Chapter 5 - The MSG gang

You and Me : The life of an Executive

It was a tiring day. What with the meeting with Kim Won, and the script and the filming locations and actors and actresses and what not. By the time Soon Jin was done, it was already 10 pm. She decided to not take her car that day, so she found herself walking on her own late at night towards MSG. 

All she wanted was a glass of wine and a plate of warm food. Something comforting. She never knew it was this tiring to work with the son of your father's nemesis. Think of it as business, she told herself. Her father had taught her everything so it hurt her to know someone could be so mean to her father. 

She took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Before she was even down the few steps, she was already calling out to Na Ji Ah. "Ji Ah Unnie! Ji Ah Unnie!" 

Na Ji Ah answered from somewhere in the back. "Wait a minute!" 

Soo Jin sat on one of the bar stool, while masagging her head. This whole thing is so stressful. Why did she have to do this. For the sake of the company, yes that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Soo Jin was hitting her head with her fist in frustration when Na Ji Ah entered the dining area. "What's wrong with you?" she asked, getting behind the bar. 

"Unnie, wine please. " Soo Jin didn't even answer her unnie.

Automatically, Ji Ah grabbed a glass wine and filled it almost to the top. She knew her dongsaeng was stressed.

"Cha, pasta?" Ji Ah asked as she set the glass and a bowl of peanuts in front of her dongsaeng. Soo Jin immediately grabbed the glass and took a sip. "Ah...That feels good." She sighed. 

"Unnie, bolognese please." She looked up at her unnie for the first time since she stapped in to MSG. 

"Now you're smiling. Does food have that good a hold on you?" Ji Ah teased as she was getting started on the pasta.  

"Kureom. It's the best thing after a long day. Well, alongside alcohol that is." Soo Jin said, raising her glass at Ji Ah. 

"So, why were you so stressed?" Ji Ah asked. 

"Just... The movie and all." Soo Jin took another sip of wine. 

"Ah, so it's about that? Kurae... What else could it be about. " Ji Ah said. "It has something to do with that rich guy too right? And also..." Ji Ah leaned in closer and said, "...our  writer Bang right?" 

Soo Jin glared at her unnie. "Unnie, not everything is about him okay? And also,  Myeong Su and me are colleague,  okay?" she smiled.

Ji Ah scoffed. "Araeso, whatever you say." She went back to the stove. 

At that moment, the door slammed open and Hwa Yeong walked in, looking as energetic as ever, with RaRa behind her. 

"Hello everybody!" Hwa Yeong said, sitting next to Soo Jin. Ji Ah served her a glass of orange juice. "Unnie, wine." Hwa Yeong said, staring at her glass of orange juice as if it were something undrinkable.

Ji Ah served a glass of wine for RaRa. "No. You know you can't handle alcohol. Your drinking habits are the worst. " Ji Ah said. RaRa nodded, agreeing and Soo Jin  raised her glass in agreement as well. 

Hwa Yeong really felt like hitting her unnie, but instead, took a sip of orange juice. 

"So, how did it go unnie? Did you happen to have panic attacks?" RaRa's question almost made Soo Jin choke on her wine. 

"Ya!" Soo Jin pointed at RaRa who had to cover her ears. 

"Unnie, I'm just saying. You've been having loads of them lately,  ever since, you know..."

The way that RaRa looked at her really reminded Soo Jin of a sly fox. 

"Ever since Myeong Su and you broke up?" Hwa Yeong finished her dongsaeng's sentence.

"Ya, chincha, I really can't believe that you're working on your ex boyfriend's movie." Ji Ah commented, placing the pasta in front of Soo Jin.

Soo Jin had her hands balled up into fists. They were really getting on her nerves. She took a deep breath and let it out. " Kurae. Araesoyo. Say whatever you want." She grabbed the fork and shoveled the pasta into . 

"See, I told you." RaRa said. Hwa Yeong on the other hand placed a hand on Soo Jin's shoulder. "Ya! Himnae. There are so many other guys out there."  

"Unnie, what about that executive from Jeguk Group? " RaRa said. She knew Soo Jin would be annoyed by what she had said. 

Soo Jin nearly coughed up the pasta that she had been chewing. "Ya! Do you want to die?" She pointed the fork she was holding at RaRa who held both her hands up. 

"Why not? You two look good together somehow. " Hwa Yeong said, taking a sip of her orange juice. 

Soo Jin could only laugh at the ridiculous things her friends were saying. 

"Majoe. Ya chincha you two would make a good couple. " Ji Ah said. "Trust unnie, okay?" She smiled  and pet Soo Jin's head. 

"So you all must be crazy, huh?" Soo Jin said looking at each one of them. 

"There is no way someone like Kim Won would notice somebody like me. If he did, I would feel to annoyed by his family to even care." Soo Jin said. 

"No, it's not. You're both the head of a company. Also, if I'm not mistaken you're same aged friends right? Yeong Jae told me." Hwa Yeong said. 

"It's impossible. Okay, it's impossible." Soo Jin insisted. 

"Kurae. Whatever you say unnie." RaRa said. 

"Ya, eat up. The pasta's getting cold." Ji Ah urged. Soo Jin ate her pasta, telling herself in her mind to get herself together. 

Meanwhile, Won was doing the exact opposite of what Soo Jin was doing. He was busy working. He called it working, but really, he was just looking through the family albums.

He was going through the piles in the back when he came across and album that was falling apart. It looked really cheap, maybe that's why. He opened it and the first picture was of two boys. They were smiling at the camera and from the looks of it, one of them is Kim Nam Yun. Under the photo, it was inscribed, "The two Kims." 

Won scoffed. "So he really wasn't lying after all. They really were friends. "  

At that moment, Kim Tan was watching his brother. "Hyung, what are you doing?" He finally said. Won was so immersed that he didn't notice he was being watched, so he dropped the album in shock when he heard his brother. 

"Ya, you scared me. " He picked up the album. Tan came to sit next to him. 

"It's none of your business. " Won answered. Tan nodded. "Araesoyo Hyung. Hyung, can I ask you something?" Tan said. 

"What is it?" Won said, not looking at his brother. 

"Hyung, you're going to that film company again right? In two weeks? Can me and Eun Sang tag along?" Tan looked at his brother hopefully. Won on the other hand nearly dropped the album again. 

"You think this is child's play? " He glared at Tan.

"I knew you would say that." Tan said, taking out his phone. He pressed call and placed the phone to his ear. "Yobosaeyo? Abuji, Hyung said no." He said and nodded at what his father was saying. "Hyung, abuji wants to speak to you. "

Won answered. He closed his eyes as his father nagged about how it would be good for Tan to see how business was done. "Ne, abuji."  He handed the phone over to Tan after his father hung up. 

"I told you, you can't beat me." Tan said proudly. 

"Whatever." Won said, getting up. As he was about to leave, he suddenly felt a chill run down his spine, as if there were cold winds blowing around him. 

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Tan asked. 

"Did you feel that? Who opened the door to let the winds in?" Won asked rubbing his arms to get rid of the cold. 

"Hyung, that's a sign somebody is talking about you." Tan said.

Won glared at his brother. "You." He said, before walking away. His brother really liked getting on his nerves. 

As he walked away, he could hear his brother calling out to him. "Hyung! What about this mess?!  Who's going to clean it up?!" 

Won doesn't know it, but somebody really was talking about him, namely, the real life ex- girlfriend's club, plus Soo Jin it would be the MSG gang. 

 

Ellie: I'm sorry this took so long, but yeah busy. Next chapter will be set two weeks later. Won and Soo Jin will be meeting again and pretty soon these two will be forced to be a couple. Stay tuned guys. 

I can't thank the subscribers, and commentors and readers for reading this fanfiction and also thank you to those who have kept up with this story. Thank you guys :)