Cup Noodles

Breakfast At BigHit

3:34 AM reared it's ugly head again and Jimin was having trouble sleeping. His insomnia made sure that he'd always be awake around this time to see the sunrise, and at first he didn't mind but now it's affecting his performance and the other members are starting to notice. He released himself from the confines of his duvet cocoon and shuffled his way out of the dorm room and down the hall, creeping slowly so as not to wake the other members. With his muffled footsteps he made his way into the sleek and spotless kitchen to rustle up some grub, he needed to eat something before he took any sleeping pills so he may as well make some cup noodles.

Peering his head into the cupboards like a lion looking for prey he found what he needed and slipped into master chef mode. With the steaming cup of beef noodles in one hand he turned to sit at the table.

He froze when he saw that he wasn't the only one in the room. The lights were dimmed so it was difficult for him to make out who it was; reaching for the light switch he brightened the dark corner to reveal who th shadowy figure could be.

*click*

With a flash of light he nearly blinded his fellow member Taehyung. Of course V would be here at this ungodly hour, it was just like him to randomly appear in any room of the building when you least expect him to. The guy even managed to find his way into a locked bathroom to brush his teeth much to Jin's chagrin as he was in the middle of a shower and this wasn't an appropriate time for dental hygiene.

Jimin wandered over to the table where he sat devouring cornflakes.

"Please tell me that I'm actually dreaming right now and you're not actually sitting here at quarter to four in the morning eating cereal." Jimin brooded with a hint of annoyance, being hungry and tired was a bad combo for him as he usually got quite cranky.

"No I'm a figment of your imagination." V just about managed to say between the crunches of his cereal, he looked up at Jimin with a flippant smile and stuck his head back down to the bowl.

Jimin sat down and helped himself to a mouthful of hot ramen. That was a bad idea, his mouth burned and his reaction caused some noodle to escape the cup and land on his face

"Here." Taehyung extends his hand to wipe off any excess ramen. Jimin relished the sensation of V touching his face although he'd never admit it out loud.

Recovering from that embarrasment he decided to take one of his sleeping pills and finish his noodles as quick as possible and headed back to bed until V stopped him. Jimin's arm was held in place by Taehyung's gripping hand. Again, he loved feeling the touch of Taehyung on his skin so he willingly stayed in place to hear his younger out.

"They take an hour to kick in you know." He said matter of factly.

Jimin grudgingly sat back down and watched impatiently as V finished his cereal. A few silent moments passed before finally Tae spoke up.

"So what's on your mind?" the younger inquired with a hint of concern.

"Nothing I just find it hard to sleep sometimes, I've been like this for a while now and i think it's affecting my performance. I'm not as in sync with the others when we rehearse and I think that they've noticed that my insomnia is back," Jimin confessed to him, trusting him with his troubles. "Can you notice it?"

"Well to be quite honest, I notice a lot of things about you..." He paused for a moment just now understanding the weight of his words, Jimin acknowledged this but didn't say anything; he didn't have to say anything as his cheeks turned a scarlet colour. They looked into each other's eyes for a second and saw the spark, something that had always been there since day one. They were lost in each others gaze until Jimin snapped out of it and brought them both back to reality.

He looked at the hands on the clock mounted on the wall

4:35

Jimin felt drowsy and slightly light headed, Taehyung noticed this and offered to help him back to his room and make sure he was in bed. After pulling the covers over him he leaned in close and whispered "I bet you notice things about me too"

It was at that moment that Jimin couldn't stand the distance anymore, he wanted to be closer to Tae, closer than friends so turned his head to meet V's lips, Tae reciprocated this by leaning in lazily and planting his kiss upon Jimin's pouted mouth; the kiss was soft and gentle. It wasn't passionate like how he'd imagined, it was different. It was tender, it was loving. All he could do was lay there and enjoy Taehyung's company.

"Sweet dreams" V lulled into Jimin's ear.

The last thought Jimin had was of V's soft lips caressing his before he slowly faded into a deep sleep.