two

play me

six  It's Not Meant To Be - Tame Impala

 

The sky is purple and the trees are pink, and all Taemin can focus on is the way the smoke from his cigarette curls beautifully before ultimately disappearing. He inhales deeply, boredly trying to blow smoke rings as the clouds slowly drift overhead.

 

He supposes camp wasn’t so bad, it was lifeless at best, but no one seems to mind his daily escapes to the lake. Well no one except for—

 

“Taemin!” A familiar voice calls out, and Taemin can’t stop himself from rolling his eyes.

 

“It’s not good to smoke, y’know.” Minho reprimands sitting himself next to Taemin, way too close for comfort.

 

“Leave me alone.” Taemin mumbles as he takes another drag.

 

“When are you gonna drop the loner act?” Minho asks, ever playful as he nudges Taemin’s side a bit.

 

Taemin bites back an amused smile, schooling his expression into a blank one as he glares at Minho.

 

“Hey—I saw that, you were smiling, don’t deny it!” Minho says with laughter in his voice as Taemin rolls his eyes again, not stopping the small upturn of his lips.

 

A few moments pass, where they just watch the trees sway with the wind, just feeling the harsh sun rays on their skin as a bird titters not too far from where they are.

 

“We’re roasting s’mores, want some?” Minho asks with eager eyes, his entire aura ridiculously friendly.

 

“No.” Taemin says simply, looking away from Minho to turn his gaze to the lake, not really seeing anything, just trying not to catch Minho’s eyes.

 

“Alright, well. I’ll save you a spot if you want.” Minho says, getting up and brushing the dirt from his knees before running back to the camp.

 

Taemin scoffs, cursing at Minho’s back as he tries not to blush at the others presence, or rather, memory of. It’s stupid, Taemin supposes. Having a crush, just because someone pays attention to him. 

 

Taemin knows it’s silly and childish, but he can’t really help it—so he walks back to camp, hiding in the trees.

 

He’s about to surprise Minho, because he knows how much Minho begs Taemin to join in what ever pointless activity they’re doing for the day. But as he’s about to come out from the trees, he sees Minho with an arm wrapped around a girl.

 

She’s gorgeous, with black hair down to her waist while random strands catch the sunlight, she has long eyelashes framing dark umber eyes and she’s absolutely beautiful.

 

Minho kisses her and Taemin laughs.

 

Turning on his heels, Taemin walks back to the lake.

 

They weren’t meant to be anyways.

 

 

seven The End of All Things - Panic! At the Disco

 

 

Seeing Minho after years of being apart really took it’s toll on Taemin. Sure, they’ve been best friends ever since they were little, but for some reason the only memories that surface of Minho are the ones when they were in love.

 

They were young, maybe too young. 

 

Maybe it was too great, too much for such an age.

 

Either way, they had to split and go separate ways. It was a mutual thing, but both of them were sobbing horribly at the airport, unable to let go even as Taemin’s flight was boarding.

 

And seeing Minho in a small diner, under the pretense of old friends just catching up, it felt like everything was too much again.

 

It was winter, Minho’s favorite season, and Taemin can’t stop himself from thinking of all the birthdays they’ve spent together, all the new years and holidays. The days they spent huddled around the fire, drinking hot chocolate while watching Love Actually so many times, they could quote the movie by heart

 

Their love was a whirlwind, filled with innocent kisses and pure feelings.

 

It wasn’t as complicated as it is now. 

 

But Minho’s blushing before him, playing with his napkin and Taemin knows he looks exactly the same.

 

Maybe they can try again, maybe this time they’ll be something lasting, something—incredible.

 

 

 

eight  The Palisades (feat. Christian Rich) - Childish Gambino

 

 

They sat sprawled out on blankets as the waves gently kissed the sand. The sun was high up in the sky, shining down brightly, playing with Taemin’s hair for a bit, making it appear more golden than it’s usual honey brown.

 

Minho took a sip of his drink, lips turning into a smirk around the bottle as Taemin pulled his girlfriend closer to him, loosely holding her bare waist.

 

Their gazes met, just as Taemin was putting on his sunglasses, and Minho winked.

 

Just another secret we share, Minho thought, laughing bitterly at himself as he felt the slow churning of jealousy in his chest.

 

He was tired of all the sneaking around, the hiding, pretending that everything was fine.

 

At first Minho thought they could actually be something, maybe they’ll have a quiet love, something special, only shown to them.

 

What a lie.

 

They brought a little stereo to the beach, Taemin’s girl clapped happily as they the radio, pulling Taemin up with her so they could dance.

 

Kibum soon joined in too, with Jonghyun acting as a dj and Jinki sleeping off to the side.

 

And Minho, well Minho couldn’t take his eyes off Taemin. He couldn’t stop looking at his legs, his cute smirk, his lithe arms—his everything. His body was outlined by the sun’s rays and he looked absolutely ethereal.

 

Slurping on his raspberry popsicle, Minho wondered how someone could be so cruel.

 

 

“If we could be together, would it make you happy?” Minho asked hours later when the moon was out and the sand was cool underneath their feet.

 

“Minho, you know we can’t.” Taemin had responded, pointedly crossing his arms, starting to get annoyed at how much Minho insisted in making them something more.

 

Minho had kissed him then, madly—passionately. He left Taemin completely breathless, and it was safe. It’s what Taemin was used to, passionate spurts of intimate moments without all the mushy feelings. Everything else was too scary, even if his heart whispered Minho’s name more than it called out for his actual girlfriend, he couldn’t bring himself to even think about the possibility of him and Minho even being a thing.

 

After they pulled apart, mouths red with harsh pants flying through opened lips, Minho leaned in, whispering something in Taemin’s ear that made him inhale sharply.

 

Before he could dwell on it, Minho took a couple steps back, smug smile in place as Taemin’s eyes widened at the sight of his girlfriend fuming.

 

He left just as Taemin called out his name.

 

 

nine First Kiss - SAFAKASH

 

 

Minho was a carnival barker, standing out in the hot sun with only his hat as a shield, his vest and suit serving as torture as the summer sun shone heavily on him.

 

He called out to the mess of people entering the carnival with wide eyes, mouths open and eager hands.

 

Hundreds of faces passed by him, interesting and forgettable at the same time—except for one.

 

There was this one boy, this boy with twinkling eyes and a mischievous smile. He was from a very well off family, and he came to the carnival quite often.

 

Unsurprisingly he was here today, in the middle of the crowd. Taemin gives Minho a small smile, tilting his head to gesture at the area behind the tent.

 

Minho rolls his eyes, nodding to Taemin before looking for someone to take his place.

 

After successfully begging Jonghyun to cover for him, Minho quickly walked to where Taemin stood waiting, sweet smile playing on his lips as his eyes shone like crescent moons.

 

All too quickly, Taemin’s hands were gripping the lapels of his suit, standing on the tips of his toes to give Minho a passionate kiss.

 

Not really surprised, Minho dropped his cane, wrapping his arms around Taemin, kissing back just as heatedly.

 

Minho’s mind wandered to the first time they kissed, when Minho wasn’t a barker, he was just a confused young thing whose family lost everything. He remembered living on the streets for a while, befriending a little rich kid who was too curious for his own good.

 

They kissed at the same carnival Minho worked in currently, both of them horribly in love. Minho remembers being in awe of the rides, the games and the dulcet scents of cotton candy and popcorn. Taemin had bought him his ticket in, and later had also bought him an ice cream.

 

They were riding the ferris wheel when it happened, when they stopped all the way at the top. Minho’s heart was beating erratically in his chest, and Taemin leaned over, gently holding his hand before giving him the purest of kisses.

 

It was sweet, just like the candy apples they ate afterwards.

 

“I love you.” Taemin whispered to Minho, breaking him out of his reverie.

 

Minho’s eyes went soft as he looked at Taemin adoringly, pressing their foreheads together before giving Taemin’s nose a small kiss that Taemin chuckled at. He leaned over, so he could say whisper three little words next to Taemin’s ear, words infinitely sweeter than their first kiss.

 

 

 

ten 유로파 - SNSD

 

 

 

The lights in the airplane were quite dim, making Taemin feel the slightest bit sleepy, but he wasn’t tired enough to completely fall asleep. Instead he stayed in a dazed state, where his eyes were more than tired but his mind was lowly buzzing. He had his head against the window, looking at the gorgeous night sky.

 

Thousands of stars spanned against the sky, twinkling with absolute beauty as they danced above the clouds. Taemin pulled his legs to his chest, wrapping his arms around his knees before leaning his head against the window, pretending that he was among the stars, just for a little while.

 

As seconds flew by, Taemin’s mind drifted to Minho. He hoped Minho was okay, he hoped that they would be fine.

 

But it seemed no matter how many miles he traveled, no matter how many footsteps he took, Minho would always be just out of reach.

 

Just like the stars.

 

He knows he can’t get any closer, so he’ll settle for overnight airplane rides, unaware of his destination. 

 

His mind his begs him to sleep, but Taemin stays wide awake, trying to count every glistening light in the sky, hoping that one of them will grant him a wish.

 

It’s the same wish every time, and he’s quickly learning that sometimes the distance is too great.

 

 

 

--

i cheat so bad like when the song ends i just restart it omg ;A; anyway thanks for reading sweeties~ (sorry this was late!)