Chapter 3 - The Executive and the President, let it all begin

You and Me : The life of an Executive

The movie was pretty good; Introducing My Ex Girlfriends. He liked that it was simple an was likely to attract more attention. It's relatable from what he understands. It's about the crazy exes in your life. Not like he knows, since he's never had any crazy exes. His mind then wandered off again... He smiled remembering her. He was brought back to reality by the sound of applause. 

The lights came back on again, and Kim Soo Jin once again stood in front of the crowd. "There you have it." She sai,  clapping her hands together. She was trying to appear more confident than she really was. She was looking at the crowd, searching for that one face. The one her father told her to be careful of. She spotted him way in the back. 

She has an advantage over this guy. She knows everything. At least, she thinks she does. According to her father, Kim Won's father would have a hard time sharing stuff like that. She had to focus on the task at hand. If there was any chance at all that she could get enough investors that she didn't have to work with Jeguk, that would be great. Her father's face was always looming at the very back of her mind. It's not even his company why does he have to take control? 

She looks up at her potential investors. "From the available episodes, we'll pick the 21 most highly rated episodes and turn it into a movie." She walks from one end of the platform to the other. "This movie should be relatable to most people. We discovered this from the survey we did. And true enough, the hectic, crazy dating life in this webtoon should be relatable to most people, with only about 14% disagreeing." She then looked towards Kim Won. He's surprisingly a good place to concentrate her attention on. 

"So, with that in mind, I hope everyone will think favourably of this project and trust us that it will be a hit." She said it in a more desperate tone than she intended, but quickly got it under control. "Thank you for coming today and please, help yourself to the food and enjoy your lunch." She ended her pitch. No need to go overboard. Everyone applauded as she got off the platform, and headed straight for Hwa Yeong and Yeong Jae. 

Hwa Yeong clapped enthusiastically, the way she normally does, making a few people look towards their direction. "Yah... You're doing well these days." Hwa Yeong said. 

"You wouldn't be saying that a year ago." Soo Jin sighed. "Remember? You used to give me a hard time. Even firing me?" Soo Jin took a glass of champagne off the tray on the table. She really needed a drink. She could never really get used to being a president, even if it's been a year. 

"Why bring up something that's past?" Hwa Yeong said in an annoyed tone. "It was just a misunderstanding right?" He looked to Yeong Jae who just smiled and nodded, making his fiancee squeal with happiness.

"This is still the same situation as last year isn't it?" Soo Jin took a sip of her champagne. "I mean, he's still writing about his exes." She took a bite of the cream puff she picked up while Hwa Yeong was talking. 

"Eeiii...This time we're in this together, aren't we? You're in it too this time." Hwa Yeong said, her smile was back. 

Soo Jin scoffed. She knew that was true. Then why was she still doing this for him? It couldn't be that she still has feelings for him. No. She told herself no. She won't put herself through that again. "Kurae... Whatever you say.." 

Hwa Yeong was about to argue when someone behind Soo Jin caught her attention. He was walking over with his hands in his pocket, as usual, looking cool and collected. "Oh, Geon ah!" Hwa Yeong waved in her usual over the top manner. 

Jo Geon, the famous director smirked back. "It's been a while..."

At the same time, Na Ji Ah and Rara were already making their way towards the group. Geon smiled at the two. "Now the gang is almost complete." Geon said.

"Director... It's been a long time." RaRa said in her sweetest voice. "Director, it really has been a long time." Na Ji Ah said in her usual calm voice. Director Jo Geon nodded at the both of then looked at Soo Jin. "Soo Jin sshi, I think you have an admirer, he said, looking slightly behind him. 

Soo Jin looked past him only to make eye contact with Kim Won who had been staring at her. Kim Won put his glass of champagne down and made his way towards the group.

"Oh, he's coming over here." Hwa Yeong said excitedly, linking arms with Soo Jin. Soo Jin clicked her tongue. Why couldn't it be someone else, she thought to herself. 

Then, Kim Won was smiling at everyone in her circle of friends. After nodding at everyone as acknowledgement, he turned his attention towards Soo Jin. "Hello Kim Soo Jin sshi, I'm Kim Won from Jeguk group." He smiled his business smile. 

"Is that so?" Soo Jin said, pretending not to know. "Kim Won sshi,  I'm so sorry, I didn't know. You know, since I don't judge someone based on how they look or dress. " Soo Jin said coldly. 

Won chuckled, wondering how he had missed the word President that was printed in bold letters on her ID. He looked up at her, not wanting to lose."That was something, Kim Soo Jin sshi. I didn't know that you also provide shows to these kinds of events." 

Anger was boiling up inside, but Soo Jin smiled to hide her annoyance. "It helps. To see what people are really like. You won't believe how rude people are in real life." She said, smiling. 

Won can't help but feel that was directed at him. No. He was sure that it was meant to hurt him. She plays rough. But thats okay. He liked a challenge.

"Kim Won sshi, I know why you're here and I assume your father has told you also." Soo jin folded her arms together in authority. 

This took Won by surprise. He composed himself again. "You do?  So you know what happened between the two Kims?" He asked, acting relaxed. Soo Jin smiled. "Of course, they're our father's after all." 

Won chuckled. "Yeah, they are... So,  this means I don't have to hide anything. Good. Makes it so much easier." Won said. Soo Jin nodded. "Why? We both have nothing to hide anyway. Let's just be straightforward from now on." She suggested. 

Won nodded. "Alright. Agreed." He held out his hand, which Soo Jin shook. 

"But you still have to do the meeting the proper way. Call us, tell us you're thinking of funding this project and set a date and time for us to meet." Soo Jin said. 

Won smiled. "Of course. I look forward to seeing you there." Won said. 

Soo Jin nodded stiffly. "I wouldn't miss it for the worl,  Kim Won sshi." 

Won smiled and nodded. "Kureoum..." He said before excusing himself from the group. 

Everyone in her group stared as Kim Won walked out the door. "What was all that about?" Na Ji Ah asked. As Won and Soo Jin were talking, not one of the people around the two understood what they were talking about. 

Soo Jin picked up another glass of champagne. "Just something, unnie. We'll talk later." She said, thinking about this situation. She didn't want to have to pick Jeguk, but if they were the highest bidder, there was nothing she could do.Her gut was telling her they were going to have to work together. 

Meanwhile, out in the cold, Won was standing next to his car. He had to make the call. It was urgent. "Hello? It's me. Call Jung In Films. Make sure we get their new project, Introducing my ex girlfriends. I don't care how much we have to pitch and how many times you have to call. We have to land that project." He said sternly. There was no way he was going to let himself fail the task, before it even started. No. He was going to be the one working with Kim Soo Jin because that was what the task required. Not any company but Jeguk. And he himself knows that they were going to get it. They may not have the background, but they had the money. He was reminded himself of this as he drove away, ready for the next step, the contract signing. 

 

Ellie: Okay, so I don't know...please comment and also this was pretty tough since I'm writing this with minimal sleep. Business interactions are hard to write. Anyway, thanks to anyone who has so far kept up with this fanfic or even just read the first chapter.