two

Tender Love

Hey, it's been a looooooong time. Sorry if I took a while to update. But here it is. Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

After spending another tiring day at work and thinking of ways on how I should tell Wendy about the truth… scratch that, I don’t know how I’d tell it to her. I know it should be easy, or shouldn’t it?

 

I’m in a state in which I’m driven by my purest intentions to tell her of Yerim’s real identity, for her to be a part of her life. But all those years of raising Yerim on my own kept flashing on my mind.

 

The hardships of raising a child alone.

 

I know it isn’t her fault and that I should have atleast found a way to get in contact with her but… I blame it on my pride.

 

I’m so stupid for thinking that I can probably race Yerim by myself, without any interferences from the past; it has never occurred to me that I’ll be seeing the person responsible for all of this, for bringing Yerim into my life, to appear right in front of us in just the blink of an eye.

 

Anyways, this isn’t the time to be reminiscing.

 

Whatever happens, I know that from now on Wendy’s gonna be a part of Yerim’s (and definitely my) every day life, it’s the only thing I’m certain with as of this moment.

 

 

 

 

 

- - -

 

 

 

 

 

Driving out of my workplace and right through the daycare’s parking area wasn’t that much of a hassle today.

 

Just thinking of how excited Yerim must be to tell stories about her first day at the daycare brought a smile on my face.

 

I strutted my way to the entrance of the daycare with hurried steps and pushed the door open only to see a snoring Yerim being carried and rocked to and fro by Wendy.

 

She was humming a lullaby and I swear, I thought I’d fall asleep with how suiting her voice is.

 

She smiled at me and motioned that I should “keep it down” for a while. It musn’t have been that long since my little rascal has decided to enter dreamland.

 

I mouthed an “okay” and watched as she put Yerim to sleep.

 

She sure is an expert when it comes to child care

 

“Aren’t you tired? Do you want me to carry her instead?” I asked.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m sure you’re way more tired than I am, Ms. Office Lady.” She let out a soft chuckle.

 

“But Yerim is quite heavy…”

 

“No big deal. I don’t own this daycare for nothing.”

 

A small movement from Yerim caught both our attention.

 

I thought she was about to wake up but she only snuggled closer to Wendy, burying her face on her chest in the process.

 

“She sure is a heavy sleeper.” Wendy said as she traced small circles on Yerim’s back, “That offer of treating you to a cup of coffee is still up, wanna go grab one while it’s still steaming hot?”

 

“But… wouldn’t Yerim be a burden to you…?”

 

“Relax, Irene. She’s still a baby after all, I can and I will carry her whenever, wherever.”

 

“She got close with you pretty fast, she isn’t usually like this.”

 

“I don’t know but I feel something towards Yerim, this closeness which I can’t comprehend. She’s like my own daughter.” She laughed and I did too… nervously.

 

Seeing as you are this fond of her… I wouldn’t be able to deny it

 

“So, what do you say?”

 

“Alright. We’re taking my car.”

 

“Good choice as I’m pretty much preoccupied with this little one.” She picked up a sling bag from the table with Yerim still in her arms.

 

“I’ll take that.”

 

“Thank you. Wait, I just need to tell the remaining staff that I’ll be heading out.”

 

“Take your time.”

 

She strode off the staff’s lounge and stayed there for about five minutes or so before heading out again.

 

“Let’s go?”

 

 

 

 

 

- - -

 

 

 

 

 

The cafe wasn’t that far from the daycare. We passed by a few blocks and got there within twenty minutes with much time to spare before the evening breaks.

 

I headed out of the car first to help Wendy on the passenger’s seat as she insisted on carrying Yerim (with the excuse that she might wake up when we put her down the baby carrier)

 

She smiled yet again and gestured for me to walk alongside her to the cafe’s entrance.

 

I held the door open for Wendy to enter when a voice spoke from inside the cafe,

 

“Welcome to-”

 

“Wendy! Oh, and who’s that little girl you have with you?”

 

“Hey, Jessica unnie!”

 

Jessica…? Don’t tell me…

 

“Aw she’s sleeping well.” Jessica cooed, “Wait, I think I know her…”

 

I closed the door to the cafe and locked eyes with none other than- sh*t, it is THAT Jessica unnie.

 

“Irene? That means this little girl is Yerim?”

 

“Wait, hold up. You two know each other?” Wendy asked.

 

“Well, she is Tiffany’s cousin.”

 

“Oh.” Wendy was taken aback. “How come I never knew about that?”

 

“I…” I was actually speechless.

 

I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THAT JESSICA UNNIE AND WENDY ARE ACQUINTANCES

 

“Dear, you told me that you’d rather keep your circle of friends at a minimum. And you actually don’t care of your surroundings most of the time, except for the kids.”

 

“Point taken.”

 

“I’m guessing you enrolled Yerim in her daycare center?” Jessica unnie waved her hand in front of me.

 

“Uh, yes. I did. I didn’t know you two…?”

 

“We’re, hmm, how do you call it?”

 

“I’m her girlfriend #2” Wendy grinned.

 

“The Jungs and the Sons are pretty tight.” Jessica unnie briefly explained, “If Tiffany was here, you know we’d both be dead by now.”

 

“That’s what you get for having a very possessive girlfriend.” Wendy sat down on one of the couch.

 

“Good thing Yerim’s a heavy sleeper, huh?” Jessica unnie asked.

 

“You can say that…” Wendy trailed off, “Though I really enjoy having her in my arms. You know how much I love kids.”

 

“You sure do.” The owner of the cafe smiled, “Irene, aren’t you going to sit?”

 

“Right.” I sat down next to Wendy, “I didn’t know you run a cafe, unnie.

 

“Consider it as my pastime job. Anything you guys want to try? Everything’s on the house.”

 

“We’ll take your special brew, I think Irene would love that as well.”

 

“Special brew it is then. I’ll get back to you two when I’m done.”

 

“Thanks unnie.

 

After Jessica unnie was gone to prepare the coffee, Wendy spoke again, “What a small world.”

 

“It… really is.”

 

If only I knew it was this easy to get in touch with you… what the hell is this? Has fate been playing with us all along?

 

“Anyways, this might be a rather sensitive topic but… how’d you, you know, have Yeri?”

 

“Umm, ?”

 

“You didn’t really have to delve into it that deeply.” She laughed, “I mean, who’s the lucky man?”

 

You

 

I was about to answer her question when the chiming of the miniature bells on the entrance of the cafe interrupted,

 

“Woah that was tiring.”

 

“Tiffany unnie???”

 

“Irene???”

 

She looked at the person beside me,

 

“Wendy???”

 

A small yet lively voice followed suit,

 

“Yerim too!” My toothy little angel said as she rubbed on her right eye with her tiny hand.

 

Oh boy

 

 

 

 

 

- TBC -

Dudun~ *** Oh and before anything else, Jessica and Tiffany has no clue as to who Yerim's "father" really is. Irene kept it a secret to them though they have supported her all throughout her struggles as a single parent.

Can we just talk about WenRene on Vogue Korea? It inspired me to write this chapter tonight, I'm crying. I never thought that this day would come, to see them beside each other on a photoshoot with that gay pose. Hahaha. I love Vogue <3

Ayt, I wouldn't make this A/N longer but I'll be busy the following weeks again. Finals. I have a lot of requirements to do TT

Please continue on supporting our girls and Dumb Dumb!

How'd this chapter go? If you have any comments, violent reactions or opinions, please do drop one by on the comments section below~ Thanks (:

 

~ XOXO

If there are typos and/or grammatical errors, I might edit them tomorrow