The Angel & The Star

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

"Mwo? What a jerk! Geok-jeong ma.. the next time you meet that crazy ert, he will be 'sorry' for messing with my best friend!" Geum Ran was fired up as she listened to Ji Hyo about the man who followed her from the music store. She took the shoe from her best friend's hand and 'analyze' the item carefully, "Seems like your stalker is from a wealthy family.. or maybe he's a thief! He could be wearing stolen shoes! Omo.. maybe he attempted to kidnap you and ask for ransom?". Ji Hyo burst into laughter as she was amazed with Geum Ran's crazy imagination about the mysterious man. That's something Geum Ran really good at - drawing her own conclusion out of her creative mind. But at the same time, Ji Hyo had to admit that there's a possibility that her best friend's assumption might be true.

 

If the man was really a kidnapper, then her life could be in danger. He might have failed the first time, but there's no guarantee that the guy won't go for the second attempt. Although she used to enrol in a taekwondo class during her high school years, Ji Hyo hadn't got the chance to complete the lesson. A basic defence and attack moves shouldn't be a problem, yet she wasn't sure if the skill would be useful when facing a real enemy. On the other hand, it could be that the man was a stalker who had a 'thing' for her. He might be her 'secret admirer' from the neighbourhood, and all he wanted to do was to get her attention. The more she thought about it, the more she became confused with her own theory. "Otteoke? If I told my parents.. they will definitely freak out and 'lock' me up in my room just to protect me from that guy," Ji Hyo predicted the outcome of being honest with her parents.

 

Geum Ran couldn't hold her laughter when the 'bad Ji Hyo' suddenly became a coward, "Yaa! Since when do you care about the 'lock up'? You always used me as your 'key'.. remember?". True enough, whenever Ji Hyo was grounded by her parents, her best friend would always come out with brilliant idea to bail her out. Geum Ran was indeed a master of 'deceiver' with years of experience in fooling people with her 'innocent' eyes. While Ji Hyo was more convincing in pretending to be clueless with her 'mong' face. That's made them perfect for each other as comrades. "By the way, do you know that you are 'famous' now because of the 'slapping' scene? Someone uploaded the video on the Internet and it went viral," Geum Ran smiled proudly at her best friend.

 

"Jinjja? What are they saying about it?" Ji Hyo had a mix of feelings between excited that she made the headline and anxious about the reaction from Jaejoong's fans. Geum Ran's expression was unreadable - she was smiling, yet it didn't look like a 'good news' smile. After her best friend kept badgering her into revealing the feedback from the public, Geum Ran finally spilled out the details, "The comments are divided. The men were happy that you 'taught' the arrogant Jaejoong a lesson.. but of course, women were all furious because you 'humiliated' their oppa." Learning that she has her own supporters as well as haters, Ji Hyo had cold feet and her heart began to race so fast as if it could explode anytime soon.

 

For a second, Ji Hyo was out of words. She was too scared to watch the video and read the comments herself, but Geum Ran kept insisting that she should. "Who knows.. your stalker could be one of them!" she tried to convince Ji Hyo, but her best friend denied, "I don't think so! He didn't say anything about Jaejoong. That's why I called him 'ert'.. because he had this 'weird' smile on his face when he saw me dancing in the music store!". Her confession made Geum Ran rolling on the floor and laughing out loud, "Omo.. who is crazy enough to dance in a music store?! No wonder he found you very 'inviting'!". "Yaa! I can't help it when I'm listening to my boyfriend's song!" Ji Hyo was blushing from embarrassment - trying to justify her action.

 

Knowing that Geum Ran would keep on making fun of her 'obsession' towards Jaejoong, Ji Hyo decided to keep the backstage passes all to herself. She would probably get into another 'embarrassing' situation with Jaejoong, so Ji Hyo didn't want to take a risk of being the source of amusement for Geum Ran. When her best friend asked if she would like to go to Jaejoong's mini concert, Ji Hyo simply replied, "I'm too scared to face his fangirls! They'll torn my clothes and pull my hair without mercy! No thanks.. I'd rather not going!".

 

But came the day for Jaejoong's mini concert, Ji Hyo was very excited as she searched her closet for the best outfit that she could wear just to meet the man of her dream at the backstage. From dark blue blouse to sleeveless top, finally she settled with a red polka dot dress just below the knees. She told her parents and Geum Ran that she will be attending a birthday party of a friend from her university, so no one would question her whereabout although she had curfew hours. Ji Hyo took a cab to go to Jaejoong's concert and arrived safely just 20 minutes before the show begins. The concert ended after an hour, so Ji Hyo immediately gained her access to the backstage after Jaejoong had returned to his changing room. With the help from one of the security officers, she was taken to the hallyu star's dressing room which was restricted to the public.

 

Jaejoong was with his stylist when he heard someone knocking on his door. He turned around and saw one of the crews was waiting for him at the entrance, "What is it?". "Your fan is here for the 'meet-and-greet' session. Miss, please make yourself comfortable," the officer invited Ji Hyo into the room where Jaejoong was waiting. She thanked the man for his kind assistance and slowly took a step forward to approach the famous celebrity. With every move, Ji Hyo felt like the ground was trembling as her knees became weaker due to her extreme nervousness. She kept her head down, which made it difficult for Jaejoong to see her face. Still, he found himself attracted to the 'aura' from the woman - especially the way she dressed herself in an outfit that emphasized her slender figure. 'Wow.. am I seeing an angel?' Jaejoong was mesmerized by her appearance, but his 'ego' wouldn't allow him to admit it openly. 

 

The hallyu star instructed his stylist to leave them alone so he could have a 'privacy' moment with his special guest. Usually his fangirls would rush towards him for a free hug, but not this one. She was avoiding from making any eye contact with him, and he could tell that there's something 'unique' about the woman. 'I guess she prefers to be chased by man,' that's what he thought. Jaejoong got up from his chair and casually walked towards the 'shy' lady. Fortunately for her, his fast move had saved the woman from falling when she accidentally tripped over her shoes. The hallyu star managed to catch Ji Hyo in his arms and help her to stand on her feet. "Wae geu rae? Are you nervous?" Jaejoong smiled at her, as their eyes finally locked on each other.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Jaejoong works his charm on Ji Hyo, but later they got into big argument after he recognized her as the woman who slapped his face

b) Jaejoong works his charm on Ji Hyo, and expressed his interest in getting to know her personally without realizing that she was the one who slapped his face