Insecure

Breakfast At BigHit

Jimin avoided breakfast, in fact he tried to avoid Taehyung at most opportunities. Lying down on the cold floor of the empty practice room he continued doing sit-ups while contemplating what to say to V. Words never came easy to him, he wasn't as well articulated as Namjoon or Hoseok. Instead his best option was just to avoid confrontation all together. This was Jimin's way around most problems.

He strained to pull his body up towards his knees.

97

He huffed out a breath that echoed against the harsh mirrors and bright florescent lights of the room. What if he told V that he wasn't feeling well? Surely Taehyung would understand and they could move past the topic, but V would probably see through the lie and demand an explanation. It was time to sit up again, bracing himself he tensed his muscles.

98

Falling back down was always the easiest part. What if he just pretended like it didn't happen? Jimin could play the sweet and innocent card like a fiddle, he always knew that he could use that as a back up plan. But then again, Tae would be able to see past that, ever since they got closer it was like their minds melded into one single being. They had a psychic connection of some sorts, they would always be able to read between the lines of what the other was saying. This time Jimin didn't want V to know what was really going through his mind. He couldn't let V know. He couldn't. Only two left now. Jimin clambered up to reach his kneecaps again.

99

He wasn't good enough...

Jimin slammed back down onto the unforgiving floor of the practice room and started to sob, his tears and sweat mingling with each other as they rolled down his cheek. He wasn't good enough for Taehyung, he'd never be. Jimin curled up into a fetal position with his hands over his eyes, his cries bouncing off the walls of this lonely place. It was then that he heard the door creak open.

He quickly sat back up and wiped his eyes on his tank top, drenching the material and hiding his shame from whoever was walking into the room.

"I didn't see you at breakfast, Jimin" The deep voice belonged to V, it sounded sad and low.

"You know me, I had to get a few morning exercises done before the day kicks in." Jimin said with a hint of melancholy, he still didn't turn, he hugged his knees close to his heart as he heard Tae approach.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" V says with a sympathetic tone "You can take your time, I'm here for you, Jimin."

Jimin was taken aback by Tae's caring attitude towards him, surely he doesn't deserve this. But he can't lie to V, he can't.

"I..." Jimin stuttered "I'm not good enough for you" He confessed, his tears starting up again

"What?" V was confused

"I don't deserve you, Taehyung. I never have deserved you," Jimin's breath was getting heavier with each word he said "You're so nice and sweet and confident and I'm--"

"You're perfect," Taehyung interrupted "You're amazing Jimin. All my confidence is just an act, or at least it was until I fell for you."

Jimin's eyes widened in disbelief as he heard the words pour from V's lips. He watched as Taehyung sat on the floor in front of Jimin, He took his hands in his own and looked sincerely into his eyes.

"Never let anyone, including yourself, tell you that you're not good enough. Because I love you Jimin, flaws and all. Shouldn't that be good enough?"

Jimin didn't know what to say, Tae made a really good point. Knowing that V just confessed his love for Jimin didn't magically make all his insecurities go away, but it was certainly a step in the right direction for Jimin to find some love for himself. There was bound to be more obstacles in their path but Jimin knew that they could face their difficulties together.

Jimin wrapped his arms around V and sunk into his chest, exhaling out all of his worries as V's arms enveloped Jimin's back. He felt Taehyung's deep breaths as he rested his head against his hair. Tae breathed Jimin in as they held their silent embrace.

Suddenly the room didn't feel as lonely.