one

play me

 

one  모닝콜 - 10cm 

 

 

The sunlight drifted through the window, tinging everything in gold as Taemin rolled over to his side. The sheets made a small crumpling sound, while the coffee machine beeped from the kitchen.

 

Taemin gave out a loud yawn, rubbing his eyes a bit before diving back into the sheets, losing himself to soft blue blankets. His mind was a muddled mess, but his body was still warm from sleep. 

 

Everything felt like honey, gooey and warm.

 

The feeling was even more intensified when Minho entered his room, throwing himself onto the bed and giving Taemin’s neck a chaste kiss.

 

“Breakfast is ready.” Minho said with a slight chuckle as Taemin struggled to give out an answer.

 

“You’re so cute when you wake up.” Minho said, holding Taemin’s face in his palms, smiling as Taemin was still too sleepy to react. 

 

Taemin leaned into Minho's touch, lidded eyes glazing over Minho’s upturned lips.

 

“I love you, you know that right?” Taemin whispered, covering Minho’s hands with his own.

 

“I love you too, sleepyhead.” Minho responded, leaning in until their noses were touching.

 

Minho was like the sunlight personified, warm and lively, something horribly precious. And as the sun’s warm rays outlined Minho in amber, lighting Minho’s eyes until they were a sort of russet brown instead of their usual sepia—it was something akin to magic.

 

 

two 이별식탁 (Feat. Sanchez Of PHANTOM) - San E  

 

“Tae, I’ll wait for you okay? Don’t take too long, love you.”

 

Minho was seated in the right corner of the coffeeshop where they fell in love, as cliche as it was. The shop itself was painted with soft pink and yellows, the scent of sweets and coffee filled the air.

 

He remembers meeting up with Taemin almost every Wednesday and Thursday, right after classes, both of them with bright smiles.

 

They were friends for a long time, they were lovers for a short period compared to what they used to be. Being together was always calming though, it always felt safe.

 

It was relaxing, Taemin understood him, all of him, he was patient and kind, sometimes mischievous. Taemin wanted to be a singer, and Minho fully supported him.

 

They talked about their dreams in this little shop, their futures and everything they would become. Taemin’s eyes held tiny little suns whenever he’d talk about his passions and Minho absolutely loved it, loved everything about him actually. Words filled empty seconds, until they’ve both created a life together through endless stories, and for a second, Minho almost believed him.

 

But now, as Minho waits in their little corner of the coffee shop, he sees Taemin walk by from the huge window. Taemin has his arms around someone else, he leans in and gives them a small kiss, sweet and innocent.

 

It’s all it takes for Minho’s heart to break.

 

He gets up from their table, going back to their empty apartment. And while he’s walking, he sees Taemin’s receding back, he silently says goodbye. Before turing in the opposite direction, alone.

 

 

 

three 히치하이킹 - SHINee (set in the 60’s because of reasons)

 

 

Taemin lets out a loud laugh as they race down the high way, endless miles of road ahead of them. They have the windows open, and as Taemin’s hair flutters with the wind, Minho can’t help but smile. 

 

“We’re regular freedom riders, aren’t we?” Taemin says, voice still holding laughter as he sips his coke.

 

“We are.” Minho responds with a slight chuckle, smiling even wider when Taemin shoves his side playfully.

 

“Nah, you’re a flower child—look at you, you still have flowers in your hair from that time we stopped at the field. And you refuse to take out your braids.” Taemin says with a snort, offering his coke to Minho who refuses.

 

“Who knew I’d fall in love with a damned hippie?” Taemin says with a gentle smile as he watches the way the sunlight tangles itself in Minho’s loose waves, with a couple of locks still loosely braided, holding flowers that alternated from a soft pink to an off-white.

 

Minho rolls his eyes, but Taemin didn’t quite catch it due to Minho’s tinted sun glasses. Either way Minho wasn’t complaining, not when Taemin randomly holds his hand through their long drive, anticipation rolling off his body as the scenery blurs around them and they’re left with nothing but the horizon line.

 

They have no idea where they’re going, but that doesn’t really matter—it isn’t the point of this ‘running away’ thing they’ve got going on anyways.

 

What matters are small kisses, whispered words, and an endless world out there for them to explore.

 

 

 

four  Sunrise Sunset - We Are Trees

 

 

Minho was walking on familiar rooftops, watching as the sky turned orange with purple edges, like fire it burned through the clouds, turning them pink. Minho climbed onto a particular ledge that was spray painted yellow, as he hoisted himself up, he could see the entire city below him. He could see the fancy high rises and endless skyscrapers along with the part of the city he belonged in—the rundown part. It was a bit dirtier, less high buildings, more destroyed than anything.

 

But that didn’t quite matter, not at this moment.

 

He stopped and waited, standing on rooftops that held something even more magical than sunsets.

 

There was a gentle warmth, and then he had an arm full of Taemin, the boy excitedly holding onto Minho as he bent the colors in the air.

 

“I missed you, so so much.” Taemin said with glassy eyes.

 

Words got stuck in Minho’s throat as he held the precious boy an arms length away, eyes greedily taking in the sight of him before he disappeared again. Time trickled by until the sun dipped down, taking the sunset with it.

 

“When are you coming back to me?” Minho asked with a strained voice, hugging Taemin as the first few tears slipped from his eyes.

 

“I don’t—I don’t know.” Taemin said quietly, words lingering as Taemin’s body became fainter.

 

“You just got here! You can’t leave now.” Minho almost sobbed as Taemin continued fading.

 

“Minho, Minho my love—I’m so sorry, I didn’t think I’d be this late.” Taemin said, tears streaming down his cheeks as the sky began turning darker and darker, ochre orange turning into a darker blue.

 

“I’ll see you in the sunrise.” Minho managed to say as he pressed his lips against Taemin’s, holding the rest of him close until he was gone.

 

When Minho opened his eyes, the world was dark and the night sky swallowed him whole. There were no stars in the sky because of the city lights, but still he sent the stars a kiss, hoping they’d be kind enough to send it back to Taemin.

 

Until sunrise Minho promised to the stars, turning his back to the city, walking down familiar rooftops.

 

 

 

five I Have Friends in Holy Spaces - Panic! At the Disco

 

Minho didn’t quite understand how he managed to get in this situation, dancing in the middle of a meadow as the sun sang high up in the sky.

 

“You remind me of a former love.” Taemin said, laughing as Minho looked at him puzzledly.

 

Minho fixed his suit, and the hat that sat on top of his head, he checked his watch too, wondering how long it’ll take to hop on a train and head home.

 

“Do I know you? Perhaps from my childhood?” Minho asked politely, fiddling a bit with his gloves until Taemin grabbed his hands, lacing their fingers together.

 

“No—but I know you, and you know me from many life times ago, my dearest Minho.”

 

As Minho sat on the train, the car bouncing as the train raced across railways, a certain thought flew across his mind.

 

He never remembered giving Taemin his name.

 

 

 

 

--

hi guys! i decided to post up five at a time becuase they seemed too short to dedicate one whole chapter to idek. also i have friends in holy spaces is two minutes long and it was such a struggle to write something so quick lmao i definitely cheated and went waaaayyy past the time frame of the songs ;; anyway thanks for reading guys c:

(all the links to the songs are in the titles if anyone's curious^^)