Chapter one

The Enigmatic Stranger

One. Two. Three.

I was lying on my bed counting the seconds that slowly went by. I knew if I wanted to wake up with ease at 9AM I had to sleep soon. Though it would be worth waking up earlier than I usually do to visit Heavenly Delight (a cafe near my house), and apply for a summer job. Well if I were to fall asleep right now, then I'd get about seven hours of sleep, which isn't bad at all. But then again that was the thought that had crossed my mind about an hour ago. A sigh escaped my lips, as I sat up defeated.

Perhaps a walk would tire me out? Taking in a deep breath I pushed off my bed and strolled over to the closet to grab a light jacket. After I grabbed it, I went to toss it on over my silk pajamas. Though I wondered how my hair was doing after I was lying on the pillow for so long, so I walked over to my body length mirror only to find my long brown hair puffed up. I ran my fingers through it trying to bring it to its usual state. After all that was done I walked over to my nightstand and checked my phone which read 3:16 AM; I should get to walking soon. I wandered over to the door, slid on my sandals, and walked outside.

"Wow, it feels so nice!" I gushed. The gentle summer wind greeted me wholeheartedly, and I adored the feeling of it, especially the wind blowing softly through my hair. Now that I was outside I silently questioned where I should head off to. Making a mental list and going through all my options there was only one that made sense to me: the beach. It was only a five minute walk away from my house, and not to mention I was absolutely captivated by the natural beauty of its usually vacant coves.

As I approached the beach, I glanced over it taking it in in all its entirety. Even at night the view was something to behold. The usual see through water took on a darker sapphire appearance which still crashed onto the white shore. Smiling, finally done with my sightseeing, I headed off towards the foliage that covered the pebbled path leading into my favorite secret area. I pushed the foliage aside carefully and walked through making sure to rearrange the plants afterwards to make it inconspicuous. I walked along the trail taking in the beautiful scenery. Light pink petals lined the path bringing my attention to how many bushes were covered with these lovely pink blooms. It was amazing how the light pink contrasted with the jungle like green quite nicely. But that thought was put to a standstill when I noticed something out of the ordinary.

Sitting near the edge of the sands where the tides came calmly onto the shore there was a man who was only a few meters away. I found it absolutely peculiar, since I could've sworn I kept this place covered well enough. Though I must've been standing gawking at the man for quite some time because he turned towards me. The moonlight bounced softly onto his features allowing me to view the man, and I gasped lightly stunned at his appearance.

He was beyond handsome and somehow his simple attire brought it out even more so. The stranger wore a plain white v-neck completing the outfit with navy blue skinny jeans and a midnight black jacket. His hair, a strikingly dark chestnut and his feather-like bangs were parted over to the left. Or perhaps it was over to his right. Regardless it led me down to glance over his nose which was perfectly straight, and my eyes carried my gaze down to observe his lips which were opposite of mine, plump and unopened. I tore my gaze from his lips and peered up into his eyes. To this I was met with an intense gaze from this handsome stranger that I couldn't seem to break. He brought a hand up to his face to brush his bangs out of his eyes, and afterwards he carefully stood up. Not breaking eye contact with me he began to walk to me with ease, and I swear I'd forgotten how to breathe.

With a sudden intake of air I managed to ask him "I- Who? W-what's your name?" Smooth. My face definitely matched the confidence I was letting out. Cheeks flushed, mouth slightly agape, and unblinking eyes. He remained silent then faster than I had realized he was standing right in front of me. The man, still expressionless, had his gaze fixated on me looking me up and down, then after what felt like an eternity walked straight past me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Had he just ignored my question entirely? I spun around, in need of an answer.

"Wait, please! What's your name?" I repeated without stuttering this time. 

He stopped in his tracks obviously contemplating on whether to enlighten me or not. He only turned his head to the side letting me view his side profile. "Nam Woohyun." He stated, voice flowing like silk. Not giving me anytime to respond back he went back to walking away from me. I felt my heart become lighter at just the sound of his voice. After awhile of memorizing how his named flowed on his lips, I allowed my to recall how effortlessly he stood up and walked out of the cove. If I come back tomorrow, would I be able to see him again?

"Nam Woohyun, how did you find this place?" I murmured to myself adding his name to allow myself to become familiar with it. He was incredibly mysterious, finding a hidden cove and only explaining himself with his name. Then a sad realization dawned upon me. And not the one that I was totally in my pajamas when Woohyun, one of the most handsome men I've ever seen, was talking to me.

"Oh shoot! I have to wake up at nine tomorrow!" I cursed to no one in particular. Groaning I buried my head in my hands, and I began my trek through the foliage. When I had approached the greenery I saw it was put back in place, so he actually did know that this place was meant to be hidden. Despite this information the man was nowhere in sight, perhaps I just took too long standing in place thinking about his name. I snapped out of my thoughts not to waste anymore time thinking of a man I had just met and jogged home.

I reached my door and pulled it open. After stepping inside I quickly tossed off my jacket while slipping my shoes off. I reached my nightstand where I had lain my phone and checked it hesitantly.
3:48 AM
I groaned inwardly. How was I going to sleep when my thoughts are consumed with him? It's going to be a interesting day to say the least.