one

Tender Love

I'm really sorry I took long enough to post an update. But, here goes nothing. Enjoy (:

 

 

 

 

 

We were young.

 

We wanted to let our frustrations out.

 

We we were drunk.

 

We decided that it was nothing more than just a one night stand.

 

No attachments.

 

No further connections.

 

But I have to say that it was the best night of my life.

 

I only know her name and maybe her age.

 

Nothing else.

 

After that night, I hurriedly left her hotel room without leaving any trace of my existence.

 

Maybe she’d pass and think of me as a dream.

 

The real world waited for me to come back, and so I did.

 

I’ve been living on my own ever since I was sixteen.

 

My parents passed away but they left me pretty much loaded.

 

Two months went by after that fateful night.

 

I had no idea that what was supposed to be nothing but a game, would bloom into something more.

 

I got pregnant.

 

Never have I imagined getting knocked up at the age of twenty one.

 

I thought of any other possibilities.

 

, but she’s the only one I had with.

 

I can’t be pregnant all by myself, I’m not some godly entity neither am I aual.

 

Yes, she was my first.

 

Aborting this pregnancy wasn’t an option.

 

This child is a part of me as much as it is a part of her.

 

If I have to raise her on my own then so be it.

 

I had no clue where to find the girl with the blue eyes, who’s very much responsible for this child.

 

I had a hard time handling things on my own, good thing I have my older cousin Tiffany who helped me all through out the remaining seven months of carrying this child.

 

The day she was born, I felt like I’ve entered a new world.

 

It was love at first sight.

 

My little Yerim

 

The moment she opened her eyes, I knew she’d always remind me of her - their eyes, they have the same hue and color.

 

Eyes that are as blue as the ocean against the brightness of the sun.

 

But this little angel’s probably got the shape of her lips from me.

 

I made a promise that day,

 

I will do everything in my power to protect her and give her all the love she needs even if it’s only the two of us.

 

Days flew, months went by and years passed, 

 

Now I find myself staring at my adorable little girl.

 

She’s grown up so much.

 

And though I love watching her sleep, she needs to wake up or she’s going to be late.

 

I made my way to her bed and scooted over.

 

I chuckled at the sight of seeing my little girl sleeping with wide open.

 

I scooted over and blew a raspberry on her stomach.

 

Moments later, her giggles filled the room.

 

“Good morning, squirtle.” I ruffled her hair and gave her forehead a kiss.

 

She answered back with a cute whine, her hands reaching out for me.

 

I wrapped her in with a warm hug, “I thought you said you’re a big girl now.”

 

“But I’m only four.” She pouted.

 

“And it’s almost 8, you’re gonna be late.” I lifted her off the bed and carried her out of the room.

 

“I don’t wanna go to school~” She said as I sat her down the dining table.

 

“You were just so excited about it last night, dear. How about a deal?”

 

“Deal!”

 

Kids are so easy to catch- sometimes.

 

“If you go to school, I’ll let you watch your favorite show tonight.”

 

“Squirtle!”

 

“So it’s a deal?”

 

“Yes!” She beamed at me.

 

“You’re so cute!” I pinched on her right cheek, “Now start eating. After that, I’m going to bathe you. You smell like rotten eggs now.”

 

She stuck her tongue out at me, “I’m not stinky!”

 

I laughed it off as I prepared the necessities she’ll be needing for the day.

 

“Mom?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Did you make me on your own?”

 

I laughed at her question, “Where did you get that idea from, baby?”

 

“That kid I played with in the playground asked me why I only have a mom.”

 

I sat down next to her and wiped the bread crumbles on the side of , “Is mom doing a bad job at raising you?”

 

“No! But… dad… he looks like me?”

 

Dad, huh? Oh baby. She does remind me of a baby boy though.

 

“Mom! Why are you smiling?”

 

“Your eyes.”

 

“My eyes?” She asked.

 

“The color of your eyes, you got it from your dad.”

 

“Ohhhh.”

 

“Now come here, let’s make you clean and presentable!”

 

 

 

 

 

- - -

 

 

 

 

 

Bathing Yerim was easy, but dressing her was chaotic.

 

She’s just so hyper, I can’t keep up with her silly antics.

 

After settling her down the car seat and making sure that she’s safe, I went to the driver’s seat and drove out of the garage.

 

“Car ride!” She chuckled.

 

Passing by a few blocks and a highway, we’ve safely arrived at the daycare - it only takes about a thirty-minute travel from our house.

 

I went out of the driver’s seat and got Yerim out of the car.

 

She wriggled out of my arms, “I want to go inside already!”

 

“Woah there, aren’t you excited?” I tapped the tip of her nose, “I’m gonna get your things and my bag first. Behave yourself, okay?”

 

“Okay!” She flashed me a cute smile and went to the direction of the daycare’s entrance.

 

I was halfway through where Yerim was standing when I spotted a somehow familiar blonde head squatting down, matching my daughter’s height to communicate with her.

 

Just to make sure, I tried to call out Yerim’s attention,

 

“Bae Yerim!”

 

This can’t be

 

“Mom!”

 

The girl who was previously squatting down, stood up and met my gaze, “You must be-”

 

Why now

 

“Irene?”

 

“W-Wendy.”

 

“Mom!” Yerim tugged onto the hem of my shirt which gave me a good reason to avoid the other girl’s gaze.

 

“Yes, dear?”

 

“We have the same eyes!”

 

Wendy, still a bit stunned by our untimely reunion, moved forward and smiled at Yerim, “You mean our eye color, kiddo?”

 

“Yes! What this auntie said!”

 

“I… can see that.”

 

“Mom…?” Yerim looked at me with curious eyes, “You said my dad has the same,” she pointed at her right eye.

 

“Dear, you’re far too young for me to explain things to you.” I hauled her up my arm, “Well anyway, it’s been years, Wendy. What are you doing here? Perhaps…” I trailed off, “You’re here to drop your kid off?”

 

“Don’t be silly, Irene.” She chuckled, “It’s not like that. I’m actually the owner of this daycare.”

 

“You- What?!”

 

 

“Surprise, surprise? I usually help with the people taking care of the kids as well.” She patted Yerim’s head who was pouting all along, “You don’t have to worry now, your daughter is in good hands.”

 

Oh no

 

“Is your husband…?”

 

“No, no. I don’t have a- I’m raising Yerim alone.”

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have-”

 

“It’s okay.” I showed her a small smile, reassuring her that it was fine.

 

“We, umm, have a lot of catching up to do. What do you say about coffee? Later when you pick this little one up?” She lightly pinched on Yerim’s left cheek which emitted a soft chuckle from her.

 

Guess it wouldn’t hurt

 

“Fine with me.”

 

“That’s settled then.”

 

“Now,” I tapped the tip of Yerim’s nose yet again, “Behave, okay? Remember what you promised mom and the reward you’ll get?”

 

She nodded.

 

Wendy reached out for Yerim, “I’ll take it from here.”

 

I gave Yerim a peck on the cheek and started walking my way back to the car,

 

“Bye mom! I love you! Take care!”

 

Wendy stood out of the door with Yerim in her arms, who was enthusiastically waving at me.

 

“Bye baby, love you too.”

 

I took one last glimpse of the two and entered the car.

 

Dear god, what am I going to do? Yerim looks so comfortable with Wendy, it hasn’t even been a day.

 

She looks perfect with my daughter in her arms.

 

Our daughter.

 

Should I just tell her?

 

I started off the engine.

 

I might as well think of what I should do later on but for now, I need to get to work.

 

Wendy… I hope you understand

 

 

 

 

 

TBC... dun dun! Haha. Howdy, folks, it's been a while. As for the inspiration about this fanfic, I kind of stumbled upon this certain manga, but it's different in a way. I added a few twist/s along the way. I'm still not sure if this is just going to be a two-shots but most probably it will. As I've said in the foreword, "Don't ask me how it happened, it just did." Anything can happen in fanfics so #HYOLO

I won't make this A/N any longer. If you have any violent reactions, comments or just anything that ranges from happiness to anger (loljk) please do drop one below. I love reading comments, they're food for my brain. Haha.

 

'Til the next update

If there are any typos I'll probably edit 'em when I have the time

~ XOXO