Chapter 1

Sea foam

He broke the surface and shook his hair out of his eyes. By now he knew, had learned it the hard way, how sensitive his eyes were towards the bright sunlight so he held them close for a minute or two before slowly opening them. Only to shut them again quickly and then to start blinking profusely before he slowly got adjusted to the sun. He thought that his eyes would’ve gotten adjusted over the course of days he’d spent above the surface but then again he spent most of his time beneath the water, it only being a few hours a day in the summers actually seeing the light of day, so it wasn’t that surprising after all. Finally being able to see again he quickly swam to the nearby tree, finding that perfect root and settled down. He had found this place a few years back and it was now where he always went when he went on these escapades. The tree had a root placed perfectly for him to rest his arms on and still have a perfect view over the private beach owned by the hotel on the hill. With only the top half of his face above the surface he could quickly hide if anyone of the hotel’s guests were to look his way. That was something yet to happen.

 

Seeing as the sun was at its highest point it must’ve been around midday and the boy hiding in the water knew that his reason for coming here would probably soon make its appearance. And he was right. Not long after that thought had crossed his mind did a boy exit the hotel to start walking down the stairs to the beach. In his arms he had one of those four-legged creatures that the boy in the water really couldn’t remember the name of. He noticed how the perfect boy’s less-than-perfect friend also exited the hotel to run after the first one, not that he really cared. It was the tan boy who held all his attention. He released a small sigh, making a few bubbles break the surface.

 

“Watching him again, eh Kyungsoo?” a voice suddenly said and he shrieked and turned around only to be met by a boy his age right next to him. He hadn’t even heard him arrive due to being to engrossed in watching the boy of his dreams playing with his friend and animal. He hit the other before turning around to watch the beach again.

 

“None of your business, Baekhyun…” He muttered quietly before realising that Baekhyun was here. And he knew that Kyungsoo had been here before. That was a problem. “Wait, how did you know that I’ve watched him before? And how did you know I was here?” He asked, turning around to look at Baekhyun again.

 

“Please, you’ve been watching that kid every summer from this very spot for what? Four years? Do you really think I wouldn’t notice you sneaking off?” Baekhyun answered while pushing Kyungsoo a bit closer to the trunk of the tree so he could get a spot on the root too.

 

“You haven’t told father, have you?” Kyungsoo asked nervously. If his father knew about him going to the surface he would be in so much trouble. Especially if it got out that he’d done it just to watch some humans play.

 

“Ha, no.” Baekhyun laughed. “Because for me knowing that you’ve gone to the surface I must’ve followed you, meaning that I must’ve gone to the surface too, resulting in me getting just as big a punishment as you.” He continued “Something that I’d rather live without.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and turned to watch the two boys and their animal again. The beach was almost empty except for the boys, something that was quite unusual considering the weather but all the better for Kyungsoo as it made it easier for him to spot the handsome boy who always appeared here in the summer only to disappear when autumn came.

 

“Why are you even doing this, year after year?” Baekhyun asked. “Sure, he’s handsome but he’s nothing like his tall friend.” Baekhyun winked at Kyungsoo and nudged him in the ribs before turning serious again. “So there must be something more to it. Unless you’re just after some eye candy and don’t think that I’m enough. If that’s the case you’ll have to know that I’m thoroughly offended.” He continued and clutched his heart as if really hurt by that thought.

 

“Dunno… I just want to meet him…” Kyungsoo answered quietly before getting hit in the head by Baekhyun who then proceeded to grab his shoulders and shake him back and forth.

 

“You ‘just want to meet him’? Firstly, you know nothing about him aside from his good looks. He can be a psychopath for all you know, and secondly, you’ll never ever get permission from dad to meet him so you might as well give that thought up now.” He gave Kyungsoo a small, last shake before releasing him.

 

“Yeah, I know… But I don’t think he’s a psychopath. Look at how he is with that… that…” Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun turned to look at where Kyungsoo was pointing for a second before turning back again.

 

“Dog..?” He said and raised an eyebrow at Kyungsoo.

 

“Yes, dog!”

 

“That proves nothing okay. And look at you. You don’t even know the word for ‘dog’ how do you suppose you’re going to survive a meeting with the guy if you never listen to Joonmyeon’s lessons about the human world?”

 

“Hey, I listen at the important ones okay? Excuse me for not caring about boring stuff. Like last time, he spent the whole time just speaking about woodloaf..?”

 

“Woodlice.” Baekhyun corrected him.

 

“Okay, woodlice. Who even cares about grey, huge-“

 

“Tiny”

 

“- crawling things-“

 

“Insects”

 

“- that I probably never will see anyway?” Kyungsoo continued without blinking an eye at Baekhyun’s interruptions.

 

“Oh, don’t say that. If you would’ve listened at more than the bare essentials, that you still managed to get wrong, you would’ve known that some of them do live in water.”

 

“They live in water?” Kyungsoo asked, eyes turning even wider than before. “Gross…”

 

“We live in the water too…” Baekhyun deadpanned.

 

“I didn’t mean it like that. I mean that it’s gross that I might actually see one in the water…” He shuddered at the thought. “But that’s not the point. My point is that I don’t think that he’s a psychopath. And even if he is, I wouldn’t know as I’m not allowed to speak to him.” He pouted at Baekhyun.

 

“Hey, I’m not the one not allowing, it’s fa-“

 

“So, does that mean that you approve and will cover for me if I decide to meet him tonight?” Kyungsoo interrupted the other to ask. “Yay thanks.” He then said before Baekhyun had any chance to answer for himself.

 

“Fine” Baekhyun sighed, “I’ll help you.” He immediately got tackled into a violent hug that brought the two of them under water with a huge splash.

 

“Get off me, get off me!” After a few seconds of battling with Kyungsoo he managed to push the younger off himself. The other then swam up to the surface to look at the beach (more precisely the boy he would meet the very same night) and Baekhyun soon followed.

 

“Okay, so I’ll cover for you, but how will you even manage to get him to speak to you? You know, most humans sleep at night.”

 

“I’ll just steal a little of father’s weird elixir that makes you enter people’s dreams, enter his mind, plant an idea of him walking down to the jetty and voila, he meets me!” Kyungsoo answered looking mighty proud of his plan. And he had every right to be. It was a good plan. A bit too well thought-out for having been thought up at a moments notice. Baekhyun looked suspiciously at Kyungsoo.

 

“And how long has that been your plan?”

 

“What?” Kyungsoo said and tried to look innocent, something that Baekhyun didn’t believe at all. He had known the other basically his whole life and in all those year had the younger not once managed to fool him. He cocked his head and waited for Kyungsoo to continue.

 

“Maybe since a few days ago..?” Oh, that wasn’t too long. Baekhyun had for a second thought that Kyungsoo had cooked up that plan a long time ago, and just had never had the courage to see it through. “But I might have had thought about the possibilities of father’s elixirs since a few years back… I just didn’t know which one was the best to use…”

 

“Of course…” Baekhyun sighed. “But don’t you know the risks about using that very one you planned to?”

 

“Yeah, of course I do.” He put on a slow, dull voice, probably trying to imitate Joonmyeon (he did a horrible job at it, Baekhyun thought, Joonmyeon had a very nice, melodic kind of voice if anything). “It’s a hard thing to enter ones dreams, even harder to find the very one you want to enter among the seas of other’s dreams. And then if you manage to enter it’s a difficult task to plant an idea so surely that the victim remembers it when they wake up.” Baekhyun nodded, glad that Kyungsoo had listened at Joonmyeon for once.

 

“If I fail at planting the idea he just won’t show up and I can return home.” Kyungsoo continued with his normal voice. “And if some other random person appears I’ll just flee home too.”

 

“And you even have a back-up plan.” Baekhyun said feeling slightly proud of Kyungsoo who had grown up so much. He wiped away an invisible tear. “You might actually succeed in this with how much you’ve prepared.”

 

“We can always hope!” Kyungsoo glanced at the beach and then back at Baekhyun. “Let’s go home. He’s left anyway and we need to come up with something good for you to do to distract father.” He smiled at Baekhyun and then turned to dive down into the depths of the ocean.

 

Baekhyun smiled at the spot where Kyungsoo had disappeared and shook his head. “Yeah, let’s.” He whispered before diving down after Kyungsoo quickly catching up to the younger.

 


 

AN: Lesson learned... Never watch movies when down with a fever, you'll just get weird inspiration to write weird stuff...

 

But first chapter's up! It was supposed to be a oneshot at first... But I at writing oneshots... So a new chaptered fic, whopee! (I'm already behind at my other -.-' ^^' but I'm still on vacation! I can do this!!) Hope you didn't find this too terrible :3 and hopefully I won't take too long to upload the next chapter :3 but well... I tend to procrastinate... ^^'