces but failed to recognize any of them.

 

He turned the next few pages but the mysterious people were strangers in his eyes. Finally, he reached a photo he froze over.

 

It was worn out, much like the rest, but this time, there was a familiar black haired boy standing in the center of the smaller group. He held up the book closer so he could see better and concluded that he was seeing a smaller version of himself, smiling at the camera.

 

Behind little Mark stood two girls and next to him a boy even smaller than himself, all smiling like him. Off to the side were a man and a woman, smiling to the children.

 

“My parents.” Mark mumbled as he eyed a slightly older version of the couple he knew so well. “And me…” He trailed his eyes to himself.

 

He had faint memories of playing with other kids, his siblings, but none of them were vivid enough for him to remember faces or actual events.

                 

But there was one even he remembered. He remembered it more than he wanted to.

 

“Mark,” His dad whispered, his voice low in the already silent room, “get up.”

 

Mark slowly lifted his hand from where he was curled into his closet. His eyes were wide with fear as he stared into his dad’s tired eyes. A red, dark liquid trailed down the side of his dad’s head but his dad showed no sign of pain from the wound.

 

“Dad?” Mark’s voice slightly shook as he replied. “Are you okay? Where’s Mom?”

 

His father’s expres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter