Please Date Me!

Please Date Me!

Kim Mingyu lived a ordinary life.

He lived in a cozy apartment and worked at a office in a tiny cubsicle with his long-time friend Jeonghan. He was an average guy with decent enough looks, and even though he lived a pretty good life he was missing out on something all his friends thought he really needed.

A love life.

"For the fifth time, I'm not going on a blind date!" Mingyu groaned as he rolled his eyes at his computer. Jeonghan made a noise that sounded much like a dying animal, before he slammed his hand against the computer keyboard in the cubsicle next to Mingyu.

"And why not!? It'll be fun!"

"Because I don't want to and if you keep distracting me, I won't be able to finish and bring this report in to Jihoon, and then I'll have to see heaven eariler than planned." Mingyu shot back as he aggressively typed. If only he had started on his report for work earlier, he wouldn't be in such a rush now, and he just knew his manager would just kill him. Lee Jihoon had always been known for being merciless, and Mingyu was no exception.

"Forget that report, you know Jihoon won't see it for another two business days," Jeonghan said but Mingyu made a choked sound.

"That's the problem, I was supposed to start a week ago." Mingyu grumbled. "I hardly have a page done."

"How's work boys?" A voice said, which made Mingyu flinch violently.

"Everything is fine, Jihoon." Jeonghan smiled angelically, which Jihoon returned. "And you, Mingyu?"

"Uh-Um, Every-Everything is going great." Minghyu managed to say, clearing his throat as his eyes stayed glued to the computer in front of him. He tried not to be nervous in front of his manager.

"That's great. I would like to see your report by four." Jihoon grinned, in the way that made Mingyu shiver in fear. Mingyu forced himself to nod and continued to click against the keys with more speed because four o'clock was literally three hours from now. Jihoon walked away then, complaining to the coffee boy about his daily dose of caffeine or something.

"Well, it looks you have to work even faster now," Jeonghan said, spinning in his office chair, which made Mingyu groan again because Jeonghan was such a freeloader. He had agreed to work with Jeonghan because they were close friends but he didn't quite appreciate the fact he had to do all the work by himself. He had known Jeonghan from college and he should've been used to it but he just wasn't.

Jeonghan was lucky he was dating the CEO or else he wouldn't be allowed to freeload as much as he does.

"So, about the blind date, are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes, Jeonghan...." Mingyu bemoaned, rolling his eyes for the nth time in the same hour. He hated going on the blind dates Jeonghan kept making him go to.

It's awkward for him, and he disliked being awkward.

"Gosh, the guy was pretty cute though.." Jeonghan mumbled, which made Mingyu turn to him.

"Then why don't you go on the date with him?"

Jeonghan threw Mingyu a glare before clicking his tongue.

"You know I'm with Jisoo. If you're mad, then take it out on someone else. Hurry with your report. I want to eat lunch."

Mingyu couldn't help but smirk as he turned back to his computer. Jeonghan always changed the topic when feeling in the wrong. Satisfied, Mingyu went back to typing, silently hoping he made it on time so Jihoon wouldn't have a reason to murder him before he even turned fifty.

~~~

By the time Mingyu was done with his report, it was eight minutes before the clock would strike four. He breathed a heavy sigh of relief as he had it faxed and he called Jihoon to let him know the report was on it's way. He then let Jeonghan know he was done and they went out for a well deserved lunch, though it was late in the afternoon.

The two usually went to the sandwich shop just a block away from their workplace, which meant they walked. They walked quietly through the streets until they arrived in the cozy place and the workers there greeted them. They were regulars there, so it was no surprise.

Jeonghan was on the phone with his boyfriend -also their comapny's CEO - Jisoo, who always called to ask where Jeonghan was and how he was doing. Mingyu liked their relationship but sometimes it was just a bit too sappy for his liking.

"Yes, baby, I'll get you something to go too. Yeah, I promise, okay."

As Mingyu rolled his eyes and drank his drink he had ordered, his phone then began to ring. It was a horror movie tone, and made Jeonghan, and several others around them, jump in surpise. Mingyu quickly took his phone out his pocket, which showed his manager's number. He groaned inwardly, and told Jeonghan he'd be right back. Jeonghan let him leave with a wave as he continued to talk to Jisoo.

Mingyu walked out into the street and turned a corner, leaning against a alleyway wall while putting the phone to his ear. He sighed heavily before he began to speak.

"Hello Jihoon?"

"Mingyu! You have too many typos in your report. Did you even proofread it before turning it in? How am I supposed to give this to Jisoo?"

Mingyu forced himself not to make a aggravated sound so he just cleared his throat. "Tell him Jeonghan did it. He'll accept it no matter what."

There was a moment of silence on the other line.

"This is going to be a miracle if this works. If it doesn't, you'll be working overtime." Jihoon huffed. "Also, are you at the sandwich shop?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you buy me a sandwich please."

Before Mingyu could answer, there was a loud commotion coming towards him and he suddenly dropped his phone as someone pushed against him. His breath was literally knocked out him as he looked at another male that was staring him down with dark but small eyes. They stared at each for a whole minute, and then Mingyu struggled to speak while the other male suddenly grabbed his wrist and was pulling him in a particular direction.

"There's no time to explain but please date me!"


===

A/N

I am sorry that the first chapter  is so short, but I will improve and make longer chapters. Thank you , and please be patient ~

See you in the next one~!