Goodbye

Help
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heavy. That was the first word popped out of his mind, as soon as his sleep time was over. 

Strange. The second word came after he felt something off with his body.

He took a deep breath, trying to get up in one, two, three..

"Huh?"

He was confused now. Usually he would be floating after getting ready but nothing happened. He stirred on his bed, turning his body facing the window while yawning. He stretched his arms up until it met the headboard with a loud thud.

"Ouch!"

Then it hit him. He opened his eyes immediately and scanned his body. He sat up when he realized he wasn't on his normal state and he didn't know what to do.

"Jungkook! Help me!"

The said boy groaned from other room but still came into the source of voice called for him. 

"What is it no-" Jungkook stopped his words. "Holy ! Taehyung!"

Jungkook stormed to the almost crying boy in front of him. He reached up for Taehyung but unsurprisingly he couldn't. His hand just passed through Taehyung's body, not even able to touch him. Jungkook cursed loudly. He knew, both of them knew this would happen someday. But not this soon. Neither were ready about this. Especially Taehyung.

"You will be okay, Taehyung.. You just have to be used with this human body now.. Only for weeks, maybe a month?"

Taehyung shook his head, still unable to accept the reality. It just came without any sign, how could he prepare anything for it? Surely, he learned a lot about human, how they walked, how they talked, how they interacted with each other, how they did things, and so on. But still, it made him scared. Theory was always different with the realization. 

"I don't know.." Taehyung whispered. "Did you feel the same back then?"

"It was so weird at first.. You know, not all of us are chosen.." Jungkook took a seat beside Taehyung. "But believe me, you'll get used to it soon.."

Taehyung didn't seem convinced. He looked stressed and clueless. He kept staring at his solid hands and didn't know how to react when he could feel his heartbeat. It spoke life, and he was amazed yet confused of this. 

"It's amazing, right?" Jungkook smiled at Taehyung, trying to rest his hand on the latter's shoulder but couldn't. 

Taehyung nodded, slowly accepting the change. It wasn't that bad, he told himself, it was a great opportunity to try something new, to learn something different. The thought was bubbling inside him, he knew it was for a good reason this big change happened.

"Tell me more about human's life, Jungkook.."

"I'd love to. But I'm afraid we don't have much time until you got brought into the other side.."

Both looked at the clock, it was only three minutes before Taehyung should leave the place. 

"Just say the point."

"Adapt well, try to interact with them more but don't gain too much attention. Befriend with them. I'm sure you'll find a good friend to help you with anything."

"... Okay..." Taehyung sighed heavily. "It would be harder to do, right?"

"Yeah but just enjoy it. You'll like it as time goes by."

"Thanks." Taehyung smiled. "I guess it's time for me to go. Wish me luck! See you soon!"

With that, a flash of light captured Taehyung and he disappeared. Jungkook sighed heavily, he still hadn't told the most important thing to Taehyung.

"And you'll never know when things get back to normal again.."

 

 

 

Jimin didn't remember what or when or how it happened but he felt like had known Taehyung for a long time. That was why he took care of the clumsy boy with no further question. It was just sometimes he didn't understand why Taehyung could be that careless and hurt himself so many times. Jimin was like a mother, he was nagging a lot but still cared about Taehyung. 

Taehyung, in fact, was thankful of Jimin's well being. At first he was scared if human wouldn't like him, or if he couldn't make any friends. But Jimin was different. He was nice and he had cute eyesmile. Taehyung never knew if human could be this adorable. 

Jimin ever said that he was scared of ghosts and asked Taehyung to not bring any of horror movies or he would be kicked out of there. Taehyung just nodded, a bit unsure of what he just heard. Were ghosts that scary? As he recalled again, ghosts on his level never shown themselves in front of human. So it must be the lower leveled ones. He wanted to tell Jimin that not all ghosts were like that but he knew it was useless. Moreover, if he said that he was a ghost.. He was sure Jimin wouldn't believe him. So the best choice was just to keep silent.

But Taehyung was being Taehyung, and Jimin couldn't deny the cuteness came from him. Even with scratches and bruises here and there, Jimin found Taehyung annoyingly attractive. It was amusing to see those big eyes asking for help while the lips jutted out to bear the pain. Jimin had no heart to ignore his bestfriend. All he could do was lecturing the boy, with his hands worked on patching the wounds up. 

Taehyung would always stay silent when Jimin did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter